Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38724 - 17 Dec 06 07:40 Favorite Funny Movies Quotes
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Just want you guys to share with me your favorite movies quotes.

Here is the first one that I like the most, from the movie Office Space:

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.

Sounds familiar ? Lol
This is one of my favorite movies, coz I think in all the office that Ive worked at, almost all characters are in the movie.

Edited by Shesca (17 Dec 06 07:41)

#39027 - 20 Dec 06 20:57 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Shesca]
Shesca Offline
Member*

No takers? Cmon I m sure you all have ONE!!!!!

#39028 - 20 Dec 06 21:56 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Shesca]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
all time favourite funny movie quote?

"nice beaver."

#39029 - 20 Dec 06 22:04 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: KuKuKaChu]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
all time favourite funny movie quote?

"nice beaver."

i guess you had to be there ...

#39030 - 20 Dec 06 22:23 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Diyu Offline
Member+++

Loc: new zealand
leslie Neilson and Pricilla Prestly in naked gun, Toungue in cheeck

#39031 - 20 Dec 06 22:31 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Diyu]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
"haha Look at this country! U R Gay?? hahahaa! (whilst checking Uruguay on the globe)"

#39035 - 21 Dec 06 00:36 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Choc_Cow]
sloopy Offline
Member+

Loc: very bad part of town
nick's son: "If you wanna easy job, working for the red cross"
movie: thank you for smoking

#39041 - 21 Dec 06 04:02 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: sloopy]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Mary Poppins:

"I want some hard anal Fucking from a chimney sweep"

#39044 - 21 Dec 06 06:13 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Polar Bear]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
Sorry, you really cannot go past Groucho Marx for lines :

"I really am a horse doctor. But marry me, and I'll never look at another horse" Dr Hackenbush in Day at the Races

"Calling All Nations! Calling All Nations! This is Rufus T. Firefly, coming to you through the courtesy of the Enemy. We're in a mess, folks, we're in a mess! Rush to Freedonia! 3 men and 1 woman are trapped in a building - send help at once! If you can't send help, send 2 more women! Make it 3 more women!" .....from Duck Soup.

#40055 - 07 Jan 07 06:27 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: No Eye Dear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

I just remembered this one, from the movie Health inspector:

"After lunch today, he told me there was a brown snake playing peecaboo with his butt hole"

Ok that's red neck humor, but I like it!

#40122 - 08 Jan 07 18:04 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Orang Kanada]
0101 Offline
Member+

Loc: jakarta selatan
i've searched for "office space" dvd (bajakan) lately but no luck... did you buy it recently shesca?

from chasing amy
Alyssa: How bad could it have been?
Holden: Put it this way: have you ever heard a nun call an eight year-old boy a fucking cunt rag?

#40128 - 08 Jan 07 22:35 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: 0101]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

"Jakarta, shit. I'm still only in Jakarta. Every time I think I'm going to wake up back in Blok M. When I was home after my first visit,
it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing...

I hardly said a word to my wife until I said yes to a divorce.
When I was here I wanted to be there. When I was there, all I
could think of was getting back into Blok M.

I've been here a week now. Waiting for an ayam, getting
softer. Every minute I stay in this room I get weaker. And every minute
Dili squats in the bush he gets stronger.
Each time I look around the walls move in a little tighter.

Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted an ayam, and for my sins
they gave me one. Brought her up to me like room service. "

(anyone guess the movie...?)

#40210 - 09 Jan 07 12:31 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: 0101]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: 0101
i've searched for "office space" dvd (bajakan) lately but no luck... did you buy it recently shesca?

from chasing amy
Alyssa: How bad could it have been?
Holden: Put it this way: have you ever heard a nun call an eight year-old boy a fucking cunt rag?

Nope, I didnt buy one recently, 101.I watched it for the first time while back, on my first job. My coworker then, sitting next to me, Brian, who is probably the funniest guy I've ever met in my life, gave me this list of MUST SEE American Movies. Office Space was one of them and I loved it. The other two he recommended which I found to be very good to watch were Sling Blade (Billy Bob Thornton was BRILLIANT there)and Caddy Shack(very funny). I doubt they will be available in Indo especially the pirated version of them, especially because they are older movies.

#40302 - 10 Jan 07 09:34 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Shesca]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (R. Lee Ermey): I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be sir. Do you maggots understand that?

Recruits: Sir, yes sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair.

Recruits: SIR, YES SIR!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Recruits: Sir, yes sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit I can't hear you.

Recruits: SIR, YES SIR!

#40303 - 10 Jan 07 09:35 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister.

#40304 - 10 Jan 07 09:36 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Tonight, you pukes will sleep with your rifles. You will give your rifle a girl's name, because this is the only pussy you people are going to get. Your days of finger-banging ol' Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her pretty pink panties are over! You're married to this piece. This weapon of iron and wood. And you will be faithful!

#40305 - 10 Jan 07 09:39 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Also from same film: Full Metal Jacket.

Colonel: We are here to help the Vietnamese because inside every gook, there is an American trying to get out.

