Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35512 - 04 Nov 06 23:29 Restaurant Review-Syalendra (JW Marriot)
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
I went to this place with some friends probably a month ago, thought would share some experience to others about it.
Located at the ground floor of JW Marriot, Syailendra is an international restaurant, one of several inside of this hotel.We went there for their dinner, and there was option of going for the buffet dinner or ordering ala carte from the menu. Price was reasonable for hotel standard for both the buffet and the menu items. Selections of food were adequate, they had Sushi Bar (where i went to the most), salad bar, Chinese food section,Indian section, Pasta Section (or Italian, i guess), and of course their dessert and beverage section. You cant really expect first class food when it comes to buffet, but I think in general their food was quite well done (7 out of 10). They had oyster in their sushi bar, which is always a plus. I didnt even touch their Chinese food coz the didnt look that appetizing. Their Indian food was nicely done. On the beverage section you can opt for the alcoholic drink or non. I went for the non and found selections of different kind of flavored tea (quite interesting) and mixed juices. The dessert part, which I think most hotels do great job on, had great selection of nice looking (and nice tasting) cakes, ice cream and sweets from west and east. The restaurant itself has good interior, with only one comment: their tables are just too big for people to chat. We practically had to increase our voice volume for others across from us to be able to hear.

#35523 - 05 Nov 06 01:35 Re: Restaurant Review-Syalendra (JW Marriot) [Re: Shesca]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I had the soup! Banyak Bagus

Attachments
53-87323SXaw_w.jpg

#35525 - 05 Nov 06 01:41 Re: Restaurant Review-Syalendra (JW Marriot) [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

But I agree with you on the Chinese Food

Attachments
55-chinska-restauracja.jpg

#35526 - 05 Nov 06 01:43 Re: Restaurant Review-Syalendra (JW Marriot) [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I aslo agree with you on the drinks selection

Attachments
56-Heavens_20doorway_small.jpg

Moderator:  NetCop