Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36353 - 19 Nov 06 05:44 Tabarnak!
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
A few people ask me lately how to swear in french... so ok, here's lesson 1:

There's the international french, understand in every francophone countries, an the swears are very simple:

merde (shit)
putain (bitch)
bordel (bordelo)

You can make a combination, like; "putain de bordel de merde!" (very popular expression)

But the french Canadians or 'Quebecois' are the world champions for swearing!... here's some local swears from my homeland:

criss
ostie
calisse
st-ciboire
calvaire
Jesus christ
and my favorite: tabarnak ...and many, many, many more!

I didn't put any translations, because it's simply all religious words used in vain... hehehe... tell a Quebecois "don't do this" and he'll do it! (I refer to the bible passage "you will say my name in vain"... for our Muslim friends who, maybe, don't know what I'm talking about)

You can also make combinations; "Tabarnak d'ostie de criss", "Ostie de calisse de st-ciboire", etc

And it also can be transformed in adjectives, verbs, etc...:

"Je vais t'en crisser une" ("I'm gonna punch you", 'crisser', from the word 'criss', replace the verb 'punch')

"Je m'en calisse" ("I don't (fucking) care", 'calisse' replace 'care' PLUS the 'fucking' intention added to it)

"C'est bon en tabarnak" ("It so good" 'tabarnak' is used as a adjective to say how good it is, we can say it replace the 'so')

Now imagine that: "St-ciboire de calvert! je pensais pas que t'allait calisser ton criss de char dans mon ostie de chemin!" ("Fuckin' shit! I'd never thought you'll (fucking) put your fucking car in my fucking way!" ...You know what's funny? This last sentence can seems to come out the mouth of a very angry guy, but it can be said in a very calm way, just like it's the natural way to talk...

That's why I say we are the swearing champions. Imagine the street talk of a big american city with guys saying 'fuck' at every 2 words, maybe 5 or 6 times in a same sentence... well it's the same for us, but we never use the same swear twice! French is really a rich language, hehehe... wink

Come on now, try to swear to me! swear

#36354 - 19 Nov 06 05:52 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

coq tete

#36355 - 19 Nov 06 05:57 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Polar Bear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Coq tete? Can explain it to me?

#36356 - 19 Nov 06 06:08 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
It is just such a shame that no one actually cares about the Kermits , and with due deferance to our Canadian visitors , it has to be said that canadians , particularly kermit-canadians are amongst the most boring people on earth - your post does seem somewhat to reinforce that statement .

World perception of the Kermits

#36357 - 19 Nov 06 06:15 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Driving through paris one morning I cut up some dopy Parisian. He opened his window and screamed "COQ TETE!!!!!"

It means Dick Head.......

#36517 - 21 Nov 06 14:12 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Quoting: James Hanratty
It is just such a shame that no one actually cares about the Kermits , and with due deferance to our Canadian visitors , it has to be said that canadians , particularly kermit-canadians are amongst the most boring people on earth - your post does seem somewhat to reinforce that statement .

Are you the kind of person who will drives in the Bronx yelling out loud "Niggers!!!" ?

Because that's exactly what you do calling me kermit or frog. You sir are a racist son of a bitch. If I have the chance to meet you one day, I will gladly kick your ass.

Btw, if my topic is boring, why did you take time to read it, but more surprisingly reply to it? Moron. upyours

#36527 - 21 Nov 06 22:05 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
what about encule?

(that's about the only swear word i know in french grin)

Edited by Chocolatea (21 Nov 06 22:06)

#36529 - 21 Nov 06 22:10 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Orang Kanada

Are you the kind of person who will drives in the Bronx yelling out loud "Niggers!!!" ?

Because that's exactly what you do calling me kermit or frog. You sir are a racist son of a bitch. If I have the chance to meet you one day, I will gladly kick your ass.

Btw, if my topic is boring, why did you take time to read it, but more surprisingly reply to it? Moron. upyours

Calm down Kanada!!!!

we all use racial terms. When I lived in France I was called "Roast Beef" because I was English. Now I live in Australia I am caled "Pommy Bastard". In JKT I am called "Bule". In the USA I am called "Limey"......

I often get called worse smile

#36565 - 22 Nov 06 02:15 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Polar Bear]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: Polar Bear

Calm down Kanada!!!!

we all use racial terms. When I lived in France I was called "Roast Beef" because I was English. Now I live in Australia I am caled "Pommy Bastard". In JKT I am called "Bule". In the USA I am called "Limey"......

yeah..yeah..the people in my island called me "great lady" coz I'm the one and only that keep fighting with the study smile
my friends called me "Lalat dan si tukang karet" coz I always coming late smile

my office mates called me "recok" coz I'm always being noisy in office smile

my class mates called me "Crazy and si Durty Talk", even I'm not crazy at all but I'm fine with that... wink

and my boss called me "hey sexy" coz I'm sexy laugh laugh laugh

#36572 - 22 Nov 06 02:44 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Polar Bear]
AriesRabbit Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta for Now
Quoting: Polar Bear

Calm down Kanada!!!!

yah, you are right..come to my country and you will be call "kwai lou" or mat salleh or orang putih or pashchimiya

#36574 - 22 Nov 06 02:47 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
AriesRabbit Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta for Now
Quoting: Jokie Jokie Girl

and my boss called me "hey sexy" coz I'm sexy laugh laugh laugh

u r sure...a sexy monkey swing and having bananasss!!!

