Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36412 - 20 Nov 06 06:08 Makeup and Jihab????
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

This photo appeared in the newspaper today.

This is the mufti of Australia, with his daughter. She quite rightly wears her jihab, so that she does not tempt any man. Her father has made comments that women who do not cover their head deserve to be raped.

But look at her makeup…….

I know some girls on JakChat wear the Hijab.

Tell me, do you wear makeup. And do you find it incongruous to do so?

#36414 - 20 Nov 06 06:29 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Out of interest :

— Qur'an , 24:27-31:

They should not reveal their ornaments to anyone save their husbands or their fathers or their husbands’ fathers or their sons or their husbands’ sons or their brothers or their brothers’ sons or their sisters’ sons or other women of acquaintance or their slaves or the subservient male servants who are not attracted to women or children who have no awareness of the hidden aspects of women.

#36545 - 22 Nov 06 00:09 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Polar Bear]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
What I really find amusing is I am getting a new found fetish for wanting to have sex with a woman that wears a Jihab. The girls that wander around Balikpapan wear the tightest jeans and t-shirts that accentuates their figures, you know, I am talking from breasts down absolutely hot...then they wear the jihab. It is kind of weird but nevertheless, I must admit, Jihabs always make a woman's arse so much more attractive and desirable.

#36547 - 22 Nov 06 00:24 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: No Eye Dear]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: No Eye Dear
....Jihabs always make a woman's arse so much more attractive and desirable.

Now we know that Jihab is probably is just a fashion trick, to redirect attention from less attractive part?! Such as the use for vertical stripe pattern etcgrin

#36553 - 22 Nov 06 01:19 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Lulu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Lulu
Quoting: No Eye Dear
....Jihabs always make a woman's arse so much more attractive and desirable.

Now we know that Jihab is probably is just a fashion trick, to redirect attention from less attractive part?! Such as the use for vertical stripe pattern etcgrin

In the West we just drink more, and turn the lights out smile

#36643 - 22 Nov 06 09:05 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Polar Bear]
VAD Offline
Member+

Loc: Malang
Before meeting my husband, I ever thought that men in west dislike women whom wear their jihab to cover their head. Boring and not sexy at all.

There might be a westerner who wants his wives to keep their jihab. But I think it's just for his status as a good man (just to build the image instead) in front of people, to cover the fact about how he is in his marriage/household.

But recently I know that not all westerners men are the way. Apparently there is a westener man who really wants his wife to keep her jihab cause of respecting her and wanting to take care of her. And my husband is one of them. He wants me to keep my jihab on my head when go outside even if we live in a place where moslems are minority..

Edited by Martha (22 Nov 06 09:07)

#36647 - 22 Nov 06 09:27 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: VAD]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I think most westerners didnt mind the Jihab, and still dont mind.

I DO MIND Muslim men who go to beaches just to look at topless non Muslim women.

I DO MIND Muslim men who go to bars and touch nom Mulsim women on the leg, ass and boobs.

Last week I saw a very cute girl in a VERY short skirt being hassled outside a Sydney bar by a group of Arabic men. They started out shouting "come with us honey, come and have a drink with us". When the girl ignored them they started shouting "You fucking Aussie Slut" etc

I believe Mulsim men should leave non Mulsim people alone. totally.

Or maybe we non Muslims should start abusing Islamic girls in jihabs.......

#36648 - 22 Nov 06 09:30 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: VAD]
Mayori Offline

Loc: Yogyakarta
I never thought the way too.

Well, you have tobe grateful for getting a good caucasian as your husband. You are lucky, Martha.

#36661 - 22 Nov 06 11:33 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: VAD]
Mayori Offline

Loc: Yogyakarta
Quoting: Martha
Before meeting my husband, I ever thought that men in west dislike women whom wear their jihab to cover their head. Boring and not sexy at all.

There might be a westerner who wants his wives to keep their jihab. But I think it's just for his status as a good man (just to build the image instead) in front of people, to cover the fact about how he is in his marriage/household.

But recently I know that not all westerners men are the way. Apparently there is a westener man who really wants his wife to keep her jihab cause of respecting her and wanting to take care of her. And my husband is one of them. He wants me to keep my jihab on my head when go outside even if we live in a place where moslems are minority..

