#35325 - 02 Nov 06 04:08 Bar Review - Red Square
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Red Square
Plaza Senayan Arcadia, Unit X-105
Jl. New Delhi , Pintu I Senayan

http://www.redsquarejakarta.com

This bar markets itself as the first vodka bar in Jakarta and as far as I know is still the only vodka bar! As my tipple of choice is vodka it made perfect sense to go and check out this place. Itís tucked behind Plaza Senayan in a place called Plaza Senayan Arcada. Taxi drivers never seem to know where this place is so make sure you take note of the address.

This is one of my favorite places to go if I feel like dancing to some decent music (that is not having to put up with any R&B rubbish!) The bar is well designed with a slight ďup-market" feel to it. The staff are generally very good and even when the place is packed to the rafters you still donít have to wait that long to get a drink, even though they still insist of seating twats at the bar (bar owners take note and if you bar is busy remove all seating at the bar!!)

If you are after a place where you can enjoy a drink with a few friends and have a conversation then this isnít the place for you. But if you are in the mood for dancing, drinking and having a few laughs this is the place I would recommend. As the night moves on this place is packed with locals and a few expats going crazy. When the music gets loud and fast you will hear lots of whistle blowing and jumping around. While this place has many beautiful people inside, they are there for one thing and thatís to have a good time. No shortage of people willing dance on tables and the bar (Indonesian girls just hate any sort of attention donít they!)

The drinks are on the higher side but by Jakarta standards not to bad. Donít be fooled by the Vodka bar image as the selection is extensive and you can drink anything from good old beer to a caviar shot. Wont go in to a lot of detail about the drink list as their web site provides a full menu and price list. The web site also provides details of events and there are some good happy hour prices to be had.

Never been to this place during the day or early evening so cant comment on what its like then. If anybody has please give details below.

This place certainly gets a thumbs up from me Ö good dancing music Ö no crap boy bands!

#47154 - 10 Mar 07 02:53 Re: Bar Review - Red Square [Re: chewwyUK]
JHVH1 Offline
Member+

Loc: Tegal
The few times I have been was during the early evening, happy hours, although I can't exactly recall quite the exact hour. What I did remember is that the 2 for one specials, (and I am going back to early last year here) meant two mojitos for about 40-50k rups, very reasonable by Jakarta standards. Nice, laid back, semi-upmarket atmosphere where I could take the wife and her friend who works nearby. I'm more of a Fez kind of guy though, but the twattishness is understated, so its good for a kickstart to your night.

#47157 - 10 Mar 07 03:29 Re: Bar Review - Red Square [Re: JHVH1]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
understated twattishness?

i'm too much of a twat to know what that means ...

#47166 - 10 Mar 07 04:44 Re: Bar Review - Red Square [Re: KuKuKaChu]
jok Offline
Member**

Loc: Jakarta
Red Square........ i like The Red Flamming Square Vodka, The Red Russian Vodka and.............. recently they have a new Illusion....... the taste is different compare to other bars. Unique!! you got to try it guys!

#47170 - 10 Mar 07 05:04 Re: Bar Review - Red Square [Re: jok]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
do they have non-alcoholic vodka??

#47172 - 10 Mar 07 05:21 Re: Bar Review - Red Square [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
What a nonsensical thought! Where would be the fun in that!

Moderator:  NetCop