Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37798 - 05 Dec 06 04:54 Ahmad vs. Maia
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
I saw on TV this morning Dewa 19's guitar player/songwriter/producer Ahmad Dhani talking about his family life. For those who don't know, he's married to Ratu's keyboard player/songwriter Maia.

I don't know for how long they're together, but before becoming a star, Maia was a house wife, taking care of their 3 childs. But now she's a star, constantly on tour and working, so M. Dhani deceided to go on TV complain about his wife, how she became such a bad wife and mother. What an asshole!

So tell me pals, is he jealous of Ratu's success while his own band is on the way down or it's just typically Indo-muslim thought that a married woman should stay home and take care of the kids? Because I know if my girl-friend (or wife) is successful, I'll be happy for her and more, proud of her! She will have my support with the house hold and the kids, if kids we have! I'm just blown away... is he an ass or just a regular Indonesian men?

#37799 - 05 Dec 06 04:59 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
jok Offline
Member**

ya! Definately he is an ASSHOLE!!

#37801 - 05 Dec 06 05:20 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Magda Offline
Member+

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
Exactly the others reason b'coz he doesn't get any his sex needs regularly... mad, another thing to blow up the Dewa to be more famous can be also, as Ratu more famaous than Dewa and than others band groups eithers... Dewa members consist too Old guys.. cry

#37802 - 05 Dec 06 05:24 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: jok]
Shesca Offline
Member*

I didnt see the interview, so can't really comment on what he said. Danny Ahmad is known as an extreme control freak, but a genius at the same time. He lost several band members in the past due to his conduct, however he still managed to keep Dewa as one of the most prominent group in Indonesia. About his jealousy to Ratu band, I kinda doubt that he is feeling that way since Ratu's popularity although is at their peak at this moment, is still peanut in comparison to legendary Dewa. I guess if he did make that comment, he probably saw it from a husband point of view. And I think this kinda jealousy also occurs in the western countries. I had some friends in the past whose marriage ended because the wives were more succesfull than them. Quite unfortunate, but that's the reality of life...

#37803 - 05 Dec 06 06:35 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Shesca]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
I saw that also in the morning before I come to the office..

yeah, whatever..I go with Dhani wink as husband he has a right to do or say something to his wife..
they're 10 years together wih 3 cute kids..
Maia was ardinary house wife and of course a very good mom.. I know her wink
but when she become popolar, she look like forget everything, forget her responsbility and obligation as a mom and wife..
can you see the performance of her she always try to make performance like young girls..

whatever, I go with you Dhani..if you already divorce mybe you need me as the next mom for your kids, laugh yay no worries about the responsebility and the obligation, I know what I have to do; you want me to attack you in the morning, attack you in the midnight, tea in the morning, tea before bobo.. wink wink grin

i do'nt need a house in menteng or Pondok Indah, also don't need 3 cars with drivers..I just need aloooooootttttts of money..so, I can buy everything what ever I want laugh

#37804 - 05 Dec 06 06:53 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Shesca, it's always a pleasure to read your comments on music matter... you have such a good eye (or should I say ear) for that.

I agree on this: Dewa is a legendary band. But legends comes from the past, Ratu is the present and the future. I know you really like Dewa's last album (and I do to) but there's no serious hits on it... the only thing that keep Dewa going is their status, people want to see and hear them 'coz they're Dewa, not because of their last no.1 hit...

And a genius... geez, his no Sting! Come on...

And Jokie, Ahmad is the man behind Ratu. He is the one who make them look young. There's a reason why; the public is young, they have to be able to identify themselves to their idol...

And the problem I have is this: the celebrities around the world try their best to protect their private lives, from the paparazzis, tablo´ds, etc... But no need for that in Indonesia! The guy go himself on TV to talk about his matrimonial problems!!! What a moron!

If Maia have to cut on her family responsabilities, it's for the good of her career. And it's not suppose to be a problem if she have a husband who support her...

#37805 - 05 Dec 06 07:17 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

ok, you better become a reporter for infotaiment media wink

#37806 - 05 Dec 06 07:23 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Orang Kanada
Shesca, it's always a pleasure to read your comments on music matter... you have such a good eye (or should I say ear)

She has pretty good legs, and her tits are fantastic..... smile

#37807 - 05 Dec 06 07:44 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Polar Bear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Quoting: Polar Bear
Shesca, it's always a pleasure to read your comments on music matter... you have such a good eye (or should I say ear)

She has pretty good legs, and her tits are fantastic..... smile

ishhhh... I trust you on that one... better not look by myself.

#37808 - 05 Dec 06 08:00 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I can send you the photos ... smile

#37819 - 05 Dec 06 09:48 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Polar Bear]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Speaking as one who has both had a chance to view first hand and taste the aforementioned mammalian protuberences I plead the fifth!

#37823 - 05 Dec 06 22:33 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Dilli]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Shit... there was a following to this story this morning on RCTI and I miss it!!! All I know is Maia's lawer was speaking about I don't know what exactly... Somebody saw that? What happenned?

#37825 - 05 Dec 06 22:41 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Most Indonesian husband are male chauvinist pigs; but going public complaining about their wives?! Well they are the smelliest nastiest arse-holes!

#37831 - 05 Dec 06 23:13 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Dilli]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Dilli
Speaking as one who has both had a chance to view first hand and taste the aforementioned mammalian protuberences I plead the fifth!

Yes Shesca said you were slobbering all over her....

She also said you still over her the money........

smile

#37838 - 05 Dec 06 23:48 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Shesca, it's always a pleasure to read your comments on music matter... you have such a good eye (or should I say ear) for that.

