Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36714 - 23 Nov 06 02:40 ANT/Jakarta International Java Jazz Fertival to resume
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Jakarta International Java Jazz Fertival to resume

Jakarta (Antara News) - Jakarta`s Jazz enthusiasts will have an opportunity to enjoy watching JakJazz Festival on November 24-26 the Senayan sports hall here and the Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival (JJF) 2007 on Maret 2-4, 2007, a statement said.

PT. Java Festival Production, the Java Jazz organizing committee has expressed readiness to organize the Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival (JJF) 2007 on March 2-4, 2007, a press release said.

The Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival is an annual jazz performance which made a debut two years ago, the press release said here on Tuesday.

The event with its vision "Bringing the World to Indonesia" will be supported by a large number of musicians from several other countries.

The upcoming Java Jazz will carry a vision "Bringing the World Together" with its main theme "Children Are the Future". The theme will promote the values of peace, mutual respect and understanding.

In Java Jazz 2007, there will a Japanese stage, the statement said, citing that Japanese musicians who are scheduled to come to the stage are Keiko Matsui, Yosuke Onuma, Sadao Watanabe, Akira Jimbo, Kimiko Itoh, Lisa Ono and Tetsuo Sakurai. (*)

#36825 - 24 Nov 06 02:33 Re: ANT/Jakarta International Java Jazz Fertival to resume [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Do you know what kind of price it will be for the admission ticket to the Jakjazz in november? 'Coz the last jazz event in Jakarta (Yellow jackets concert) was so expensive, me and my bule friends (bules are suppose to be rich, huh?) decided not to go. The Montreal jazz festival is less expensive then that, God damn it!

#36835 - 24 Nov 06 03:01 Re: ANT/Jakarta International Java Jazz Fertival to resume [Re: Orang Kanada]
xsbir Offline
Member+

Loc: The Big Durian
Check this for prices and events www.eventku.com/jakjazz-2006-jakarta-international-jazz-festival.html

Le Festival de Jazz de Montréal est le meilleur! All other Jazz festivals are second rate.

#36872 - 24 Nov 06 07:06 Re: ANT/Jakarta International Java Jazz Fertival to resume [Re: xsbir]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Thanks for tip, xsbir. I agree, FJM rules!

Hey, are you francophone or what?

#36873 - 24 Nov 06 07:08 Re: ANT/Jakarta International Java Jazz Fertival to resume [Re: Orang Kanada]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Wow, I just saw the prices... that's cheap!

#36887 - 24 Nov 06 13:31 Are you Francophone or what? [Re: Orang Kanada]
xsbir Offline
Member+

Wannabe Francophone maybe, mais j'aime le Québec. The mere mention of Québec or Montréal and I wonder how I could ever leave the place. Why did you?

#36889 - 24 Nov 06 14:30 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: xsbir]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Your french looks very good (that's why I'm asking, maybe not from Québec, but France, Belgium, Cameroon...) and you put the accent on the E of Montréal and Québec!

Why I left? It's true it's a wonderful place to be. But my job made me traveled and I developed a taste for adventure and see other cultures. Or must I say experience other cultures. And I found something I like in Indonesia, powerful enough to want to stay here.

But forced to admit, being at the foot of the Château Frontenac in the Old Québec, looking down on the fleuve St-Laurent is something special I will never find anywhere else in the world. If you ever been there, you understand. And what about La Crêperie Bretonne on St-Jean street... my favorite restaurant in the world...

#36908 - 24 Nov 06 23:20 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: Orang Kanada]
xsbir Offline
Member+

Je comprends, mon ami. Je connais aussi bien cette Creperie-la (don't know how to do the other accents).

I started this particular journey there for two years in Québec and in Chicoutimi, teaching English. The journey eventually brought me here. I was attracted by the mysteries of Indonesian culture, and finally I married an Indonesian. The culture has perplexed me ever since.

If you're going to the JakJazz Festival, I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say about it. Unfortunately, I can't go.

#36909 - 24 Nov 06 23:22 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: xsbir]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
If you are going to the Jazz Festival, take an umbrella!

#36928 - 25 Nov 06 02:19 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: xsbir]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Quoting: xsbir
Je comprends, mon ami. Je connais aussi bien cette Creperie-la (don't know how to do the other accents).

Wanna good trick? Copy and paste mine! ä â à ê ë é è î ï ô ö ç

#36929 - 25 Nov 06 02:20 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: Orang Kanada]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

And why not those: Ä Â À Ê Ë É È Î Ï Ô Ö Ç

#36993 - 25 Nov 06 04:15 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: Orang Kanada]
xsbir Offline
Member+

oké, i figured it out. ça fait longtemps que je n'ai pas écrit en français. accent grave: è; circonflex: ê; la cedille: ç; accent aigu: é. C'est tout en français, n'est-ce pas?

#36994 - 25 Nov 06 04:22 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: xsbir]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Exactement! (but you forgot the accent aigu sur cédille wink )

You want something cool? Go on www.wordreference.com whitch is an online dictionary. You can download a tool bar english to french or french to english for immediate translations. When the cursor is over any word, it gives you an instant translation in a tiny window appearing by the cursor. Way too cool!!!

#36995 - 25 Nov 06 04:36 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: Orang Kanada]
xsbir Offline
Member+

Thanks for the tips. C'est l'accent aigu que j'ai souvent oublié. I'll check out that toolbar.

#36996 - 25 Nov 06 04:52 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: xsbir]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
äççênts suçk!!

#36997 - 25 Nov 06 05:01 Re: Are you Francophone or what? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

You can be such a moron sometimes kuku... but in a way, you're right!!!

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop