Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37355 - 29 Nov 06 07:50 Asshole revolutionaries
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I went to the movie tonight, with a raving left wing acquaintance. Funny how opposites attract. We saw “catch a fire”, a drama about terrorism in Apartheid-era South Africa, revolving around a policeman and a young man who carries out solo attacks against the regime.

It was a nice piece of political indoctrination. My left wing friend loved it.

I came away pissed off.

Democracy is a luxury. Democracy came to Rhodesia, democracy threw out the minority ruling whites. Democracy then reduced the country from being the richest country in Africa into the poorest, in just 25 years. Life expectancy for a black in Rhodesia, now called Zimbabwe, has fallen in those 25 years from 60 down to 30. So, now the blacks are in control, but most are dead….. And in a final irony (hope you read this Ricc, even if just to understand the word) democracy destroyed democracy. In 25 years Rhodesia moved from one bunch of despot rules to another. Robert Mugabe, elected Prime Minister in 1980, revised the constitution in 1987 to make himself President. The elections of 1990 were nationally and internationally condemned as being rigged. But Mugabe is black, so the loony toon left looks the other way. Had he been white they would have protested in the street.

Meanwhile South Africa rapidly moved the same way. Johannesburg is now more violent that Bagdad – its murder rate is actually higher than Iraq!

So what really pissed me off?

In the movie, the terrorists were lead by Cuban “revolutionaries”. These assholes, just like the other assholes who cause trouble all over the world, now live back in Cuba. They leave behind wrecked economies and dead bodies. Black and white. Then they fuck off home.

So next time you meet a revolutionary, remember the fucker will slip off home when he has trashed your house and raped your daughter. He isn’t a revolutionary. He is just a fucking asshole.

#37413 - 29 Nov 06 19:43 Re: Asshole revolutionaries [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Incidentally, I know a South African Jew who is proud to say that he voted to end apartheid in the 1992 referendum. He moved to Australia in 1996.

Does anyone recognise the irony of this guy, voting to end his countries system, then pissing off to Australia…….

Next he will hand Australia to the aborigines, and move to New Zealand…..

Edited by Polar Bear (29 Nov 06 19:43)

Moderator:  NetCop