You must have been sad when thought that westerners don't like women who wear jihab. I know you were sad because you felt getting no hope for a caucasian husband as you like caucasian more than asian while you wear jihab smile

#36693 - 22 Nov 06 22:39 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Mayori]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
I am going to be a little controversial here and say that I sometimes believe women hide behind the jihab and mulsim attire because of their sheer unattractiveness. If I look around the typical mall and see the amount of dumpy fat very very unattractive muslim dressed woman that can simply use this attire thing to hide it...or try.

What is really funny is that the mulsim attire is to ward off male attention.....IF these women were actually naked you would find men screaming and running in the opposite direction ....... probably jumping off cliffs and out of high rise buildings to get away from them.

With the dumpy fat unattractiveness, comes the sense that possibly the jihab has some sort of reflective nature that prevents anything associated with "intelligence" to enter the head area, namely the brain region, in or out, whereby the ability to get on an escalator in less than 2 1/2 minutes of negotiating when to take the first step is virtually impossible...It allows groups of Muslim women to stand in thoroughfares and talk then get upset at you for disturbing them when trying to get past.....The jihab causes Muslim mothers to perform this unique requirement to buy their toddlers those squeaking noise making shoes and parade such toddlers around malls.....at the supermarket check out, wearing a jihab allows them the opportunity to wait till at least 1 minute after the total has been displayed, a review of how many bags have been filled, then the 10-15 minute ordeal of getting the purse out and continually reviewing the displayed amount (some sort of short term memory thing) to get the exact amount of money out of their purses...which they find they don't have and then we go through the getting the change, counting it and putting it in its proper place in the wallet before moving on.....lastly the jihab does restrict female drivers from using any gear higher than 2nd and to stay within the teachings of Allah, one must always ensure that the vehicle is positioned in the centre of 2 lanes...

I think I have lived here too long as I actually believe the jihab has a profound effect on intelligence.

#36702 - 22 Nov 06 23:57 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: No Eye Dear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I object on security grounds to the use of the full veil, and think you should have the right to request the removal of the Jihab in 1 on 1 meetings.

#40077 - 08 Jan 07 09:24 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Gurumeister Offline
Member+

No eye dear, you need to lighten up a little, you may find some of those women whom wear Hijab are actually quite nice, well educated and may be able to teach you a thing or two.

Polar Bear, I agree with you to a certain extent but if the woman dosent want to show her face to an unrelated male, why force her? there are plenty of female security gaurds, avalible at most places where security is a "real" Issue, and I think if she's covering her face she wont be too excited to have 1 on 1 meetings with an unrelated male anyway:P

No offence intended.

#40080 - 08 Jan 07 09:59 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Gurumeister]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
for me about women wearing jihab or not, make up or without make up, use sexy dress or not, or whatever. the more important things is deep inside good heart, positive thinking about each other and never make problems with anyone.
peace!
cheers.

#40081 - 08 Jan 07 10:05 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: dolphin]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: coklat
for me about women wearing jihab or not, make up or without make up, use sexy dress or not, or whatever. the more important things is deep inside good heart, positive thinking about each other and never make problems with anyone.
peace!
cheers.

This is very true Coklat...... smile

Good girls are hard to find these days....

#40086 - 08 Jan 07 10:33 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Polar Bear]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Polar bear, thankyou for agree.
cheers.

#40119 - 08 Jan 07 15:40 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: dolphin]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
No , No , No - when entering a foreign country - the security of that country must be respected - take it off , or piss off - simple , if you don't like it , stay in you own ivory tower.

As for the bullshit about a jilbab making a "Good girl" ?
please - really please . Maybe muslim men cannot be trusted to respect a woman and her wishes , but some of us can -
There are tarts everywhere wearing a jilbab in the day , and nothing at night .

Perhaps by wearing your Jilbab you state that you cannot trust men ?

What crap - what complete crap - piss off to Saudi and play this game - many men have enough dignity and respect to look at a woman , and declare her beautiful without ripping her trollies off - perhaps she needs protection from the enemy within though .

