Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35605 - 07 Nov 06 07:53 standart live cost in jakarta? need help
smilehap Offline

Loc: indonesia
hello everybody..
iam new here and this link it's very wonderfull and i hope i can new find here yay

iam now living in sby and get a job here, with my salary now i can live with minimum standart live in sby, but several day ago my boss want to locate me in jakarta,there some hesitation about that b'coz i've heard about standart live cost in jakarta is so high. so i need more opinion from everybody who has live in jakarta now, how much at least money do u think that we must have to live in jakarta monthly crazy, just for residance ("kost") and three times meal. any suggestion will be very helpfull for me to make decision.
thank very much everybody's and sory becouse my bad english make you confused ("menjijikkan") sick

thanks
upyours

#35620 - 07 Nov 06 10:35 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: smilehap]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
hey, no-one's answered you yet! hey you jakarta gals, help smilehap out! i know you can give her good advice on this matter!

#35627 - 07 Nov 06 11:25 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Sorry I cannot assist! Bule and resident Jakartans tend to have differing views on this subject!

#35658 - 08 Nov 06 00:39 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Dilli]
jok Offline
Member**

Loc: Jakarta
Haha....! crazy girl with finger cross.

#35664 - 08 Nov 06 01:04 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: jok]
smilehap Offline

thanks kukukachu, but iam he not her hehe:
iam still waiting for ur advice guys.
i'll very happy if somebody can help me....

#35673 - 08 Nov 06 01:40 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: smilehap]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Hi Smilehap, and welcome.
Here are a couple things I know.
Jakarta is now a fully "dollar-ized" city, so everything must be paid in dollars.

--Nasi Goreng from the Kaki Lima boys costs about USD$5 or $6.
--Bir Bintang $5 for a glass of draught beer, $10 for a big bottle.
--Girls cost about $200~$1,000 per day.
--Apartments generally sell for about $500,000, but your can rent for about $5,000 per month.

Those are main things you'll need, hope it helps.

#35676 - 08 Nov 06 02:02 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: riccardo]
smilehap Offline

thanks riccardo that is very hopefull
woow... very high live cost,isnt?
i must think again to locate there,high n very high

#35695 - 08 Nov 06 04:20 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: smilehap]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Nahh... Riccardo is bullshitting you!

#35700 - 08 Nov 06 04:35 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Orang Kanada]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
i'll be movin' to jakarta soon! smile..you can movein with me wink (kuku pasti...cemburu nih..)

#35701 - 08 Nov 06 04:36 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: juminten]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: wallet-digga'
i'll be movin' to jakarta soon! smile..you can movein with me wink (kuku pasti...cemburu nih..)

you better believe it, baby!!

why are you moving to jakarta? what's here that LA doesn't have??

#35702 - 08 Nov 06 04:51 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
jakarta got kuku...LA got my nude model! *confused*
okie..i'll go for bali. back to my mom! thats it!

#35715 - 08 Nov 06 07:26 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: juminten]
smilehap Offline

Quoting: wallet-digga'
jakarta got kuku...LA got my nude model! *confused*
okie..i'll go for bali. back to my mom! thats it!

haha laugh
so now i have think again to move jack better LA,isnt
sniff.. coz i smell legal nudity there laugh

#35819 - 09 Nov 06 13:32 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: KuKuKaChu]
dutch_guy Offline
Member+

depends on your looks and your taste: let me explain

Option one: You are a stunner who looks for a handsome bule
Be prepared to have to spend a lot on wining and dining the guy to be able get sole rights (to his body) in other words to let him root you for a period of time. You will also have to spend money on clothes for him and maybe housing (if he cannot stay with you) You will be looking at approximately 3 to 4 million per month.

Option two: You are a stunner who looks for an ugly bule. In this case you can leave your purse home and you will not even need to work because the bule will happily spend much of his money to wine and dine you, to treat you for holidays etc. He will even be prepared to pay your accomodation and other necessities etc. You can get by on spending less than 200.000 rp per month.

Option 3: You are an ugly girl looking for an ugly bule. IN this case your bf and you will probably go Dutch. Meaning you will share expenses, he will pay half you will pay half. You will have to pay for your own clothes and own accomodation etc. In this case you re looking at an average budget of 1 to 2 million rupia per month

Option 4: you are an ugly girl looking for a handsome bule. In this case you better go and look for a bloody well paid job!!!!! Cos if you wanna keep him you will basically have to drawn him in rupia's and expensive gifts. If you don't do it he will be gone faster than the wind. You will be looking at a budget here of at least 8 million per month to maybe as much as 11 million.

Option 5: you are an ugly or pretty or gorgeous girl looking for an indonesian guy. In this case it doesn't matter even if you are the prettiest gal in indo and he is the ugliest guy that ever lived, you will have to pay for everything. Luckily he is indonesian so his tastes will not be too expensive so here you look at a budget of 1.5 to 2.5 million per month

Hope this helps

#35826 - 09 Nov 06 21:22 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: dutch_guy]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Shesca and I always go Dutch:

I pay for drinks and dinner. The rest of the night is on her smile

#35871 - 10 Nov 06 02:12 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Polar Bear]
smilehap Offline

dutch thanks' ur guide very completely, i think u're guy with high experience to manage all new immigrant in jakarta expecially for pretty girl laugh

but everybody i want to clarify about me, iam handsome man not a girl like u are think before, so how if iam a handsome indonesian-chinese with good sense and humor and also i can satisfy any girl in jakarta but i dont like spend any money for her.

hahaha:D (joke)

#35872 - 10 Nov 06 02:19 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: smilehap]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: smilehap
also i can satisfy any girl in jakarta

hahaha:D (joke)

Smile, just slip round and shut Shesca up can you? She had been gagging for sausage for weeks, and I am a bit busy right now.

Its either you or Dili, and..... well, you know!

#35878 - 10 Nov 06 04:34 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Polar Bear]
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Smile? You're a guy??? I thought..........:)

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#35896 - 10 Nov 06 07:07 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Macan Tutul]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
smile..if you wish to live in jakarta..you have alots of choice, law class, midle class or high class..
so, depend of you smile

thanx God, Im living in a nice area... wink
wanna join me wink

#35897 - 10 Nov 06 07:13 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I wanna join you JJG smile

Move over and let me in!

#35918 - 11 Nov 06 00:24 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Polar Bear]
smilehap Offline

so what class are u in JJG?? :p
i thinks is better to choose low or medium class
but preferable to me if i can get nice partner in those area??
so we can enjoy, isnt?
:p :p

#35936 - 11 Nov 06 01:52 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: smilehap]
jok Offline
Member**

JJG living in Menteng........... Cendana?

#35938 - 11 Nov 06 02:21 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Polar Bear]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Polar Bear
I wanna join you JJG smile

Move over and let me in!

I'll open my door any times for you PB sayang wink

#35940 - 11 Nov 06 02:27 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: smilehap]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: smilehap
so what class are u in JJG?? :p
i thinks is better to choose low or medium class
but preferable to me if i can get nice partner in those area??
so we can enjoy, isnt?
:p :p

any kind of class...depend of..wanna take to law and high.. wink

#35941 - 11 Nov 06 02:30 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: jok]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Ela_K
JJG living in Menteng........... Cendana?

Menteng??? now I'm living in Cipete laugh yay

#35942 - 11 Nov 06 02:32 Re: standart live cost in jakarta? need help [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I think I know someone else that lives in Cipete! Were the two of you in CITOS last week?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop