Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40427 - 11 Jan 07 22:41 AdamAir Tail Found
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Part of missing Indonesian plane found in sea

MAKASSAR (Reuters) - A part of the tail of an Indonesian jetliner that went missing 10 days ago with 102 people on board has been found in the sea off Sulawesi island, an air base commander said on Thursday.

"This morning I announced that there has been a finding of a part of Adam Air. What was found was the left tail's stabilizer number 65C25746-76. This thing was found by a fisherman in Pare Pare," Eddy Suyanto, the air base commander in Makassar, told reporters.

"This thing was found 8 km south of Pare Pare and 300 metres from the beach."

#40428 - 11 Jan 07 22:46 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

So the unanswered cell phone was..... bullshit????

Unless the famed goblins cut the plane up and dumped bits of it at sea..

#40432 - 11 Jan 07 23:11 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Probably PB, Bullshit flies FAST and LOOSE in Indonesia.

Here's a hastily translated update:

Part of AdamAir plane found -- relatives relieved and sad

Both happy and sad.
Such was the feeling of several of the Adam Air passengers' relatives, who are waiting in the transit Hotel at the Makassar airport.
They clustered in front of a television that was installed in lobby of the hotel to get the latest information.
"Happy but also sad," said Hilda, a family member.
In fact Hilda had intended to leave Makassar this Friday.
However with this new discovery, Hilda decided to postpone.
"I in fact have been bored, but if this information is true, I will postpone my departure," she said.
The object that was found by a fisherman named Bakrie (apparently no relation to Minister Aburizal Bakrie), it was confirmed as the a part of the tail section of the lost aircraft.
The object was white and found by Bakrie 8 km south of Pare Pare, 300 metres off the coast.
The part the right tail of the aircraft had Serial Number 65c25746 flat 76b.
That number matches up with the missing AdamAir plane aircraft data.
The object is approximately 1 metre long, and was currently being examined at the Hasanuddin Airbase (Makassar) after it was handed over by Bakrie to the Large City Territorial Police of Pare Pare.

#40434 - 11 Jan 07 23:22 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Another translated update:

Body of woman found in waters off Pare Pare

A female body was found by the fisherman floated in waters close to the Quay 2 Pare-Pare.
This news was confirmed by the Team Leader SAR Makassar, W Suparman.
"Yes I could information, around 7:45 (central Indonesia time)."
It was found floated in the bay of Pare Pare, he said on Thursday (11/1/2007).
However Suparman would not confirm whether the body was one of the passengers of the ill-fated AdamAir plane.
He promised to check the truth of this news.
The body had on "soldier-style" brown trousers and was found close to the same area where the tail part of the plane was found.

#40435 - 12 Jan 07 00:16 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

All joking aside. I feel so sorry for the pasengers and crew. That woman in brown cargo pants was someones daughter, someones friend. A mother, a lover.

It shouldnt be like this. WAKE UP INDONESIA!!!!

#40438 - 12 Jan 07 01:09 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Now Commander Eddy Suyanto says the woman was NOT an AdamAir passenger. But he did not say how he knew that for sure, and he did not elaborate as to who she was or why she was floating or how she died.

Which raises the question: Is it common for women in Sulawesi to die and be dumped in the bay??

#40441 - 12 Jan 07 03:07 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: riccardo
Now Commander Eddy Suyanto says the woman was NOT an AdamAir passenger. But he did not say how he knew that for sure, and he did not elaborate as to who she was or why she was floating or how she died.

Which raises the question: Is it common for women in Sulawesi to die and be dumped in the bay??

she was apparently wearing commando-style trousers.

perhaps she was a jihad geriliawati?

#40445 - 12 Jan 07 05:21 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
The thing about the body above. Metro splash live pictures (and of course the repeats) showing this person in all her bloated glory on television uncensored.

Then they apologise, not for making me lose my lunch, but for the possibility that it might not be from the Adam Air disaster.

#40498 - 12 Jan 07 23:06 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I saw the same images! Metro are commonly showing gory details, be it Baygon suicides or murder victims. Are Indonesians immune to these images or do they have different sensibilities (stronger stomachs)from those raised in a western culture?

#40554 - 13 Jan 07 03:38 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Polar Bear]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: Polar Bear
All joking aside. I feel so sorry for the pasengers and crew. That woman in brown cargo pants was someones daughter, someones friend. A mother, a lover.