I agree on this: Dewa is a legendary band. But legends comes from the past, Ratu is the present and the future. I know you really like Dewa's last album (and I do to) but there's no serious hits on it... the only thing that keep Dewa going is their status, people want to see and hear them 'coz they're Dewa, not because of their last no.1 hit...

And a genius... geez, his no Sting! Come on...

And Jokie, Ahmad is the man behind Ratu. He is the one who make them look young. There's a reason why; the public is young, they have to be able to identify themselves to their idol...

And the problem I have is this: the celebrities around the world try their best to protect their private lives, from the paparazzis, tablo´ds, etc... But no need for that in Indonesia! The guy go himself on TV to talk about his matrimonial problems!!! What a moron!

If Maia have to cut on her family responsabilities, it's for the good of her career. And it's not suppose to be a problem if she have a husband who support her...

OK: thanks. I was a much better popular world watcher before Hayden. But I'd 1000x rather watch my little one grows than following the showbiz development smile

I dont agree about your opinion regarding Ahmad Dhani's genius. He's no Sting, I know that for sure. But it takes a genius like himself or somebody like Madonna to make people remember them and still listen to their music.

#37839 - 05 Dec 06 23:53 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: Dilli

Dilli: how many times do I have to tell you. The boobs you were playing with in Satu Lagi belongs to a beatiful transvestite called Siesca. NOT MINE!!!

#37842 - 06 Dec 06 00:08 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Shesca]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Maybe the two pimples on your ass confused him (both sag down to the same level.....

#37846 - 06 Dec 06 00:38 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Polar Bear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Ahh, Shesca, I'm so glad you replied... I think you're mistaken genius and popular! It's one thing to be remembered, I mean, everybody remember Bruce Springsteen but is he a genius? No, just at the top long enough to be called "the boss" with a couple of hits... What is Dewa's biggest hit ever? Separuh nafas? Can we compare that to Fragile, or even Englisman In New York? Come on...

He's probably the most influant musician in Indonesia, and that mean a lot, but it's not a reason to call him a genius, sorry...

#37847 - 06 Dec 06 00:44 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

To change the mood a little
Ive been posing down the pub
On seeing my reflection
Im looking slightly rough
I fancy this, I fancy that
I wanna be so flash
I give a little muscle
And I spend a little cash
But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash
And by the time Im sober
Ive forgotten what Ive had
And evrybody tells me that its cool to be a Polar Bear
Cool for Bears

#37849 - 06 Dec 06 00:52 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Polar Bear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Do you want me to put a melody on that, PB?

#37851 - 06 Dec 06 00:57 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Squeeze did, and i just found it in my collection.

Sat here, and suddenly it was the Hammersmith Palais, London,

#37879 - 06 Dec 06 03:44 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Shit... there was a following to this story this morning on RCTI and I miss it!!! All I know is Maia's lawer was speaking about I don't know what exactly... Somebody saw that? What happenned?

ok, suka nge-gossip ya yay

#37919 - 06 Dec 06 11:26 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Orang Kanada]
Asterix Offline

Loc: any where
Quoting: Ela_K
ya! Definately he is an ASSHOLE!!
I saw on TV this morning Dewa 19's guitar player/songwriter/producer Ahmad Dhani talking about his family life. For those who don't know, he's married to Ratu's keyboard player/songwriter Maia.

I don't know for how long they're together, but before becoming a star, Maia was a house wife, taking care of their 3 childs. But now she's a star, constantly on tour and working, so M. Dhani deceided to go on TV complain about his wife, how she became such a bad wife and mother. What an asshole!

So tell me pals, is he jealous of Ratu's success while his own band is on the way down or it's just typically Indo-muslim thought that a married woman should stay home and take care of the kids? Because I know if my girl-friend (or wife) is successful, I'll be happy for her and more, proud of her! She will have my support with the house hold and the kids, if kids we have! I'm just blown away... is he an ass or just a regular Indonesian men?

Ahmad Dhani is a manly husband. A man who likes his wife working & leaving her children is an unmanly husband. And a wife who prefers working outside to taking care of her children is a loser. The both are the persons who are uhmmm…

Habibie’s wife was a home wife who just took care of her children. She just had activities outside after her children grew up to SMP. So did Bush’s wife (out of politic business, of course). And.. you can look at them with their recent children..

Edited by Viola (06 Dec 06 11:29)

#37920 - 06 Dec 06 11:43 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Shesca]
Hola Hop Offline

Quoting: Shesca
I didnt see the interview, so can't really comment on what he said. Danny Ahmad is known as an extreme control freak, but a genius at the same time. He lost several band members in the past due to his conduct, however he still managed to keep Dewa as one of the most prominent group in Indonesia. About his jealousy to Ratu band, I kinda doubt that he is feeling that way since Ratu's popularity although is at their peak at this moment, is still peanut in comparison to legendary Dewa. I guess if he did make that comment, he probably saw it from a husband point of view. And I think this kinda jealousy also occurs in the western countries. I had some friends in the past whose marriage ended because the wives were more succesfull than them. Quite unfortunate, but that's the reality of life...

Quoting: Shesca

Children are the future happiness & pride of a family. Giving them a good upbring and no letting them grew up with only outsider (e.g just with a home servant) is the same with investing for the future... for the ‘hakiki’/true happiness of a family in the future.

So, if a husband and wife would rather give up their children to outsider, then they are stupid.

Edited by Kurniawan (06 Dec 06 11:46)

#37921 - 06 Dec 06 11:57 Re: Ahmad vs. Maia [Re: Hola Hop]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Not manly? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

What you call not manly is called modern in my culture.

You realize that right now, you are telling I'm not manly and my girlfriend is a loser! HAHAHAHA... It's the first time in my life somebody tell me I'm not manly!!! That's funny...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  NetCop