Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36525 - 21 Nov 06 20:22 Bono the STUPID, ARROGANT, SELFISH fool!!!!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Bono the U2 singer is currently in Australia.

In true rock star tradition he has made certain demands. This time it isn’t the colour of the sheets in his room –

– He demanded the Australia give more foreign aid.
– He demanded that Australia wipe out its loans to Indonesia
– He demanded an audience with the Prime Minister

Now young Bono, who’s real name is Paul Hewson, isn’t really qualified to lecture in economics. He is a singer. End of story. What he knows about economics I can tattoo on a cats arse.

He isn’t Australian either. But he seems to think he can turn up here and give orders.

Even worse, - his isn’t that much of a philanthropist. He is happy to give away Australian workers money – but get this: He transferred his Music rights business from Ireland to theNetherlands in 2006 – to AVOID PAYING TAX!!!!!

This guy who is insisting I spend more tax on aid, doesn’t pay tax himself!!!!! What an ASSHOLE!!!

His suggestion of Australia writing off Indonesia’s debts demonstrates his lack of knowledge of economics. If that happens, Indonesias credit rating falls through the floor and it is incapable of further borrowing to support development.

ARROGANT, SELFISH and STUPID man!!!!

#36540 - 21 Nov 06 23:55 Re: Bono the STUPID, ARROGANT, SELFISH fool!!!! [Re: Polar Bear]
xsbir Offline
Member+

Loc: The Big Durian
Quoting: Polar Bear

Now young Bono, who�s real name is Paul Hewson, isn�t really qualified to lecture in economics. He is a singer. End of story. What he knows about economics I can tattoo on a cats arse.

His suggestion of Australia writing off Indonesia�s debts demonstrates his lack of knowledge of economics. If that happens, Indonesias credit rating falls through the floor and it is incapable of further borrowing to support development.

ARROGANT, SELFISH and STUPID man!!!!

But he appeals to the lowest common denominator-your average Joe Voter, who also doesn't understand economics. Or the precedent that debt relief sets. The deadbeat nations of the world start borrowing again with a clean slate, and the next generation coming begging again for debt relief after squandering what we "lent" them. I agree: Bono, stick to singing.

#36589 - 22 Nov 06 02:54 Re: Bono the STUPID, ARROGANT, SELFISH fool!!!! [Re: xsbir]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
bono is a cunt ... sorry for the language but as soon as that prick found leather pants he was never the same. He talks about the poor while flying around in his private jet ... if he is that serious then stop the music and run a charity -- give your money

#36591 - 22 Nov 06 03:18 Re: Bono the STUPID, ARROGANT, SELFISH fool!!!! [Re: chewwyUK]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Exactly. I am glad you share my feelings for the asshole....

#36608 - 22 Nov 06 06:02 Re: Bono the STUPID, ARROGANT, SELFISH fool!!!! [Re: Polar Bear]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
Is Bob Geldof Bono's brother ?

I hear Bono was actually in Australia signing the adoption papers so as he can finally have custody of Peter Garrett.

The 3 family members will form a truly peace loving band full of spirit, love, harmony, tranquility, male sex bonding and lots and lots of legendary Celine Dion songs....the Band will be called Peter, Paul and someone that looks like Mary. I think this name is way better than WE3....

#36629 - 22 Nov 06 07:35 Re: Bono the STUPID, ARROGANT, SELFISH fool!!!! [Re: No Eye Dear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Bono is just a superstar who try to make something good using his status... of course his limited knowledge can make him propose silly solutions on complicated problems! I think what he need is a serious advisors. 'Coz call him arrogant if you want, he do have the power to call a meeting with any minister or president and try to make things moves. He just don't have what it takes to be taken seriously, I agree on that!

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop