Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35292 - 01 Nov 06 15:15 Restaurant Review - Hotel Mecure Ancol
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I went with the wife and some friends to Ancol for a nice seafood dinner a couple days after the Eid at "Bandara Djakarta" -- it was good, outdoor tent sort of thing on the water and very reasonably priced.

j
After dinner, but still early, like 9pm, we stopped into the Hotel Mercure, Ancol planning to have some dessert and drinks at their nice indoor/outdoor restaurant overlooking beautiful Jakarta Bay.

It WAS A DISASTER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. WORST SERVICE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE F&B INDUSTRY! THEY GREETED US AND SEATED US WITH SMILES AND IT WAS REALLY NICE AT FIRST. BUT AFTER 45 MINUTES AND 5 increasingly polite requests to the staff, THEY FINALLY TOOK OUR ORDERS, BUT MOST OF THE ITEMS ON THE DESSERT AND DRINKS MENU WERE "HABIS" SO MORE WAITING... WE FINALLY ORDERED TWO ICED TEAS AND TWO LARGE BINTANG BEERS AND SOME SORT OF CAKE FOR EACH OF US. 30 MORE MINUTES pass AND SOME MORE POLITE REMINDERS TO THE STAFF, AND FINALLY SOME DIMWIT -- A NEW ONE -- CAME OUT WITH 1 SMALL BINTANG AND NOTHING ELSE!.....EVENTUALLY WE GOT 2 LARGE, BUT VERY WARM (YUK, YUK, YUK) BEERS, ONE TEA AND ONE WATER AND JUST ONE SLICE OF CAKE, WHICH WAS FROZEN and INEDIBLE! WE DIDN'T EVEN FINISH THE DRINKS OR THE CAKE -- AND DID NOT WAIT FOR THE BILL, BUT WENT STRAIGHT TO THE CASHIER TO PAY. WE PAID THE BILL AND DID NOT LEAVE A SINGLE RUPIAH TIP, BUT THEN HEARD THE CUNTS MUTTERING STUFF LIKE 'PELIT' 'GOBLOK' 'BULE'.... Un-fucking-believable!

So my advice is avoid this place like the plague!

Edited by chewwyUK (02 Nov 06 02:31)

#35314 - 02 Nov 06 02:34 Re: Restaurant Review - Hotel Mecure Ancol [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
sounds like a great place to go riccardo --- must make sure I reserve a table! Any place that serves warm beer would have me walking out .. there is just no excuse for it these days!

Moderator:  NetCop