Jittlada Restaurant

Jl. Sultan Agung 10, Jakarta 12980,
Ph: 62 21 829 6126

www.jittlada.com

A few people had said to me that I should try this Thai restaurant so I decided to give it a try. My friend and I were greeted with a nice warm welcome and plenty of smiles on entering the restaurant which was a good start to the night.

The interior of the restaurant is modern with a couple of nice water features inside which give a nice relaxed feel to what is otherwise a fairly formal restaurant. My only complaint about the interior is that a restaurant which is marketing itself as “an up market dining experience” really shouldn’t have a dirty great hole in the ceiling!! However I am guessing that this is just some sort of temporary situation which they fix the AC or something.

After being seated we were presented with the menu and while the wine menu is limited the selection is good and if the wine I was drinking was anything to go by perfectly matched to go with Thai food. The menu has a wide selection of choices and we went for papaya salad, Pad Thai, red curry duck with cherry Tomatoes and Lychee and prawn cakes. All were excellent but my personal favorite was the red curry which was “right the fuck on” as my cousin would say. The total price for the meal and a bottle of wine was 480,000 inclusive of tax and service.

Throughout the meal the service was very good with my wine glass never going dry. The service complimented the excellent food which leaves me asking one question. Why the hell was there only 3 other tables of people in the restaurant?
[font:Arial][/font]