This thread is like asking a wolf if he prefers rabbit or pheasant - the pheasant is best , but the rabbit is easier to eat - which one is it then ? explain to me who in this thread had respect for the Jilbab - despite your grovellings , I don't think you have done your homework coklat....

both holy books refer to bearing "false witness" - you wear the veil to be a good girl , or to look like a good girl ?
One assumes that there will be an attraction of man to woman - after having seen some without the veil - this is definitely vanity - yet another sin .

Edited by James Hanratty (08 Jan 07 15:48)

#40120 - 08 Jan 07 15:59 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: VAD]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Martha

And I don't know where your husband comes from , but I pity his opressive attitude - perhaps he cannot trust you to behave with some dignity ? or maybe you cannot trust yourself to walk the street without prostituting yourself ?
I don't know , you tell me -
You imply that kafirs are more likely to commit acts of indecency than muslims - tell me , who , in the modern world is more likely to invade you ? a kafir or a "believer" ? you think long and hard about your reply .

#40137 - 09 Jan 07 01:00 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Gurumeister Offline
Member+

Wow James, do you speak like this outside the web as well?

Statistics show that Indonesia is over 80% Muslim and they were not forced to be by an army or the dutch:P

So to tell them to "piss off back to saudi" is not only rude - but an ignorant comment to make, as how many of them have been to Saudi Arabia, in the first place?

Anyway, I don't really know why I'm taking the time to reply to you James, because you seem like the type that dosen't change overnight; Who talks about "respecting women" and then calls them "tarts" in the same sentence anyway?

Open your mind James.

Regards,

Gurumiester

#40275 - 10 Jan 07 01:59 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Gurumeister]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

May I suggest you read , then reread the comments -
Do you feel that the Jilbab is a symbol of modesty , or a sign that men can't be trusted ?
Do you think that a muslim woman should be allowed to wear a jilbab when passing through for example the Australian immigration and security system ?

Do you think a veil signifies purity ?

Do you know - when I live in Indo - I respect the customs of Indonesia - I don't kiss my wife , we rarely hold hands in public - and I don't think it is too much to ask for a guest entering my country to do the same - and I say it again - If you don't like it in my country and don't feel able to integrate - then piss off -

If a BA check in clerk has to remove a cross at work , then let us not have the jilbabs too .

#40279 - 10 Jan 07 03:08 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

This thread is like asking a wolf if he prefers rabbit or pheasant - the pheasant is best , but the rabbit is easier to eat - which one is it then ? explain to me who in this thread had respect for the Jilbab - despite your grovellings , I don't think you have done your homework coklat....

ooo ooo ooo. please deh james, you like it or not like it about women wearing jihab. is up to them, as long they not make fucking problem with you. this world, every people free can do anything what they wanna do as long as positive.

#40281 - 10 Jan 07 03:32 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: dolphin]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

The question that I actually asked in the first post was:

“Tell me, do you wear makeup. And do you find it incongruous to do so?”

I was referring to the photo of the Mufti of Australia wearing the Jihab but also wearing eye shadow.

So – do any girls here wear makeup with a Jihab, and if so, do you find it incongruous?

It is not an attack on the Jihad, or upon wearing makeup with a jihab. Just a simple fact finding question.

#40464 - 12 Jan 07 09:24 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Gurumeister Offline
Member+

""I was referring to the photo of the Mufti of Australia wearing the Jihab but also wearing eye shadow.""

Muahaha

I think you mean "his daughter":P

#40467 - 12 Jan 07 09:56 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Gurumeister]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
wearing a jihab it's an obligation for Moeslem women...I really know that! but what kind of a jihab? a jihab for covering the head or a jihab for covering the heart and soul?

#40468 - 12 Jan 07 10:00 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Jokie,

Islam does not require the heart & soul to be covered! If the jihab is worn its only to cover the head to "remove temptation" from others.

I personally think its a turn on being naked in bed and the girl still wants to wear her jihab! Nothing is really being covered and I am severely tempted.....

#40479 - 12 Jan 07 20:12 Re: Makeup and Jihab???? [Re: Dilli]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Dilli
Islam does not require the heart & soul to be covered! If the jihab is worn its only to cover the head to "remove temptation" from others.

So why wear makeup???

Everyone has hair, but not everyone deliberately applies colour to their face to attract men.

Is it just “going through the motions” of being Islamic? In which case who gives a shit if they are told to remove the bloody thing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop