Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39893 - 04 Jan 07 06:23 ADAM AIR MYSTERY!!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
The "mystery" surrounding the whereabouts of the "missing" Adam Air flight remains.

According to the Singapore Satellite Detection Signal, the aircraft is at -03 139.2 S Latitude X 119 0917 E Longitude (detik, antara, adamair.com)
If those coordinates are coorect it puts it ~40 km NNE from Polewali town and 27km due North of Mapili town. Kananmu mountain (607m) lies 9km due east of the crash and the nearest hamlets -- accessible only by tributaries of the Mapili River or what appear to be dirt (mud at this time of year) paths -- are Tabatabu (1.5km), Bulu (1.2km) and Bedoh (1.1km). However, these hamlets lie in a river valley and the spot of the crash seems to be at least 400 meters in elevation higher.

Check these maps if your modem and bandwidth are good:
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/ams/indonesia/txu-oclc-21752461-sa50-16.jpg
http://bppmd-sulsel.go.id/chapter2/det_o...tail&area=1
http://www.terraserver.com/

Now, IF ONLY the "authorities" could sort all this out. Here is what we've heard from our illuminative officials and military people.

Bambang Karnoyudho, the head of the National Search and Rescue Agency, told The Associated Press on Wednesday morning.

Karnoyudo said that "based on radar and satellite readings he thought it most likely that the plane had fallen into the sea."

Another military officer said it could be near Tanah Toraja, 100km to the east Or Majene, 50km to the southwest.

Initial reports said it was found near the hamlet of Rangoan, which is 17.25km north and slightly east of of the above coordinates.

SO WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? (conspiracy theory alert)

Why can't any of these officials get anything straight? OR DID THEY ALREADY? Perhaps their looting everything they can get, like wallets, jewelry and anything else of value.

Crazy you ask? Well a similar thing has happened recently. Check this link:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Austral...3251634368.html
(check the last 5 para about the looting and nobody trying to save the desperate volunteers)

Edited by riccardo (05 Jan 07 05:03)

#39896 - 04 Jan 07 06:58 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Why don't you charter a flight and get the scoop of your life?

#39897 - 04 Jan 07 06:58 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The Pilot was likely trying to do an emergency landing in the swampy lowlands north of Mapili town or in the Mapili river, but within 10 kilometers there is a wall of 600m + mountains, which he slammed into.

#39898 - 04 Jan 07 07:03 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Piss Salon
Why don't you charter a flight and get the scoop of your life?

I'd say with the weather there'd be no way to do it with a heli, one would have to take a motor boat/canoe up the Mapili river from Mapili town into the 3rd tributary on the right and get out around Bulo or Bedot. Then hike up the mountain (around 600m elevation) through dense jungle for about 1.5 km. I can just hear the javanese army boys now, "eh pusing banget, capet sekali dong."

#39899 - 04 Jan 07 07:05 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
If that is where the squawk and distress signal was located - assuming he was at altitude - and lets say this overloaded crate cruised at 27,000' then if , just if the pilot only suffered loss of power , and was able to get on a GSA of 4 degrees , then a bit of trig gives us something like a 85 mile range from the last know contact . If he had power , more , if the airframe disintegrated , anywhere .

Looting corpses from aircrashes is not exclusive to asia - when that AA jet dropped into the potomac river - it look like the passengers were pawpers when the bodies were got back to the families . What the rescuers didn't get , the mortuary staff did .

#39900 - 04 Jan 07 07:26 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

JH, From the info I've found, it's last contact (while still flying) was at 8,000 ft (2,400m) and just off the west coast of Majene town. So if it continued in it's north-east direction toward Manado, it would indeed sit around the GPS coordinates that the Singapore Satellite Detection says it now rests, which is about 50~60km NE of Majene town.

#39901 - 04 Jan 07 07:48 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The confusion came from the military commander in Polewali, who at first said one of his search planes located the craft. Then after it was "discovered" that such info was apparently a total fabrication, they blame it on villagers.

