Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36394 - 20 Nov 06 02:04 Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules????
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

In the spirit of the “old” Jackchat, when things were more fun and less political (and traffic jam photos were few and far between) – I give you anew topic for light hearted discussion:

Why do so many Indonesian girls like Bule?

Is it the money? Because many Indonesian men could out buy any JKT bule on a credit card…. Most bules in jKT do ok, but they aren’t rich by any means.

Is it the potential for overseas travel? The lure of a green card? Permanent residency? A new passport?

Or is it white skin and blue eyes?

Or is DG right – is it height? (I know some pretty tall Indonesian guys….)

Is it the world-ness of well travelled men? (Many Indonesian girls say Indonesian men are not broad minded enough…. Does that mean they wont accept non virgins???)

So – girls, why do you (or why don’t you) like bules……..????????

Answers please……

#36395 - 20 Nov 06 02:11 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
indonesia girls who like western bule males like them because:
  • bules are more interesting to talk to than indonesian guys. indonesian guys can tend to be boring and up themselves. bules who happen to live in indonesia are also far more educated.
  • bules are less repressed than indonesian guys.
  • bules are exotic with lots of interesting stories from far away places.
  • bules tend to treat women with more respect than indonesian guys.
  • bules are open about what they want. no sulky guessing games that indonesian males often play.

that'll do for starters smile

so, you indonesian guys out there: am i right, or am i right?? stand up and be counted!

#36398 - 20 Nov 06 03:17 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
VAD Offline
Member+

Loc: Malang
The right answer might be:

1.white skin, height and blue eyes.
2.more interesting to talk to than indonesian guys. indonesian guys can tend to be boring and up themselves. (about bule being far more educated, not either. depends of which bules you see)
3.exotic with lots of interesting stories from far away places. any person from the diferrent other race always look more charming than your fellow race, right?
4.open about what they want. no sulky guessing games that indonesian males often play.

The other point (#2 & #4) from Kukukachu seems not the true reasonings.

Edited by MD.Chavdia (20 Nov 06 03:38)

#36399 - 20 Nov 06 03:32 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
VAD Offline
Member+

Loc: Malang
Quoting: Polar Bear
In the spirit of the ?old? Jackchat, when things were more fun and less political (and traffic jam photos were few and far between) ? I give you anew topic for light hearted discussion:

Why do so many Indonesian girls like Bule?

Is it the money? Because many Indonesian men could out buy any JKT bule on a credit card?. Most bules in jKT do ok, but they aren?t rich by any means.

Is it the potential for overseas travel? The lure of a green card? Permanent residency? A new passport?

Or is it white skin and blue eyes?

Or is DG right ? is it height? (I know some pretty tall Indonesian guys?.)

Is it the world-ness of well travelled men? (Many Indonesian girls say Indonesian men are not broad minded enough?. Does that mean they wont accept non virgins???)

So ? girls, why do you (or why don?t you) like bules??..????????

Answers please??

Is it the money...? I don't think so. For mostly women, usually money is just a compensation. If you can make her feel very good, far away from the bad feelings (of being betrayed, neglected or any bad thing else) then don't worry because she must be willing to help your household finance.

Edited by MD.Chavdia (20 Nov 06 03:37)

#36401 - 20 Nov 06 05:06 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
[list]
[*] bules are more interesting to talk to than indonesian guys. indonesian guys can tend to be boring and up themselves. bules who happen to live in indonesia are also far more educated.

Hmmmmmmm

To be honest Kuku (and not wishing to cause offence here) most bules I meet in JKT are uneducated pisspots with fake CVs, court cases, bail hearings, alimony judgements, ex wives, gangsta contracts, paedophile convictions and failed careers behind them. smile

#36402 - 20 Nov 06 05:06 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

[list]
[*] bules are more interesting to talk to than indonesian guys. indonesian guys can tend to be boring and up themselves. bules who happen to live in indonesia are also far more educated.

Hmmmmmmm

To be honest Kuku (and not wishing to cause offence here) most bules I meet in JKT are uneducated pisspots with fake CVs, court cases, bail hearings, alimony judgements, ex wives, gangsta contracts, paedophile convictions and failed careers behind them. smile

#36403 - 20 Nov 06 05:08 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Eg - conversation in any bar in Indonesia:

“Hello Meesta, you very hansom meesta. What you do meesta.”

“Im oil man.”

“I want marry you meesta”!

#36405 - 20 Nov 06 05:21 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Pooh Bah

[list]

Hmmmmmmm

well, you should get out more, shouldn't you? wink

#36406 - 20 Nov 06 05:25 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
1. i think it's about status (us being colonised for so long by the dutch probably have a deep impact). Alot of girls think bules are cool accesories to add to their status. Eyes look her way if she walk with a bule & if she marry one, people probably will treat her with more respect.

