Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38488 - 14 Dec 06 03:03 Unemployment Solution #1
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta

A NEW AND EXCITING WAY TO LOWER UNEMPLOYMENT

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A suicide bomber targeting laborers killed 71 people Tuesday in Baghdad and wounded 220, Iraqi officials said.

A pickup truck loaded with about 440 pounds of explosives pulled into central Baghdad's Tayaran Square as hundreds of unemployed Iraqis holding picks and shovels gathered seeking a day's work.

The truck driver signaled that he had jobs -- prompting people to crowd around the pickup before he detonated his bomb, said an Iraqi Interior Ministry official.

"They were poor laborers looking for work," a witness told Reuters. "The poor are supposed to be protected by the government."

The rest of the story: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/12/iraq.main/index.html

#38490 - 14 Dec 06 03:07 Re: Unemployment Solution #1 [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

This is an interesting varaiation on Hilters "step into the showers" philosophy.

I cna see it being expanded to unemployment offices all over the world. You could bomb every dole office in Sydney and most tax payers would be cheering.....

#38495 - 14 Dec 06 03:25 Re: Unemployment Solution #1 [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
These suicide bombers, however, need to work on their efficiency, specifically in the area of targeting for maximum lethal effect. They left 220 of these deadbeats wounded, meaning taxpayers will have to foot the hospital bills.

#38496 - 14 Dec 06 03:29 Re: Unemployment Solution #1 [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ahhhh.....

Just bomb the hospitials!!!

#38502 - 14 Dec 06 03:55 Re: Unemployment Solution #1 [Re: Polar Bear]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
if you parked a car outside a dole office in australia and tried to entice punters with offers off work you can guarentee that the bomber would be blowing himself up and no one else

Edited by julian (14 Dec 06 03:57)

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop