Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36413 - 20 Nov 06 06:19 Prevalent paedophilia ??????
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

On flight into Jakarta I sat night to an Irish woman. She quizzed me long and hard on why I was in Jakarta. Why exactly I worked there. Eventually she told me she worked for the UN child sex investigation department. She quoted me some figures, sadly now forgotten, that indicated that an alarming number of Westerners are in Indonesia for child sex reasons. She told me that most, even when caught, simply bribe their way out of investigations. He job was to persuade the police to act.

Below is a news report from today’s newspaper. Some English language teacher finally got caught….

So – come on guys, how prevalent is it?????????????

An Australian teacher will tomorrow face an Indonesian court on child sex allegations which could land him in prison for 20 years.

Peter William Smith, 48, will face South Jakarta District Court for the first time charged over the alleged abuse of six street children in Jakarta.

Prosecutors will allege they found several handycam tapes in Smith's south Jakarta house that show footage of different boys committing sexual acts.

The Jakarta provincial prosecutor, Bayu Pramesti, said Smith would face a single charge under the Child Protection Law.

"I will only charge him with (a) single charge of sexual assault against children," Pramesti said.

Under the law, anyone found guilty of forcing or persuading a child to commit a sexual act, or allowing such an act to happen, could face a maximum 15 years imprisonment, and $42,000 fine.

Pramesti said he had attached an article from the criminal law code that could add an extra one third of the maximum penalty to the charge, as Smith was alleged to have repeated the crime.

Smith was employed as an English teacher for the Indonesia Australia Language Foundation in Jakarta when he was arrested on August 5.

Tomorrow, a four-page indictment alleging Smith's criminal activity since 2003 will be presented to the court, in what is expected to be a closed hearing.

The Jakarta Centre for Street Children is expected to demonstrate outside tomorrow's trial, and has called for compensation and rehabilitation for child victims of abuse.

Centre coordinator Andri Cahyadi said there were many more children who may have been exploited over the period, from 2003.

#36415 - 20 Nov 06 06:36 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

For more of the story (and other men involved) go to:

http://www.kabar-irian.com/pipermail/kabar-indonesia/2006-October/005516.html

#36419 - 20 Nov 06 11:39 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Polar Bear]
Patung Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia
I worked with two australians once who were long term here and i was pretty sure they were paedophiles. I rang the australian embassy, got through to someone who I think was Federal Police liason officer/something like that, he talked to me for a long time but in the end said unless someone, like a victim or their family, filed a complaint against then there was stuff all he could do.

#36423 - 20 Nov 06 12:47 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Patung]
Squirrel Offline
Member+

vigalante castration works ok.....

#36429 - 20 Nov 06 22:09 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Squirrel]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
indonesians don't seem to be as messed up about paedophilia as australians. from what i have seen in australian news reports recently, anti-paedophilia has reached hysterical proportions; almost fanatical.

australia is now having real problems recruiting male teachers into the schools. males generally it seems are keeping their distance from children in all social and work situations; even fathers are backing away for fear of accusation. this will have social consequences eventually.

yes, paedophilia is bad, everyone agrees. but i can't help but smell the deadening scent of western feminism in these recent witchhunts.

#36433 - 20 Nov 06 22:40 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

yes, paedophilia is bad, everyone agrees. but i can't help but smell the deadening scent of western feminism in these recent witchhunts.

very true kuku, any man who takes the innocence of a child should be slaughtered.

#36434 - 20 Nov 06 22:55 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Yes]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

One of the issues is where it stops and starts. A Police Chief in the UK has gone on record assaying men under 20 who have sex with girls over 13 should not go on the paedophile database. As he pointed out, half the schoolkids are having sex, or sufficient "heavy petting" (touching etc) to be on the register for life before they reach 16!!!!

On the other had I have seen guys in BKK with girls who were NOT 16 - and it was obvious what was going on.

I have a photo somewhere of a girl I met in MyBar Blok M - she was about 13-14, and offered all night sex for 300,000. I didnt take up her offer, but some other guy did.......

#36436 - 20 Nov 06 23:18 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Polar Bear]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I agree whole heartedly regarding the issues on underage sex. As a father with an 11 year old daughter who is just entering puberty, I know that it will not be long ( hopefully another 11 years) before her innocence will go.

The biggest problem in SE Asia is that because of their genes and physique, it is very difficult to differentiate between girls aged 14 through 21. I know this well as my step daughters (I have two) are aged 19 and 25. If I did not know better I would tag the youngest as beinmg about 13 and the older as being about 19.....difficult call on the age issue!

#36437 - 20 Nov 06 23:28 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Dilli]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Cant wait to meet your daughter smile

#36438 - 20 Nov 06 23:33 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Polar Bear]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Which one.....

#36439 - 20 Nov 06 23:48 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Dilli]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

All of them smile

#36445 - 21 Nov 06 01:01 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I have a friend here who does a lot of translation work for Int'l NGOs as well as some UN agencies like UNICEF and the sheer numbers in those reports are just mind-boggling. The amount of parents in Java who actually sell their kiddies to local mafia/preman groups (TNI-affiliated) is near 100,000/yr. The preman gangs then put 9-11 yr old virgin girls in secret brothels and "sell" their virginity to the highest bidder. The johns in these operations are always Asian men.

After they lose their virginity and start "growing" they are sold to other preman groups (Police-affiliated), who specialize in providing young ayam to girlie bars, sometimes special strip clubs in Kota, sometimes sleazy little local brothels in back alleys and sometimes in well-know tourist hangouts similar to Blok M.

These Police/TNI affiliated pimps/gangsters then take the young boys and place them on the street and tell the kids that the only way to make ends meet is to "befriend" bule men. Bule Pedos then are able to find what they "need" and the cycle continues. There is a regular supply, regular demand and it's a protected industry (by the Police and TNI). The kids are just the helpless commodity in this industry.

UNICEF should also focus on a campaign in the countryside not to sell kids to soldiers or preman types. They should also work with the TNI/Police Brass on stopping the mid-level officers who run these things. And English schools should never hire people with pedo convictions. UNICEF should put together their own pedo database, free-of-charge for English schools, if the police and govt authorities in Australia and Asia are unwilling to disclose those things.

#36446 - 21 Nov 06 01:39 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Or - castrate everyone found involved in the industry.
funny how once a guys nuts are in a vice they change opinions.....

#36450 - 21 Nov 06 02:11 Re: Prevalent paedophilia ?????? [Re: Yes]
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Quoting: julian
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

very true kuku, any man who takes the innocence of a child should be slaughtered.

Yes guys you're right....absolutely right....this CST (Child Sex Tourism) or Pedophil/rock spider.....such a huge fenomena this time frown but now 32 country in this world had a Law/Extrateritorial Law allowing their citizen/s who conduct crime which doing at foreign country without notice does violation can charge a punishment which where those crime belong nor happen or not.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

Moderator:  NetCop