Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37560 - 02 Dec 06 02:17 eBay!
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
God I miss eBay!

Sometimes it sucks to be in Indonesia... not so long ago, I was an eBay addict, logging many times a day to browse in the musical instruments, in search of a fine guitar. But something like 2 years ago, there's been a big scam; people (pretending to be?) from Indonesia bought instruments without paying it. Ok, you have to be a sucker to sell something without using paypal, but the damage is done. Nobody wanna sell a guitar to a guy in Indonesia...

Of course, I can buy anyway with my canadian account and make it deliver to my partner there, but how to deliver here? The most secure way cost 700$ for a single guitar! (with a 3 000$ insurance covering...) geez...

So the passion is gone... use this time to log on JakChat instead...

#37561 - 02 Dec 06 02:25 Re: eBay! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

OK - There is a FANTASTIC second hand guitar shop near me..... I can take some pix and email them to you. some incredible stuff....

#37562 - 02 Dec 06 02:26 Re: eBay! [Re: Orang Kanada]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i receive on average one enquiry a week from people overseas -- usually in the US or Europe -- asking whether an indonesian electronics web site is legitimate or not. in 100% of cases, they are frauds. they all use very similar modus operandi. some are suspected to be operated by nigerians resident in Indonesia.

#37565 - 02 Dec 06 02:36 Re: eBay! [Re: Polar Bear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: Polar Bear
OK - There is a FANTASTIC second hand guitar shop near me..... I can take some pix and email them to you. some incredible stuff....

If it's writtin' Gibson on it, I may be interested. Shoot and email, pal!

#37605 - 02 Dec 06 05:25 Re: eBay! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

He has about 200 guitars, all sorts some crap, some ok, some bloody amazing from the early 60s

You have to tel me what you are looking for. i will pop in and write down a lost, plus photos.

typical Fender Les Bass....

Moderator:  NetCop