Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37383 - 29 Nov 06 10:41 Humor, or lack thereof
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
On another thread we got way off topic and started debating different types of humor, or humour...

Anyway, Here is Mitch Hedberg the recently departed stoner comic (For most of these one-liners you gotta imagine this really stoned, long-haired hippie speaking like a pot-head in the mold of Spicoli [early Sean Penn] in the cult film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High")

These lights are pretty bright, kinda makes me wanna grow weed again.
Mitch Hedberg

Sometimes I fall asleep at night with my clothes on. I'm going to have all my clothes made out of blankets.
Mitch Hedberg

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Mitch Hedberg

Y'know, you can't please all the people all the time... and last night, all those people were at my show.
Mitch Hedberg

People teach their dogs to sit; it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky.
Mitch Hedberg

Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Mitch Hedberg

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Mitch Hedberg

My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real hero?
Mitch Hedberg

Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus, or just a really cool Opotamus?
Mitch Hedberg

If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable.
Mitch Hedberg

If you can convince an American that they are in Canada, you can get more money for a magazine.
Mitch Hedberg

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later.
Mitch Hedberg

I'm a heroine addict. I need to have sex with women who have saved someone's life.
Mitch Hedberg

I'd like to get four people who do cart wheels very good, and make a cart.
Mitch Hedberg

I would imagine that if you could understand Morse code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy.
Mitch Hedberg

I used to play in a Death Metal band. People either loved us or they hated us... or they just thought we were "okay."
Mitch Hedberg

I used to do drugs...... I still do, but I used to, too.
Mitch Hedberg

I type at one hundred and one words a minute. But it's in my own language.
Mitch Hedberg

I saw a human pyramid once. It was very unnecessary.
Mitch Hedberg

I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time.

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.
Mitch Hedberg

I did comedy for a fundraiser once. We were trying to raise money to buy one of those machines that shows how much money has been raised.
Mitch Hedberg

I bought a seven-dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring.
Mitch Hedberg

I bought myself a parrot. The parrot talked. But it did not say, "I'm hungry,"... so it died.
Mitch Hedberg

I saw a wino; he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude - you have to wait!"
Mitch Hedberg

#37407 - 29 Nov 06 18:47 Re: Humor, or lack thereof [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

sounds remarkably like cheech and chong.

For those that dont know:

"Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong were a comedy duo who found a wide audience in the 1970s and 1980s for their stand-up routines, which were based upon the era's hippie, free love and especially drug culture movements. Cheech played a cholo from Los Angeles, while Chong was a burned-out "druggie" whose entire life revolved around getting high."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheech_and_Chong

Incidentally, I always thought Absolutely Fabulous was a rip off of C&C....

#37408 - 29 Nov 06 18:57 Re: Humor, or lack thereof [Re: Polar Bear]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Up in Smoke was probably one of the funniest films I ever saw!

#37604 - 02 Dec 06 05:19 Re: Humor, or lack thereof [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Surely you would have to have Bad News II ahead of Up in Smoke.

Who can look past 'Warriors of Genghis Kahn' (buring, looting raping and a shooting ... the blood won't wash away), or:

"Beer makes me happy,
vodka makes me mean,
I'm a heavy metal, drinking, driving alcohol machine."

Life of Brian of course also.

Moderator:  NetCop