#40306 - 10 Jan 07 09:49 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Pvt. Eightball: What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

#40307 - 10 Jan 07 09:57 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

My all-time personal fave is "The In-Laws" (1979) with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin.

Arkin's Character (Sidney): "There's red tape... er... in the Bush?!?!?"
Falk's Character: "... Sid you wouldn't believe how much red tape there is in the bush.."

#40308 - 10 Jan 07 10:00 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

And the best for last:

Joker, somewhat tounge in cheek: "I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them."

#40309 - 10 Jan 07 10:09 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Polar Bear
"Jakarta, shit. I'm still only in Jakarta. Every time I think I'm going to wake up back in Blok M. When I was home after my first visit,
it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing...

I hardly said a word to my wife until I said yes to a divorce.
When I was here I wanted to be there. When I was there, all I
could think of was getting back into Blok M.

I've been here a week now. Waiting for an ayam, getting
softer. Every minute I stay in this room I get weaker. And every minute
Dili squats in the bush he gets stronger.
Each time I look around the walls move in a little tighter.

Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted an ayam, and for my sins
they gave me one. Brought her up to me like room service. "

(anyone guess the movie...?)

Holy Moly, that's easy. Captain Willard (marty sheen) in the opening scene of Apocalypse Now right after the Helicopter drops napalm and Jimmy Morrison is singing "the end", except you substituted Jakarta for "Saigon"

#40320 - 10 Jan 07 14:12 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Corny film overall but has some of the best scenes ever shot, in my lowly opinion of course.

What film and which renowned actor?

Hooah!

#40321 - 10 Jan 07 14:22 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

If you don't know it you can read on, if you want to of course.

Trask: Mr. Sims, I will give you one final opportunity to speak up.

Slade: Mr. Sims doesn't want it. He doesn't need to labeled: "Still worthy of being a 'Baird Man.'" What the hell is that? What is your motto here? "Boys, inform on your classmates, save your hide" -- anything short of that we're gonna burn you at the stake? Well, gentlemen, when the shit hits the fan some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Charlie facing the fire; and there's George hidin' in big Daddy's pocket. And what are you doin'? You're gonna reward George and destroy Charlie.

Trask: Are you finished, Mr. Slade?

Slade: No, I'm just gettin' warmed up. I don't know who went to this place, William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryan, William Tell -- whoever. Their spirit is dead -- if they ever had one -- it's gone. You're building a rat ship here. A vessel for sea goin' snitches. And if you think your preparing these minnows for manhood you better think again. Because I say you are killing the very spirit this institution proclaims it instills! What a sham. What kind of a show are you guys puttin' on here today. I mean, the only class in this act is sittin' next to me. And I'm here to tell ya this boy's soul is intact. It's non-negotiable. You know how I know? Someone here -- and I'm not gonna say who -- offered to buy it. Only Charlie here wasn't sellin'.

Trask: Sir, you are out of order!

Slade: Outta order? I'll show you outta order! You don't know what outta order is, Mr. Trask! I'd show you but I'm too old; I'm too tired; I'm too fuckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a FLAME-THROWER to this place! Outta order. Who the hell you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit; there is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sendin' this splendid foot-soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say you are executin' his SOUL!! And why?! Because he's not a Baird man! Baird men, ya hurt this boy, you're going to be Baird Bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, FUCK YOU too!

Mr. Trask: Stand down, Mr. Slade!

Slade: I'm not finished! As I came in here, I heard those words, "cradle of leadership." Well, when the bow breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here; it has fallen. Makers of men; creators of leaders; be careful what kind of leaders you're producin' here. I don't know if Charlie's silence here today is right or wrong. I'm not a judge or jury. But I can tell you this: he won't sell anybody out to buy his future!! And that, my friends, is called integrity! That's called courage! Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of. Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle -- that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey. You hold this boy's future in your hands, committee. It's a valuable future. Believe me. Don't destroy it! Protect it. Embrace it. It's gonna make ya proud one day -- I promise you.

#40332 - 10 Jan 07 23:48 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Pacino is Slade in "Scent of a Woman"

#40373 - 11 Jan 07 07:06 Re: Favorite Funny Movies Quotes [Re: Orang Kanada]
sloopy Offline
Member+

Loc: very bad part of town
I just remember this one too... from Austin Power movie, "Gold Member"

Dr. Evil: All right, it's getting crowded in here. Everyone out. Everyone out. C'mon.
[Everyone starts to leave]
Dr. Evil: Not you, Scottie. Not you, Number 2. Not you, Frau. Not you, Goldmember. Not you, guys back there. Not you, henchman holding wrench. Not you, henchman arbitrarily turning knobs, making it seem like you're doing something.
[Scott and Dr. Evil look at Mini Me]
Dr. Evil: Ohh, this is uncomfortable.
Goldmember: Heheheh, the tiny one can't take a hint, Heheheheh. He doesn't understand he's small.

uhmm not funny?!?!

Edited by snoopy (11 Jan 07 07:08)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop