Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36390 - 20 Nov 06 02:00 KERALA/Indonesian wives report husband to police for not working
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
From http://www.keralanext.com/news/?id=903211

Indonesian wives report husband to police for not working

INDONESIA - A husband in the Indonesian capital Jakarta was reported to the local authorities by his two wives for being lazy and refusing to work, local media reported Saturday.

Odita Rahman, 26, a jobless husband in Jakarta, was detained by North Jakarta city police after his wives Neli Simajuntak, 26, and Turaya, 31, reported that they were sick of their husband pretending to be sick to avoid working, local news provider Tempointeraktif reported.

I decided to pretend to be sick for a week because Im embarrassed for being jobless, Rahman was quoted by Tempointeraktif as saying. He reportedly confessed to investigators that he was mainly just lazy.

Rahman married his first wife Neli Simanjuntak three years ago and his second wife Turaya in the last six months. He has been jobless since and depending on his wives paychecks for his daily needs.

Rahman is charged under Indonesian marriage law and faces a maximum of five years in jail if found guilty in court. His case is very unique, north Jakarta police chief Sutikno was quoted by Tempointeraktif as saying.

Im very sorry that I have been lazy, Rahman said.

#36735 - 23 Nov 06 05:37 Re: KERALA/Indonesian wives report husband to police for not working [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
It is to be hoped that the rest of Indonesia doesn't follow the example - the gaols will stuffed .

Moderator:  NetCop