#36618 - 22 Nov 06 06:44 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Last things first my little snail eating buddy - no you won't , if France is anything to go by , you will probably throw down your gun and run away . Not only that , but I have been dead 40 years - you stand no chance of finding my arse - I think it dropped off when they dug me up .

I'm not racist - I just don't like idiots - a post on swearing ? How intellectual - how soave - how boring .

I chose to reply , and reply again because you amuse me .

Why not try a post on successful javanese swearing , incorporating a module on Sundandese ?

#36621 - 22 Nov 06 06:58 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Snail eating buddy? You're not only a asshole, but an imbecile... I know you're a kind of sissy who will never have the guts to stand up in front of me, you prefer insult people hiding behind your computer screen. And I suppose your posts are smarter? You're just an adept of intellectual masturbation that goes nowhere but make you feel so important. And maybe you didn't notice, but I post that topic on resquest of other Jakchatters... you wanna insult them too? You already did, jackass. Make us all a favor and stop looking on each side of the street before crossing...

p.s.: are you Jimmy Dean little brother?

#36622 - 22 Nov 06 06:59 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Choc_Cow]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Quoting: Chocolatea
what about encule?

(that's about the only swear word i know in french grin)

More an insult than a swear, but a good one! wink

#36626 - 22 Nov 06 07:09 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
Personally I love Paris, snails, duck confit, foie de gra...I love drinking Chatrusse and Genepi made in the Alps....I enjoy making Coq-a-vin and getting to enjoy it with an aged Margaux or Pomerol.......

I don't think there is much to fight about here when it comes to culture.

#36632 - 22 Nov 06 07:57 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well I have to say that your english is better than your french - quite eloquent in fact .
Don't be so damned pathetic hiding behind everyone else - "mon cherie you insults ze ozer Jackchateurs by calling me a froeg" -
Honestly you are just so French.

#36634 - 22 Nov 06 08:04 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: No Eye Dear]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: No Eye Dear
Personally I love Paris, snails, duck confit, foie de gra...I love drinking Chatrusse and Genepi made in the Alps....I enjoy making Coq-a-vin and getting to enjoy it with an aged Margaux or Pomerol.......

I don't think there is much to fight about here when it comes to culture.

I don't know about culture - however it does have to be said that some of the nosh is spot on , and whilst I generally prefer the heavier South African and Australian wines - it does have to be said that a Puilly Fume Sancerre ( as kindly provided by the caseload by Emirates ) is an absolute cracker .

I'm not sure how this fuses with canadian taste though - do you substitute lightly clubbed seal for the duck in the " Terrine magrets de canard fume " and a bottle of Molson Light for the Sancerre ?

#36641 - 22 Nov 06 08:56 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Polar Bear]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

[quote=Polar Bear
Calm down Kanada!!!!

[/quote]

I don't know how French feel about being called frogs, but for Canadians francophones it's the worst thing you can possibly imagine. It's an historical issue; since the British won the their war against the French in the colonization times, they've been trying to assimilate the francophones, from the deportations from (what became) New Brunswick to Lousiana, to the severe beatings in the streets of Hull during the first referendum for Quebec's independence, we suffered from discrimination according to our beloved language and had to fight for it, so today there's two official languages in Canada, for exemple.

When people call us frogs or kermits or anything discriminating according our mother language, they embrace the ideology of our oppressors and shit on what we've been fighting for. It's not like coming to Indonesia and being called a Bule, or something meaningless like that (even if I hate being called a Bule). The basics of racism is ignorance, and our friend Hanratty proved me right by calling my a snail-eater, refering to French culture. I never eat one single snail in my whole life... but it picture what I thought of him; he just heard "kermit-canadians" somewhere, found it funny and start using it without asking himself if there's any racist meaning behind it. He just don't know anything about French-Canadian culture... Asshole, imbecile... and ignorant! Perfect picture.

#36660 - 22 Nov 06 11:14 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Orang Kanada]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

I pride myself in providing decent quality insults - I never plagerize , I don't like it at all .
Seems you can't decide if you are french or not , make up your mind - much of Africa speaks french , however , I am sure that they would confirm that they are not french .
You are right - I know very little of French-Canadian culture (if that is the right word to use) - I generally fall asleep .
If you don't think being called a bule is any the less worse than being called a Kermit , I am afraid you are much mistaken .

Life is much too short to worry about insults to your mother country .

#36662 - 22 Nov 06 11:40 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
James, you can be such a cunt at times! Keep posting, there is a chance you may become more liberal through education!

#36675 - 22 Nov 06 12:22 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Dilli]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Dear James... French-Canadians means "french speaking Canadians"... can I make it more clear? Maybe you need a drawing?

#36676 - 22 Nov 06 13:05 Re: Tabarnak! [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Dilli
James, you can be such a cunt at times! Keep posting, there is a chance you may become more liberal through education!

I try my best - there is always room for improvement through practice though .
It's OK , I've fucked back now . Whatever you do , keep Ela to yourself , Canadians and Ela all in one day - I don't think so .
I'll get back to dry lining my kitchen .

Moderator:  NetCop