Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37617 - 02 Dec 06 13:00 Review - Nebraska Beef Grill
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Nebraska Beef Grill

I cant take the credit for this little gem of a place I have to give credit to Shesca who said for me to try it out. It is located very close to Hotel Gran Mahakam hotel (if you are standing outside Gran Mahakam go to the right and around the corner and there it is). The interior of the place is modern and very comfortable. In fact I would go as far to say perfect for filling your belly with great tasting red meat! They do have a piano and singer which usually puts me off but in all honesty it wasnít the type of music that drowns out any chance of a conversation and even I found it pleasant.

As you would expect the menu is filled with lots of choices for the meat lover. A lot of choices in cuts of steak as well as giving you the option of deciding between steak from USA and Australia. If you are a lamb lover you will be happy here too as there was many choices of Australian lamb available. All meat comes with the extras (mash, chips, baked potato, salad, grilled veg, steamed veg Ė you get the idea!). I plumped for a good Ozy tenderloin which tasted GREAT!! My partner went for sirloin which also looked very good before she emptied half a bottle of chili source over it !!!!!

Given that itís a steak restaurant and a very nice one at that I expected to get killed on the bill but I have to say that the prices were not that bad and I think if you are looking for a great steak in a nice restaurant then this place is value for money. Donít get me wrong its not a cheap eat but for import steak with all the trimmings you are looking at around Rp.145.000

So thanks for the tip Shesca --- my belly thanks you!!

The pic below is of main restaurant however there are comfortable sofas and chairs as well !!

Edited by chewwyUK (02 Dec 06 13:13)

#41108 - 18 Jan 07 12:22 Re: Review - Nebraska Beef Grill [Re: chewwyUK]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Had a dinner tonight with my parents. It was excellent!
Next time I crave for a good steak...i will go there for sure.
Thanks to Shesca and Chewwy, i get another favorite eating place.

#41111 - 18 Jan 07 12:52 Re: Review - Nebraska Beef Grill [Re: Lulu]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
Okie Dokie Dech!

#47263 - 11 Mar 07 22:25 Re: Review - Nebraska Beef Grill [Re: doremi]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Anyone know the address to this place?

#47264 - 11 Mar 07 22:34 Re: Review - Nebraska Beef Grill [Re: doremi]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
It is located very close to Hotel Gran Mahakam hotel (if you are standing outside Gran Mahakam go to the right and around the corner and there it is).

Moderator:  NetCop