Major General Arif Budi Sampurno told MetroTV on Wednesday morning that after checking the reported location they had not found any plane wreck.

"News from the village head reporting 12 survivors was also not true, the village head (of Rangoan 17km NW of crash site) had said told us that,"

The AP Story had this info:
The claims (that they'd found survivors) were repeated by everyone from the chief of Adam Air -- who extrapolated to say that a dozen people survived -- to senior aviation officials, high-ranking military officials and police.

Descriptions were vivid, with officials saying corpses and debris from the plane were scattered over a 300-yard area of forests and jagged cliffs, highlighting the often unreliable and chaotic nature of disaster relief efforts in the world's largest archipelagic nation.

Eventually, Transport Minister Hatta Radjasa acknowledged the news was based on rumors from villagers, sparking a series of reversals from other officials.

"The search and rescue team is still looking for the location," the minister told El-Shinta radio. "It has not yet been found."

Karnoyudho said much of the original information came from Hariyanto, who said he received the news from subordinates after they spoke to a village chief.

SO WHICH WAS IT?
1. DID THE SEARCH PLANE SEE IT?
2. DID VILLAGERS TELL THEM?

Curiouser and Curiouser!

#39906 - 04 Jan 07 08:24 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Adam Air Crisis center just called to ask me where it was, so I told them.

#39907 - 04 Jan 07 08:48 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

ANOTHER CONSPIRACY THEORY

The plane was hijacked by jihadi boys, turned off all the coms and flew below the radar to the southern Phillipines landing on a remote airstrip. They will hold the passengers for ransom (Abu Sayyaf and MILF are accustomed to this sort of thing), then fill the plane to the brim with dynamite or c-4 or whatever they can get, and train some guy who's ready to meet his virgins, and fly the 10,000 pound bomb into ??????? (take you're best guess -- I'll take a shot and say they go for the US embassy in Singapore or Manila).

#39909 - 04 Jan 07 09:36 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well , supposedly it isn't fit to fly , not having had a major o'haul in 13 months , so it probably won't get off the ground .

Believe nothing anybody tells you and only half of what you see , and you won't go far wrong.

#39910 - 04 Jan 07 11:05 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Another consideration - they can track it from all the cellphone signals - no tosser can ever turn the damned things off .

#39911 - 04 Jan 07 12:52 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: James Hanratty
Another consideration - they can track it from all the cellphone signals - no tosser can ever turn the damned things off .

This is one of the things "my source" told me and it's why it raised a red flag. It would be next to impossible that they all had their HPs off, so the only explanation is the jihad boys, collected them all straight away and disabled them. Then they flew over inhospitable terrain and sounded the distress signal to throw everyone off the trail.

After that, they shut down all the coms and flew under the radar to a desolate, or protected airstrip, perhaps somewhere in Indonesia, but it sounds like the southern Philippines.

It is interesting, too, that shortly after I heard this "rumor", there were news reports starting to fly about both Singapore and the US (the two countries most paranoid about terrorism) deciding to start looking for the darn thing on their own. And the TNI chief said, "I don't know about that (U.S. help), I'll check tomorrow morning..."

#39912 - 04 Jan 07 13:12 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

In that case - have a word with you source , or perhaps that should be with your sauce(as you refer to HP's) , and ask him for the numbers of all in the flight - since it is supposedly necessary to register all phones to a KTP , a bit of brisk dialling will confirm this rumour.

#39913 - 04 Jan 07 13:16 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

These are the people that are/were on board.

