Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39148 - 22 Dec 06 03:55 Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD)
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
CHIEFTAINS TABLE
Jl. Benda No 12A, Kemang (Just next to the NZ school)
021 788 36680
chieftans-table@cbn.net.id

There I was having a good trip down memory lane with Bali Bob. As we chatted about our Christmas experiences and plans for this year, talk soon turned to food and I got a little home sick thinking how this year I would not be able to sit down on boxing day and have my mums scotch eggs. Something I look forward to every year.

Imagine the smile on my face when Bob mentioned a place not 5 minutes from my office that sold home made scotch eggs!! Within 2 minutes of receiving the address I was in the car and driving like a mad man with a hunger like you wouldnít believe. Now I donít know if it was the talk of Christmas, cold winters and family but all I wanted at this point in time was some good British Grub! (Now this is where the rest of the world comments that British food is the worst in the world but I donít care). As far as I am concerned simple food, done very well just the way your mum cooked it can never be beaten!

For anybody that is British, Half British or knows the delight of a pint of ale in an old smoke filled pub you MUST go to Chieftans Table. For everybody else Ö do yourself a favor and try it too! The restaurant has only been open for a few weeks but the owner has been producing these British treats that appear on his menu for a catering business he ran from home. The time spent perfecting the tastes is reflected in the flavor of the food he produces.

The menu is very simple, just the way it should be. I will attach a copy of the menu but you will find Pies, Pasties, Lorne Sausages, Fish and Chips, Sausage Rolls, Forfar Bridie, Bangers and Mash, Black Pudding ... just typing this is making me hungry again!

Even better news is they deliver! So after I enjoyed a Scotch egg and Lorne sausage in a roll yesterday I am now waiting on Fish and Chips to be delivered today! The chips are real chips (NOT FROZEN) and I am promised they are the best Fish and Chips available anywhere in Indonesia.

Pass me the pickled egg ... my lunch has just arrived!

Attachments
343-Flyer.jpg

#39193 - 22 Dec 06 08:07 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Ummmm, what is a Scotch Egg?

#39195 - 22 Dec 06 08:11 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Piss Salon]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Scotch egg = yummy!!!!!

they talk about English food being bland. In fact it is awash with old regional delicacies. Peas Pudding, black pudding, oat cakes, Scotch Eggs etc.....

#39198 - 22 Dec 06 08:25 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Polar Bear]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Sounds yummy and the price is very allright..

#39208 - 22 Dec 06 09:48 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Shesca]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sounds foul Shezza and one would imagine not good for one's figure.

Scotch Egg: A hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated with bread crumbs, and deep-fried.

And black pudding isn't even English, or British.

Black pudding: A French black sausage made of pork and seasoned pig's blood. Also called boudin noir.

#39211 - 22 Dec 06 09:56 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Piss Salon]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Wow, I didnt know that!!!
But still sounds yummy smile
And Im fat, so a kilo or two extra wont make such a difference smile

#39212 - 22 Dec 06 10:32 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Shesca]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Black pudding, blood sausage or blood pudding is a sausage made by cooking animal blood with meat, fat or other filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. In Great Britain, Australia, Ireland, Atlantic Canada, New Zealand and Guyana it is called black pudding.

The pudding is credited as first served in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis.

#39213 - 22 Dec 06 10:33 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Shesca]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Black pudding, blood sausage or blood pudding is a sausage made by cooking animal blood with meat, fat or other filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. In Great Britain, Australia, Ireland, Atlantic Canada, New Zealand and Guyana it is called black pudding.

The pudding is credited as first served in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis.

#39214 - 22 Dec 06 10:33 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Shesca]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You are not fat at all. You simply have ample bossom.

#39217 - 22 Dec 06 10:53 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Piss Salon]
Shesca Offline
Member*

errrr.. Ooohhhkkaayyy...
Thanks for being to the point.
Dont be fooled, it was padded bras smile Im only 30A....

#39222 - 22 Dec 06 11:28 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Shesca]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Question chewwy, You and Balibob? Lover?!grin

#39233 - 22 Dec 06 13:49 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Lulu]
Balibob Offline
Member**

Loc: Bali
Quoting: LuKukuLu

Lulu we are Lovers of GOOD British Food and thanx PB for putting Piss right on the Black Pudding another great Scottish Invention

Glad U liked the Cheftians Chewwy, I am sure he will do well

(George Bernard Shaw)

#39234 - 22 Dec 06 14:35 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Balibob]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

The Isle of Lewis? Sounds like a place British high school bookclubs gather for summer camp.

#39235 - 22 Dec 06 15:45 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Piss Salon]
Balibob Offline
Member**

Loc: Bali
well for sure u should aquaint with that piss as they are sheep shaggers there also,... your fore fathers mate

(George Bernard Shaw)

#39246 - 22 Dec 06 21:34 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Balibob]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: Balibob

Lulu we are Lovers of GOOD British Food and thanx PB for putting Piss right on the Black Pudding another great Scottish Invention

Yeah but you know that am the lovers of All food?! Why you didn't tell me about this? smile
Btw, need your food expert recommendation for an excellent steak restaurant for my mom's coming bday.

#39248 - 22 Dec 06 21:38 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Lulu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Why you didn't tell me about this?

its British food. you dont eat it with your hands, sitting cross legged on the floor. smile smile

Warning - Britain is a cold inhospitable place. to survive the winters you need a high calory intake. might be a bit too fatty for you Lulu.

on the other hand, the other diners might think you were just another course..... smile

#39250 - 22 Dec 06 21:47 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Piss Salon]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Piss Salon
The Isle of Lewis? Sounds like a place British high school bookclubs gather for summer camp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis

#39251 - 23 Dec 06 00:37 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: Polar Bear]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

For Good Steak place Lulu see the Nebraska Beef Grill Review .... Very good place!!

#39252 - 23 Dec 06 00:39 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Quick Update .......

Fish and Chips were as good as promised! Nice touch getting it wrapped up in newspaper! Loads of Vinigar lots of salt MMMmmmmmmm

#39294 - 23 Dec 06 07:56 Re: Restaurant Review - Chieftans Table (BRITISH FOOD) [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I am half Scottish, though I have never been there. 25% clan Cameron and 25% MacDonald. I am internally conflicted and sometimes punch myself in the face for no apparent reason. However, some of the tightness has been bred out of me and on occasion I am willing to buy at least half a round of drinks when it's my turn.

Moderator:  NetCop