Rate This Topic
#35373 - 03 Nov 06 02:50 Bar Review - New York Pool Bar
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
New York Pool Bar
Komp. Taman Ria Senayan,
Jl. Gerbang Pemuda No. 3.Tel 021.5790 6891

A short stumble away from Bugils café you will find this top class pool bar. This is more than just your average pool hall dive and offers 18 quality tables at (Rp. 32,000++ per hour). For those of you like me who grew up watching Alex Higgins and Steve Davis and want to play snooker this is certainly the place for you! Believe it or not they have a full size table available.

Now for some unknown reason they have decided to build two VIP rooms (just not needed in a pool hall is it!). However this poor choice can be overlooked, as the staff uniform is superb! Good-looking girls in short skirts and knee high boots whiz around this place racking balls and bringing drinks and food. As the last place I played snooker was in the back streets of London where you took care of your own balls and you were only served at the bar by a one armed pensioner called baz, the girls of NY Pool Bar made a welcome change!

Not content with simply offering pool they have also thrown in 2 large screens, private rooms (equipped with own pool table, karaoke, and en-suite bathroom) and 2 cigar lounges. The cigar list includes favorites like Monte Cristo and the food menu has a good mix of western indo food.

Now personally I like a nice cold beer to help my game but of your tipple is wine then this place will keep you happy. A comprehensive wine, boasting over one hundred different kinds from Argentina, South Africa, Australia, Italy, Chile and even Algeria (according to them but I haven’t checked on this). If you’re not a wine lover, the Bintang is cold and Rp. 22,000++ and pitchers are Rp. 99,000++.

The daytime happy hour runs from 10am to 5pm, Monday-Thursday and offers 15% discount on tables. In the evening from 7pm until close, Monday to Thursday, Happy Hour is ‘Buy 2 Get 1 Free’. New York Pool Bar is open until 2 am on weeknights and 3 am on the weekend. But they have been known to stay open later if the crowd is small.

Attachments
46-img_poolbar.jpg

#37311 - 29 Nov 06 00:46 Re: Bar Review - New York Pool Bar [Re: chewwyUK]
Talia Offline

Loc: jakarta
Hi.. I like to know more about NY Pool Bar? is it a free sex bar?

#37353 - 29 Nov 06 07:26 Re: Bar Review - New York Pool Bar [Re: Talia]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

No, Talia, sadly times change and it's now become a pay-for-sex bar!

#37434 - 30 Nov 06 00:14 Re: Bar Review - New York Pool Bar [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

hehehe -- well its not a pick up place as far as I know .. I never get any action there. But then im an ugly bastard

#37537 - 01 Dec 06 07:43 Re: Bar Review - New York Pool Bar [Re: chewwyUK]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: chewwyUK
hehehe -- well its not a pick up place as far as I know .. I never get any action there. But then im an ugly bastard

chewwk, I need your help smile

#37639 - 03 Dec 06 02:12 Re: Bar Review - New York Pool Bar [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
KIM Offline
Member++

Loc: singapore
hey man my kind of place, any nice gals walking around with a
big stick.. tell the boss to get some take away it should get
the place really going.

#38512 - 14 Dec 06 04:24 Re: Bar Review - New York Pool Bar [Re: KIM]
rainman Offline

Loc: Indonesia

Been there a couple of times and the service of the staffs sucks.

Can u imagine, was busy with some customers and one of them wanted to play pool but none of the staffs there were willing to accompany him.

I am talking about 8pm where only 4 tables were occupied.

Sigh

Moderator:  NetCop