It shouldnt be like this. WAKE UP INDONESIA!!!!

INDONESIA already Woke up from many times ago

Edited by Jokie Jokie Girl (13 Jan 07 03:48)

#40557 - 13 Jan 07 03:47 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

she was apparently wearing commando-style trousers.

perhaps she was a jihad geriliawati?

she wasn't a jihad geriliawati but she was Sundari, a women who suicide and now we call "sundal bolong" grin

#40560 - 13 Jan 07 04:05 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: riccardo]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Part of missing Indonesian plane found in sea

MAKASSAR (Reuters) - A part of the tail of an Indonesian jetliner that went missing 10 days ago with 102 people on board has been found in the sea off Sulawesi island, an air base commander said on Thursday.

"This morning I announced that there has been a finding of a part of Adam Air. What was found was the left tail's stabilizer number 65C25746-76. This thing was found by a fisherman in Pare Pare," Eddy Suyanto, the air base commander in Makassar, told reporters.

"This thing was found 8 km south of Pare Pare and 300 metres from the beach."

ric,The map that you posted reminded me of my childhood frown

Pekabata, Pinrang, and Pare Pare was the cities that I spent alots of my times for my basic school and also my junior high school before I moved to Bandung, that was nice cities with friendly society..
and Segeri was a place of my Father birth, sometimes I went there to visited my Father's families

uhhhh..suddenly I miss them frown

#40567 - 13 Jan 07 04:22 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Dilli]
The Prisoner Offline
Member+/-

Loc: United Kingdom
Quoting: Dilli
I saw the same images! Metro are commonly showing gory details, be it Baygon suicides or murder victims. Are Indonesians immune to these images or do they have different sensibilities (stronger stomachs)from those raised in a western culture?

And yet look through a newpaper at images of the Eva Maria scandal and they put black bubbles over nipples (male and female) and navels (male and female).

Tres bizzare, non?

Headless, decomposing, bullet-ridden corpses: YES!
A man's belly-button: HELL NO!

Like I said when my parents came to visit (re: traffic in JKT): "Don't try to find any logic in it - cos you're already pushing your mid-fifties..."
Dulce et decorum est pro sodomy coleslaw
It is sweet and proper to fuck coleslaw up the arse

#40589 - 13 Jan 07 09:50 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: Dilli

When life is hard one becomes much more quickly inured (good word that Riccardo) to dealing with death .
My wifes father died when she was young - he was planted by family and neighbours - something that few people can do in the civilized west .
It often used to concern me about the lack of knowledge in the handling of remains - someone dying in the tropics can become really quite unpleasant by the next day (assuming of course they weren't already unpleasant to start with) - and handling the remains without wearing gloves is really quite silly .

#40591 - 13 Jan 07 10:27 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I did my business the other day in the toilet and flushed to watch the whole mess come gurgling upwards in all its glory before spinning around and being sucked down the hole. This is a rather gross process, only beaten when you have to complete the same process with somebody else's business after they have neglected to do so.

You wouldn't find that in the West would you? Flick the switch and it's straight out of sight and mind, sucked out to a waste-processing plant where it's converted into fertilizer and sports drinks.

In the West, a loved one croaks and that's it. -- other than the unfortunate who finds said dead person, you don't have to see the body if you choose not to do so. Hit that convenient little switch and Mr Undertaker does it all for you, without you ever getting your hands dirty. Death is business.

That of course doesn't happen here; there is no direct flush mechanism. The whole mess gurgles up and swirls around before its buried six feet under. Families crammed in the back of an 'ambulance' with the bodies of loved ones wrapped in sheets as they return to their hometown for burials is one such example.

Anyway, some will argue that for many Western cultures lying in state etc is all natural, as seen during the James Brown burial, but not for me and other white, middle-classed males of my generation at least. Death is not something I had ever dealt with until I came here. I suppose that makes me lucky.

#40593 - 13 Jan 07 10:57 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Piss Salon]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
Mmm still mistery about Adam Air?!

#40713 - 15 Jan 07 02:13 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: dolphin]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Preflight checks are mandatory and Adam Air confirm that all of their pilots are trained in compliance with the highest aviation industry standards

Attachments
444-AdamAir2.jpg

#40746 - 15 Jan 07 10:40 Re: AdamAir Tail Found [Re: Dilli]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Both hands off his joystick?

but it looks like an ejaculation seat....

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop