Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37186 - 28 Nov 06 02:29 Luang Prabang any1?
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
Hi all,

Have anyone of you been to Luang Prabang, Laos? If yes, could you please recommend me some good hotels with reasonable price in that region?

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance wink

-bonita-

Edited by bonita (28 Nov 06 07:42)

#37191 - 28 Nov 06 03:22 Re: Luang Prabang any1? [Re: bonita]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: bonita
Hi all,

Have anyone of you have been to Luang Prabang? If yes, could you please recommend me some good hotels with reasonable price, please?

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance wink

-bonita-

luang Prabang??? what is that???

#37218 - 28 Nov 06 07:43 Re: Luang Prabang any1? [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Luang Prabang is a town in Laos, Jokie smile

#37223 - 28 Nov 06 07:57 Re: Luang Prabang any1? [Re: bonita]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta

Quoting: bonita
Luang Prabang is a town in Laos, Jokie smile

ohhhhhh

#37301 - 29 Nov 06 00:09 Re: Luang Prabang any1? [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
THis is a press release that went into the Nov. Edition of a magazine that I help out on...
-----------------------------------------------------

MAISON SOUVANNAPHOUM HOTEL in Luang Prabang LAOS

Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the inspired location of one of Asia’s loveliest boutique hotels, the heritage Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel by Colours of Angsana.

The hotel, a Condé Nast Traveler’s prestigious Hot List 2005 winner, stays true to its roots as the home of a former prince. Unique local activities include an exhibition of art by local artists, performances by a Laotian orchestra, the Baci Ceremony, and Buddhist blessings, in addition to sumptuous Laotian Christmas and New Year’s meals, all in the comforts of “home”.

From now until 30 April 2007, book online with the Luang Prabang Discovery rates from US$140++ per night. Enjoy daily breakfast for two persons and three-hour bicycle rental for two persons per stay, with a minimum of two nights’ stay.

Christmas and New Year Memories
Guests may take advantage of the year-end cool weather to enjoy the week-long festivities from 24 December 2006 to 1 January 2007.

Taking centre stage is Elephant Blanc, the hotel’s signature Laotian and Western restaurant where activities and meals will be staged in a breathtaking setting. A Laotian 5-course gala dinner on Christmas Eve culminates with a Baci Ceremony. Laotians hold Baci to celebrate significant occasions, involving, amongst other things the tying of three knots around one’s wrist, which is left on for three days. It bestows good luck and blessings on the person, in addition to honouring guardian spirits.

On Christmas Day, a Thai-style Dinner Buffet offers an exotic meal as a Laotian Orchestra and Laotian Dance Lesson commences in the central courtyard in the late evening.

The highlight is New Year’s Eve 5-course gala dinner, when invited Laotian artists organise an exhibition in the garden, and a Buddhist monk is on hand to give blessings for 2007. Lanterns will be launched at midnight to mark the arrival of the New Year, and guests who attach their wishes to the lanterns may find their dreams fulfilled.

Catering to Every Sense
A stay at the Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel would not be complete without a holistic Ayurvedic massage, drawing on the ancient wisdom of Indian techniques for balancing mind and body. The Angsana Spa within the hotel offers three elegant outdoor spa pavilions for treatments using fresh botanicals and the ancient art of aromatherapy. Special tours are available to take guests to the sacred mountains of Phu Si, the oldest temple of Wat Xieng Thong, and popular Pak Ou caves containing hundreds of images of Buddha.

Getting There
Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel is located just ten minutes from Luang Prabang International Airport. The direct flight from Bangkok to Luang Prabang takes two hours. Guests may also choose to take ground transport from Chiangmai to Luang Prabang, an approximate eight to ten hours’ drive depending on border crossing, or take a 12-hour sightseeing ride from the capital city Vientiane.

Reservations
Rates are subject to 10% service charge and 10% VAT. “Luang Prabang Discovery” package must be booked online at www.coloursofangsana.com. For enquiries, guests may contact Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel at +856 71 212 200, email reservations-maison@angsana.com, or Singapore Reservations Office at +65 6849 5788, email reservations@angsana.com. Guests may also visit www.coloursofangsana.com for other seasonal promotions.

#37328 - 29 Nov 06 02:05 Re: Luang Prabang any1? [Re: riccardo]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Thanks a lot, Ric smile

Moderator:  NetCop