2. The chance of starting a new life in a new country, and if you're lucky the chance to travel round the world.

3. Lots of girls think bules are more romantic & open to their feeling (Blame Hollywood)

4. Partially agrees with Kuku on point no.2 (indo men being up themselves, especially if they've got money...)

5.Best of all, getting a bule means reducing your chance of getting in-laws from hell (the controlling ones, the nosy ones, the i'm forever his Mommy ones... etc)

#36407 - 20 Nov 06 05:34 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Choc_Cow]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Err has anyone mentioned 'memperbaiki keturunan' yet?

Given the choice to mary an old, poor,ugly asian OR an old, poor,ugly bule, a girl proly will choose the later. At least she still can hope her baby will come out looking like sophia Latjuba & earn her alot of money in the future.. laugh he he he

#36408 - 20 Nov 06 05:34 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

[list]

Hmmmmmmm

Possibly - or possibly I should stay at home a bit more. smile

Next time I visit lets go to a few bars and do some "in depth investigation" of the pissed up crowd of bules leaning on the bar. I bet dinner that I can find you one CV fraud, one bail jumper and one alimony avoider within each bar..... smile smile smile

Oh - and one Bule with a sock pushed down his trousers smile smile smile

#36409 - 20 Nov 06 05:47 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Pooh Bah

Possibly - or possibly I should stay at home a bit more. smile

Next time I visit lets go to a few bars and do some "in depth investigation" of the pissed up crowd of bules leaning on the bar. I bet dinner that I can find you one CV fraud, one bail jumper and one alimony avoider within each bar..... smile smile smile

what more can i say? i rest my case! wink

"getting out" should not be equated to going to a bar!! smile

#36410 - 20 Nov 06 05:55 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I opened todays newspapaper - here is why one bule was in jakarta:

"An Australian teacher will tomorrow face an Indonesian court on child sex allegations which could land him in prison for 20 years".

Article moved to new thread for the guys to chat about!

But from an earlier report on WHY Smith was in Jakarta...

PETER Smith left Australia in 1999 after being convicted in 1994 of molesting Aboriginal pupils in a remote Northern Territory school. On release he changed his name, received a new passport and came to Indonesia, where he was employed as a teacher by the IALF. The head of the Jakarta police investigation into Smith, Major Murnila, says Smith admitted in questioning to having had 50 child victims.

#36411 - 20 Nov 06 05:55 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

That is going off topic.......... (new thread started.....)

girls, i want your opinions and views on liking or disliking Bules!!!!

#36518 - 21 Nov 06 14:15 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
terranova Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
maybe at first time for a girl who like bule.. they only feel proud bcz they get what they dream one. it is like u dream of you have a big gift without you really know what inside is. ... and the adjustment time comes ( it is same if you have indo bf or chinese bf or latin bf or what races he will be )... it is the time you wont see if he is bule or no.. u just feel.. if the value match or no with you.. .. if he is bad (attitude).. even handsome bule (for a girl who like bule).... do u still want him? better u put "mel gibson, brad pitt, pierce brosnan etc.. u like" on ur wall... smile

if girl think bule is rich... (maybe here.. bcz of the currancy rupiah-dollars and low living cost here.. u can ask him to pay nanny, maid, driver). but you have to remember when you with him and living at his place.. you have to do all by yourself... (it will be different if you love him.. no matter u have maids or no, no matter you can live here or there... u still love him.. in good, bad or bed :))))

not bcz of his bule stuff.. bcz... bule is also human.. like asian.. like african... only the package different..

so if only look..
so if only race...
so if only status..
so if only money...
i guess it will be difficult to keep on going ( u really still see him as bule your favorite?)

if one bule is bad.. doesnt mean all bule bad
if one asian is nice .. doesnt mean all asian nice
human is human still
you can feel it..:)

so bule or not bule... important if u feel click with him, right?

ciao

#36519 - 21 Nov 06 15:01 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: terranova]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
You forget to ask further questions - is the attraction for Indo girls to bule males different to the attraction of say Thai or Vietnamese or Chinese girls ? if it is , then a little bit deduction will tell you the difference .

Do you really think that a high proportion of girls marry outside of their culture ? are the results of your survey somewhat skewed ?
Do you think that the proportion of gold diggers to the normal population is higher or lower in Indonesia compared to other asian nations .
Do you think that Indonesian males are more or less useless than other asian males ?

What interests me is whether a high proportion of these liasons and subsequent marriages are caused by an excess of Mansion House and heat , not forgetting that Java is a volcanic island with a thin covering of LBFM's - or would they happen to a normal expat - not the "Satu Bir Dingin Mas" variety that unfortunately populate Jakarta ?

