Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39799 - 03 Jan 07 03:34 Restaurant Review - The Living Room (Bali)
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Address: Jln Petitenget, Kerobokan.
Tel: 735.735 Fax: (62-0361) 736.736
Email: email@livingroombali.com
Web: www.livingroombali.com

This has to be one of the best places to go for a special meal in Bali. Located in Seminyak it has always had a very special setting. Imagine yourself dinning in a forest of trees illuminated by millions of fairy lights and candles and you have The Living Room. This is definitely what I would call a “pants down place” – that is if you take a date here you know her pants are coming down at the end of the night.

Until recently the quality of the food has not matched the setting – however I am very pleased to announce this has now changed. I guess there has been a change in the kitchen as the food coming out these days rates as the finest in Bali. What was a bland and uninspired menu before now has your mouth watering in anticipation.

Yes it is on the expensive side but it is still value for money for a special splurge every now and again

Attachments
352-livingroom2.jpg

353-livingroom.jpg

#40559 - 13 Jan 07 04:04 Re: Restaurant Review - The Living Room (Bali) [Re: chewwyUK]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
Reason why I would never go back to this place again is because there was 11 of us, for each of us it cost 680,000 (this included meal wine / drinks). When towards the end of the meal I asked for a "glass of water"...not bottle of aqua...they brought me a glass. When I asked if everyone could have a glass they refused and said we could each have a bottle of Aqua for 20,000 rupiah each. I tried to reason with them and wanted to understand why I got a glass but nobody else could......I made a lot of noise when the manager came to see me and refused us water...so I told him that I didn't want to speak to the pembantu and was there anyone of importance I could speak with....the entire restaurant could hear me.

We ended up with water !!!! free....but we did not leave a tip.

Disgusting arsehole management at the Living Room. The waiters and waitresses think they are the owners....they tend to look down on you.

Edited by No Eye Dear (13 Jan 07 04:08)

Moderator:  NetCop