chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
PAT THAI BANGKOK SEAFOOD
Jl. Dr Satrio No. 275
Karet - Kunningan
Jakarta
T: 522 4122

Every time I drove past this restaurant I would think ďI really must try that placeĒ. Finally on a trip back from Ambassador Mall with the girlfriend I had the chance try it! Itís a very simple restaurant with the interior being very basic. Simple table and chairs, very bland interior and bright lighting Ö Not the type of place you would choose for a very special occasion but very clean.

With that said it is the place to go for some very tasty Thai food! We quickly ordered Steamed Prawn with Garlic (35.000), Steamed Gurame with Lemon Sauce (35.000), Combined Seafood Soup (37.500) and Fried baby Kailan with salted fish. (18.000). Soft drinks are priced at Rp. 9.000 and big beers come in at Rp. 13,000.

I am no Thai expert and I have no idea how authentic the taste was. What I will say is that the food tasted great. Its fresh and packed full of flavor Ö If you are going to order anything then make sure itís the soup (Tom Yam Po Tek). Its hot, spicy and packed full of delightful goodies!

The food here was so good that we both returned 48 hours later and the second time was every bit as good as the first.

#40411 - 11 Jan 07 13:40 Re: Restaurant Review - Pat Thai Bangkok Seafood [Re: chewwyUK]
buzzman Offline

Loc: Infinity and Beyond
That's a lot of food for 2 people! :-)

May check it out if I have a chance.

Btw, I'm new to this forum. I'm originally from Indonesia, but now living in the States and will visit Jakarta soon.

#40454 - 12 Jan 07 06:37 Re: Restaurant Review - Pat Thai Bangkok Seafood [Re: buzzman]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Packed full of delightful goodies. Sounds like my gf last night.

Yes, I too have often seen Pat Thai but have never ventured across its threshold. Now, I will. Thanks food boy.

Went to a cool little bar called Public in the Taman Ria Senyan complex last night. Formerly Manor Lounge.

I love what they've done with the place, really great, rustic archetecture, though modern and minimalist. Hard to explain but it almost looks like a groovy boatshed, dark, open to the elements and built out over that horrid lagoon thing, which, thankfully they have made an effort to clean up.

And the best part: If you drink enough you can vomit and feed the fish. Wednesday night is your best chance of doing this because they have two for one beer deals so it works out at less than Rp20,000 for a medium-sized schooner.

Crowd gets a eight out of ten on Wednesday nights also. Some pretty nice and friendly girls, both expat and otherwise.

However, I didn't hear what the music was like before midnight (I was told it was okay) but after midnight the DJ (who is apparently popular around town (I forget his name)) was simply awful. Bad music and too loud. Unbearable in fact. At least until after I had a couple.

I suppose if you like your beats loud and cheesy, you are drunk and dancing, you don't care, or you are feeding the fish,then this place is for you. If you want someplace to relax and talk, go elsewhere.

#45252 - 15 Feb 07 06:52 Re: Restaurant Review - Pat Thai Bangkok Seafood [Re: chewwyUK]
Polisi Tidur Offline
Member+

Loc: Bikini Bottom
Quoting: chewwyUK
PAT THAI BANGKOK SEAFOOD
I am no Thai expert and I have no idea how authentic the taste was. What I will say is that the food tasted great. Its fresh and packed full of flavor Ö If you are going to order anything then make sure itís the soup (Tom Yam Po Tek). Its hot, spicy and packed full of delightful goodies!

It's as good and as authentic as any I've seen in Jkt and what's more not pretentious or expensive. Don't miss the fish cakes, they're great too. I don't think any actual Thai people work there but hey, they're nice staff anyway.

Moderator:  NetCop