I reckon you will find an equal proportion of bule frauds in Jakarta as say Bangkok ( ie 98%) - I have listened to it all before , tales of Mercs and big gaji , but a bit of snooping reveals the truth - for the mostpart they don't have a brass farthing to scratch their arses with .

Edited by James Hanratty (21 Nov 06 15:15)

#36520 - 21 Nov 06 15:03 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: terranova]
cherry-picker Offline

Loc: Jakarta
It's all a question of DNA, folks -- and this moves along instinctual pathways. Indonesian women want to improve their »species« by choosing more intelligent and focussed and successful etc. specimens of the human race ... at the outer level that will manifest as a desire to become impregnated by the supposedly »superior« white male ...

Here, of course, there is another pecking order of sorts alive ... generally Europeans and North-Americans are higher in the pecking order than Australians, say (a race of ex-convicts, after all, showing in the uncouth fibre of the culture ... reviled by most cultured Indonesians, etc. I have also not met one non-Aussie foreigner, say, who has not had something harsh to say about this nation of ex-convict swagmen ...).

But you can put it down to simpler summary: more money (presumably), higher standards (even if their own standards are low), a sense of ethics (presumably,even -- once again -- if ethics count for nought in their own life), all amounting to higher recognition by local Indonesians. Much the same reason why many prebumi Indonesians will work (and be underpaid and often abused) by Chinese-Indonesians (whom they, in turn, revile in other ways), but at least it gives them a "leg up" in the much-sought vanity stakes ... odd, that one!

But let's not worry too much about that ... although the majority of Indonesian males are patently unsuitable for a serious relationship for all the aforementioned reasons, and then some, most Indonesian girls, alas, are at the same level as they (are), except the lesser will always wish to rise to the higher (that is a natural process in life, especially when coupled with libidinous urges) ....

-------------------------------------------------------------
The name of the Republic »Côte d'Ivoire« is -- according to a decree of the President of 1.1.1986 -- not allowed to be translated. (»Ivory Coast« begot its name during colonial times according to the main item of trade: white and »black« ivory = slaves).

Edited by cherry-picker (21 Nov 06 15:08)

#36521 - 21 Nov 06 16:15 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: terranova]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
I reckon that Indonesian girls as human (noted terranova post), each one of them has their own characteristic, personality, background and perspectives despite their ethnicity as Asian and where they born (Indonesia).

Thus my answers would be not on what I think ("why Indonesian girls") but what me as -an Indonesian girl- feel, having a bule boyfriend and why I do like bule physically and mentally.

Physically, sexually and lifestyle:
1. I always attractted to a tall, brown hair and brown/hazzle eyes guy (not blond hair and blue eyes). Also I do like my bule bf getting tanned.
2. Getting beautiful and handsome children? Who doesn't want it?
3. Some of them seems to be able to keep their body fit, in shape and healthy even though they getting older. They go to gym, go jogging, do sport etc. Not all of them of course, but chances to find a man who still looks good in his late thirty/forty or even fifty years old are much greater on bule.
4. Most of westerner become sexual active far earlier than asian. Thus most of them are more skillfull and experienced in the art of seducing, romance and sex.
5. They tend to have more interesting lifestyle, more adventorous and not afraid to try something new or even to be different.

Mentality and personality: I generally agree with Kuku's points.

The most important thing for me is seems that I communicate better with bules, having interesting conversation and discussion rather with asian men. Well one of the BM call me as one argumentative bitchgrin
One of my friend asked me last time what is best part in a relationship, is it the sex? is it the romance? The answer for myself is the conversations, the mind sharings. Those are the most things that make me miss my dude and make me stay with him.
Bottom line is I don't think i would end up good if I choose asian man as my partner due to my characters and personalities (note the "argumentative bitch"-LOL)

Quoting: Chocolatea
1. i think it's about status (us being colonised for so long by the dutch probably have a deep impact). Alot of girls think bules are cool accesories to add to their status. Eyes look her way if she walk with a bule & if she marry one, people probably will treat her with more respect.

It's actually can a bit intimidating if I walk with my boyfriend overhere. Consider the usual people perspective "ayam with bule" and "bule with ayam" So what status? What kind of respect? What kind of recognition? Money grabbing ayam?! A retired ayam?:LOL:

2. The chance of starting a new life in a new country, and if you're lucky the chance to travel round the world.

Eh, I'd done it without having a bule bf?!grin

5.Best of all, getting a bule means reducing your chance of getting in-laws from hell (the controlling ones, the nosy ones, the i'm forever his Mommy ones... etc)

Not all true babe. I know some women (westerners and asians) having difficulties with their bule mother inlaws. I remember an episode from one of american tv series, inlaws should live in the radius where they still can go back home to their own place when they visit the grandchildren but still far enough for them to have daily visitgrin

(Many Indonesian girls say Indonesian men are not broad minded enough…. Does that mean they wont accept non virgins???)