**1. ABDULAH/ MR
2. AGUS/ MR
**3. ALI/ MR
4. ALLOWISIUS/ MR
5. ANNIE/AA MRS
6. ARIF/BUDIANTO MR
7. ARISTON/SETYOWIDODOM
8. BAMBANG/MARDIANTO MR
9. BAMBANG/SUPRIYANTO MR
10. BAMBANG/UTOYO MR
11. BENNY/LENDO MR
12. BENNY/ MR
13. BOBI/ MR
14. BOY/ MR
15. BRAM/TANGAHU MR
16.CHRISTINA/AGATHA MS
17. CICI/TURANGAN MRS
18. CINDY/W MS
19. DANIEL/H MR
20. DARIANTO/FA MR
21. DASILVA/ MRS
22. DAVID/ MR
23. DELON/ MSTR.IN
24. DESSY/KATARINAPAULUS - Dari Jakarta
25. ELLEN/ MRS
26. ELNNY/W MS
27. EOB SUSETIJA BUDI/ MR
28. ESTER/MARAMIS MRS
29. FAJAR/JONAH MR
**30. FATHURROHMAN/ MR
31. FERI/TRIHANDAYANI MRS
32. FERRY/KUINGO MR
33. FITTORIO/ MR
34. FLONIA/ASSA MS
35. GABRIEL/ MR
36. GARY/ MR
37. GLENN/ MR
**38. HALID/ MR
39. HALIM/DEDIANTO MR
40. HANS/RUMENGAN MR
41. HERRY/SUDARYONO MR
**42. IBRAHIM/ MR
43. IGNATIA/GATUWATI MS
44. INGGRID/ MRS
45. JENNY/PANDA MS
46. JOLLY/WILLEMMOMONGAN
47. JOPPY/W MR
48. JUFRI/M MR
49. JUNEKE/ MRS
50. KOMANG/PRADINA MS
51. KRISTINA/ MS
52. LALE/DANIEL MR
53. LEONARDO/PRAMATYAA MS
54. LIMANA/SARIDEWI MRS
55. LINDSEY/ MS
56. LISA/KAIRUPAN MS
57. MADE/DWI MS
58. MARIA/JTOLIN MRS
59. MARICE/S MRS
60. MARRY/K MRS
61. MATHEW/ MSTR.IN
62. MAYA/ISMAWATI MRS
63. MEILAN/MS - Dari Jakarta
64. MELVA/W MS
65. MILKA/ MISS.IN
66. MIRECHELE/ MSTR.IN
67. NICO/R MR
68. NOVI/HENDRAYANTO MR
69. NOVI/KAWENGIAN MRS
70. PASARIBU/LETDA MR
71. PETRASELSRUMPIA/ MR - Dari Jakarta
72. PILIH/ MR
73. POLITTON/FNICODR MR
**74. PUNGKY/ MR
75. RENDY/H MR
76. RIANE/ MRS
77. RIRIN/MRS
78. ROISATUL/MUSLIMAH MS - Dari Jakarta
79. RONALD/ MR
**80. SAMSURI/ MR
81. SCOTT/JAKSON MR
82. SINTJE/KALALO MRS
83. SRI/HARTINI MRS
84. STEPHANIE/ MRS
85. STEPHANUS/GATUWATI MR
86. SYAMSUL/ARIFIN MR
87. TEOFILUS/RIKESAA MSTR
88. TUMBELAKA/NONTJE MS
89. TUMINEM/ MRS
90. VIRA/KMS.CH
91. WARTI/ MS
92. WIESYE/ MRS
93. YAHYA/KUSTEDJO MR
94. YONO/ MR
95. YOSBE/KAWENGIAN MR
96. YOULA/IROTH MRS

#39914 - 04 Jan 07 13:22 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: James Hanratty
and ask him for the numbers of all in the flight - since it is supposedly necessary to register all phones to a KTP , a bit of brisk dialling will confirm this rumour.

First off, I doubt "my source" would have any, let alone all, of the numbers, and I don't really follow you on how that would give us anything if they turned them all off/disabled them.

#39915 - 04 Jan 07 14:07 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Here's a little bit of info on the 3 Americans on board the plane:

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Two sisters who attend the University of Oregon were aboard a jetliner that vanished on a flight in Indonesia, family members said.

