Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105295 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
bull mother fucking shit
The response for when someone is telling huge porkies.
Tony: I always clean up after myself.
Sharon: Bull mother fucking shit.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35311 - 02 Nov 06 01:48 TNI can't find Lebanon
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
By my count, this is the 4th postponement for sending the TNI peacekeepers to southern Lebanon.... Hmmmm I wonder what's really going on, maybe the defense minister's statements about not intending to disarm Hisbollocks terrorists is coming back to bite them.

Indonesia has had to delay sending troops to join UNIFIL peacekeepers in southern Lebanon because of "transport problems", a military spokesman said earlier this week.

A 125-member advance team had been due to leave on October 28, with a main body comprising 725 soldiers supposedly following in early November.

"Yes, it has been delayed. The advance team will now leave on November 5 and the main body will follow after two weeks, roughly around November 22," military spokesman Rear Admiral Mohammad Sunarto explained.

"The reason is completely technical, related to transportation matters," he said.

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's army lieutenant son was to be part of the advance Indonesian force.

Yudhoyono himself is a retired army general who once led Indonesian military observers on a UN peacekeeping mission to Bosnia in the mid-1990s.

Israel had initially objected to peacekeepers coming from nations not recognizing the Jewish state, but later relaxed that stance. Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation, has no diplomatic ties with Israel.

#35312 - 02 Nov 06 01:59 Re: TNI can't find Lebanon [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Has anyone seen this news in the Indonesia media? The local journos all seem rather humiliated by this after being such huge cheerleaders, almost gloating, back in August and September and ranting on about how the TNI was going to get to fight the Jews...

So now they do what all good Indonesian journalists are supposed to do: Don't tell the public the truth, or else they might become informed citizens.

#35313 - 02 Nov 06 02:23 Re: TNI can't find Lebanon [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i can't say i've seen anything ... certainly nothing that details *why* they can't get it together ...

#35364 - 02 Nov 06 23:56 Re: TNI can't find Lebanon [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

Today's Kompas has a large front page photo of a column of UN APVs driving through the streets of Jakarta. I guess TNI intends to drive to the Lebanon.

#35385 - 03 Nov 06 04:31 Re: TNI can't find Lebanon [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Also, in THE POINT this morning there was a similar photo with this somewhat cryptic caption:

"A company of military armored cars head in convoy towards [sic] the Jakarta International Container Terminal in Tanjung Priok, north of the capital [sic]. Painted in white, these military vehicles [sic] bearing the UNIFIL flag were on Wednesday sent on their way to Lebanon. They were sent to the Mideast as operational transport for the Army's Garuda XXIII personnel, who left [sic] Jakarta for Beirut aboard the USS Wilson this Saturday."

There was, oddly, NO story nor mention of WHY the vaunted, prideful TNI had to use the hated American infidels' boat to get to Lebanon.

#35403 - 03 Nov 06 05:26 Re: TNI can't find Lebanon [Re: riccardo]
Pooh Bah

i just saw a copy of The Jakarta Post ... they also ran a photo of the APV convoy on their front page!!! i'm beginning to think this was orchestrated ...

as for the US transport ship, this was a fact that was completely omitted in the caption of the Kompas and JP photos.

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website