LOL! I don't think virginity is still a big issue over here. Kuku is right Bear, you should go out moregrin

Quoting: Martha

Is it the money...? I don't think so. For mostly women, usually money is just a compensation. If you can make her feel very good, far away from the bad feelings (of being betrayed, neglected or any bad thing else) then don't worry because she must be willing to help your household finance.

Errr..let me think what things I've asked my bf to buy for me so far. Sexy lingeries and sex toys (for everytime he's away)grin

Ah yes, did I mention the chance to get a big sausage?!laugh

Edited by Lulu (21 Nov 06 16:19)

#36522 - 21 Nov 06 19:44 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Lulu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

DNA/Genetics/Breeding:
Improve the strain by cross breeding. Possibly a subconscious reason, although Asian genes are so strong they always dominate Caucasian. Sorry girls, your babies will have brown eyes and black hair no matter who you marry. smile smile

Money:
I suspect bules SPEND more, but in reality have less. In simple terms rich bules don’t go to ID. They go to St Tropez, Montserrat, Caymen Islands. They ride in Aston Martins, not silverbirds. They drink at Key Lago, not Satu Lagi. frown

If you want money go look at the rich ID guys. Especially the Chinese. One rich Chinese businessman in JKT is worth more than EVERY bule in the city. My ex GF was the former mistress of a rich ID Chinese businessman. He bought her a USD60,000 fur coat because she was cold in NY. smile

James is right – JKT, like BKK, is full of bule wannabes, who talk a lot about money and splash a few dollars around on Ayams. I don’t think any of them would/could spend USD60,000 to keep a girl warm.

Fitness:
well, 47% of UK men are overweight, 17% are obese. 74% of USA men are overweight, 30.5% are obese.

I couldn’t even find the stats for Indonesia, but trust me, Indonesian men don’t fit in the top 10 in the obesity stakes…..

Adventurous:
some of them are, although living in JKT doesn’t quite compare to climbing Everest.

Foreign citizenship:
It is hard for many people to gain citizenship of overseas countries. For many girls marrying is the only way. Even those girls in Sydney on Student or working holiday visas start conversations with “You Aussie yes?” – because if you are not, they don’t want a date!

Sausage size:
see a new topic of the same name!

Virginity:
I do get out a lot. I don’t spend my time drinking with a bunch of bules in the Highlander. smile

Outside the bule lover circle, back in the kampungs, virginity is still important. Which was my whole point Lulu – you are dating a bule, so virginity is not important to you. If you were looking for an ID husband it would be (to him) smile

#36530 - 21 Nov 06 22:18 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Lulu!! hey don't apply my theory on you, it doesn't count because you're an exception! smile wink

#36539 - 21 Nov 06 23:46 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Choc_Cow]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
There is no word in Bahasa Indonesian for FOREPLAY therefore it does not exist for the Indonesian male.....Head Job does exist and has not relationship to any word that does not exist (e.g. foreplay) plus it is their belief that it is impossible to give a girl a head job therefore reciprocation is impossible and it is totally an invention of sex that is male orientated as is every other action associated with their own satification.

Size also accounts for Indonesian Male's manhood and the length of time (size) it takes to complete the task....short is the word that does summarise both.

Plus Bules don't ask for change.

#36542 - 21 Nov 06 23:58 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: No Eye Dear]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Two minutes for me-this includes the post coital cigarette. (Its only me who needs to feel happy after all!)

#36544 - 22 Nov 06 00:07 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: No Eye Dear]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: No Eye Dear
There is no word in Bahasa Indonesian for FOREPLAY therefore it does not exist for the Indonesian male.....

that's not quite true ... indonesians use the word "perangsangan", which, in context, means stimulation, or "warming up".

nonetheless, i feel your generalisations about indonesian males are quite correct.

#36546 - 22 Nov 06 00:17 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Polar Bear]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Which was my whole point Lulu – you are dating a bule, so virginity is not important to you. If you were looking for an ID husband it would be (to him) smile

Lha iya bapak, I don't want to get ID husband! But many my Indonesian friend couples engage on premarital sex activities before they got married.

#36548 - 22 Nov 06 00:26 Re: Why do Indonesan girls like (or hate) bules???? [Re: Choc_Cow]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Lulu!! hey don't apply my theory on you, it doesn't count because you're an exception! smile wink

I know babe...I just making comments on behalf of my self and some girls who probably have same circumstances as mewink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  NetCop