Stephanie Jackson, 21, and Lindsey Jackson, 18, both from Bend, were visiting their father, 54-year-old Scott Jackson, a wood-products industry representative who lives part time in Indonesia, Brazil and Oregon, family members told The Oregonian newspaper on Tuesday.

The Jackson sisters and their father were believed to be the only Americans aboard the flight operated by Indonesia-based Adam Air.

The plane sent out two distress signals in stormy weather Monday. Contrary to an earlier report, no wreckage has been found despite a search over land and sea.

Stephanie Jackson is a senior majoring in pre-med, and Lindsey Jackson is studying marine biology, their mother, Felice Jackson DuBois of Bend, told the newspaper.

"Any time I hear that they're going on an airplane, yes, I'm scared," DuBois said. "But you can't live your life guided by your fears. You just want to hold out hope."

DuBois said her daughters sent her an e-mail that said "Happy New Year" shortly before takeoff.

DuBois, who is divorced from Scott Jackson, described her daughters as adventurers who have lived and traveled overseas since they were young.

Scott Jackson is president director of P.T. Fendi Mungil, an Indonesian manufacturing company that makes rattan furniture, said Sheryl Webb, the company's international sales manager.

The plane carrying 102 people sent out two distress signals in stormy weather Monday halfway through its two-hour journey from Indonesia's main island of Java to Manado, on the northern tip of Sulawesi, one of the largest islands.

Initially, officials said 12 people had been found alive at a crash site on Sulawesi's mountainous western coast. But rescue teams hiking into the rain-soaked jungle found nothing. The government later recanted the reports, saying the earlier statements had been based on the unconfirmed accounts of villagers.

"It's hard to ferret out the rumor from the facts," DuBois said. "All we can do is wait."

DuBois described Stephanie as "tenacious," and recalled a time when the family was living in the Portland suburb of West Linn. A stack of freshly cut oak was sitting in front of their house, and her father told Stephanie, then in first grade, she should try to sell it.

"She went out and sat on that pile of wood with a for-sale sign the entire day," DuBois said. "She sold it all. Whenever you would give her something, she was like a dog with a bone. She just wouldn't let up on it."

Lindsey Jackson, meanwhile, has always loved nature.

"There'd be a butterfly here, a beetle there," DuBois said. "We always say that animals don't understand that she's human. She had an affinity for the natural world, and we always said she was a walking insectorium."

#39916 - 04 Jan 07 14:15 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Here's one story you won't see in the Indonesian media.
In Detik and Kompas, it says the U.S. and Singapore have "sent" help. But it's clear from this story, that Indonesian officials secretly begged for "the foreigners" to help them.

------------------------------------------

Indonesia asks for help to find plane

ANTHONY DEUTSCHE, AAP

January 04, 2007 01:00am

Indonesia asked for foreign help early today in finding a missing airliner as forecasts of heavy storms further threatened rescue efforts already hampered by painful miscommunication and dense jungle.
The Boeing 737-400, operated by domestic carrier Adam Air, disappeared in stormy weather on Monday while flying between the main island of Java and the regional capital of Sulawesi, Manado.

The plane was carrying 100 passengers and crew including children.

Distress signals picked up in the flight's final minutes led emergency workers to a triangle covering hundreds of kilometres on the island's western coastline, but they have not yet found a single clue or picked up an emergency transponder signal.

"Until now, we have not yet found any signal or indication of where the ill-fated plane crashed," said the search mission coordinator, Air Force official Eddy Suyanto.

Finding the lost aircraft has bogged down by poor coordination among local and national officials, bad weather and dense, remote island terrain.

"Indonesia is a place full of miscommunication, contradictory information and confusion during an accident like this," said Nicholas Ionides, managing editor for Flight International Magazine in Asia.

"There is gossip and rumour and you never know what the facts are."

Rescuers wasted the first day climbing treacherous mountain tricks, only to be told after 10 hours that reports of burning wreckage and survivors were just rumours
- a painful reality for families holding out hope that their missing loved ones may be alive.

A second day of missions in the air, sea and over land ended at dusk today with officials saying they had again failed to find the aircraft.

Strong wind and rain forced surveillance planes back to base, and a severe storm was reportedly heading for the island and due to hit tomorrow.

Tracking technology may have been destroyed if the plane impacted from cruising altitude, and it may have crash landed in an unpopulated, remote ravine.

Even if an emergency transponder was emitting a signal, there may be interference weakening it, said Laurence Benn, head of the Centre for Civil Aviation in London.

"The locator beacon also has a limited battery life," said Benn.

Thousands of soldiers, marines and police were combing the area, and Singapore and the United States have been asked to assist search efforts, military Chief Air Marshal Djoko Suyanto told reporters before meeting with Indonesia's president to discuss the accident.

"The longer they go without finding anything, the worse that is for everything," Ionides said. "The hope now is that they can find the aircraft and find out what happened and prevent a reoccurrence."

#39926 - 04 Jan 07 23:29 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Anyone know the range of a 2G cellphone??

Anyone know how far away the nearest base station is?

#39943 - 05 Jan 07 01:47 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

#39945 - 05 Jan 07 02:01 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Oh and another bit of news. The emergency beacon apparently only had a battery life-span of 48 hours, meaning it went dead on Wednesday afternoon. And Adam Air people said they called the cellphone of the co-pilot and it "rang" but did not answer, giving them the idea that the phone was "in range" and not underwater.

#39947 - 05 Jan 07 02:04 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
you mean, the Adam Air pilot had his cell phone activated during a flight??

#39948 - 05 Jan 07 02:07 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Don't know really, kuku. There is so much misinformation flying it's amazing and the only plausible explanation at this point seems to be..... JIHAD!

#39949 - 05 Jan 07 02:47 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

This is a sat photo showing the massive, intense storm they were planning to slam through at the time of the flight on Monday with the minimum amount of fuel.... The big red X is Makassar, where they were supposed to fly over on the way to Manado, but Makassar ATC apparently was never able to make contact.

#39950 - 05 Jan 07 03:09 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

This interesting theory/speculation comes from a pilot who posts on the pprune.org site under the handle "bomarc" from Washington DC.
"I read an article that indicated that 2 different elt signals were being tracked...one on 121.5mhz and the other on 460 mhz.

one part of the article suggests that the plane broke apart in flight, possibly an explosion.

may I theorize the following: perhaps the plane was not well cared for and the continutity of the airframe had a gap in which a lightning strike did not pass through the plane WITHOUT creating a spark gap, perhaps in a fuel vapor area causing an explosion.

as we all know, a plane which is properly allowing for a lightning strike to pass through it will perhaps show a small hole exiting the structure...but a gap which allows this spark to jump, just MIGHT cause an explosion."

#39953 - 05 Jan 07 04:13 Re: SCOOP: ADAM-AIR FOUND!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Check out this Accident/crash report, which took place on the nearly similar flight pattern, in the same season, 46 years ago.
It was never found. Hmmm, does Indonesia have it's own "Bermuda Triangle"????

Date: 03 FEB 1961
Time: ca 23:50
Type: Douglas C-47A-20-DK
Operator: Garuda Indonesia Airways
C/n / msn: 13052
First flight: 1944
Total airframe hrs: 18829
Crew: Fatalities: 5 / Occupants: 5
Passengers: Fatalities: 21 / Occupants: 21
Total: Fatalities: 26 / Occupants: 26
Airplane damage: Written off
Phase: En route
Nature: Domestic Scheduled Passenger
Departure airport: Surabaya-Juanda Airport (SUB/WARR), Indonesia
Destination airport: Balikpapan-Sepingan Airport (BPN/WALL), Indonesia

Flightnumber: 542
Narrative:
The aircraft went missing on a flight from Surabaya.. The wreckage was never found.

Events:

Unknown - Missing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  NetCop