#35287 - 01 Nov 06 09:27 Bar Review - Dragon Fly
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
DRAGON FLY
Graha BIP
Gatot Subroto
http://www.the-dragonfly.com/

One of the more pretentious places in Jakarta, with a mix of bule and young wealthy locals. I have had a few people say the restaurant section of this place is okay but I just donít see the point in eating in a night club Ö go to a restaurant!!

For me the interior of Dragon Fly tries a little too hard. Itís trendy, good looking and modern which reflects the type of person that hangs out here (looks good but very dull). Donít expect to get comfortable in this place as they prefer you to stand around all night. Do Expect to find reserved signs on what few tables they have and if you can believe this they even reserve standing spaces!!!!

Even though you will find the music loud enough to make you ears bleed donít expect any of the patrons to be dancing. They are far too busy being cool to have any fun. Most of the crowd stands around with their drinks looking at each other to see what hand phones they are using and what designer labels they have. Even if you are there and want to dance you can forget it as they let so many people in the place you can hardly move.

While Dragon Fly is popular I canít think of a single reason why anybody would go back again. If ever you find yourself with an urge to meet shallow soulless people then this could be the place for you Ö other than that I wouldnít bother going!!

#35291 - 01 Nov 06 12:24 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i've often wondered about that place ... thanks for putting me off it for life! smile

#35511 - 04 Nov 06 23:01 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Good review on the bar. Went there early this year with a couple of friends, stayed for 10 mins (just to finish my drink)and left. Nice looking interior, cant even remember about the music, but totally agreed with the crowd. They are mostly adults, 30 or above but definitely there not for the dancing part. My group love to dance so saw no point of staying there too long.

#35533 - 05 Nov 06 02:16 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Shesca]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Nice Gents Rest Room

Attachments
64-Danger_20Sign_20Water.jpg

#35678 - 08 Nov 06 02:18 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Dilli]
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
At the first time I never thought I will pass to the line cause I'm wearing wrong costum but then for hard "chat" we came in....then yeah so crowded cause it's place to dance not to sweet chat!!! But the interiors nor decorations was great...classy even lots of arogant people there too, but enjoying all of the fun......

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#35679 - 08 Nov 06 02:21 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Dilli]
jok Offline
Member**

i think all the bar or restaurant they heve their own character.

if you know Retro before under renovation (long time ago) than Retro now i and mostly people in Jakarta prefer Retro before renovation. The reason is just very simple. Retro before is very nice and friendly but Retro now is too classy.

#35900 - 10 Nov 06 07:59 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: jok]
Women On Top Offline

Loc: Far away from Heaven
NO COMMENT....!

#35901 - 10 Nov 06 09:28 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Women On Top]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hi Lay!!!

1) Welcome, congratulations on your first post!!!

2) Wow You are cute. The guys here will be chasing you - Including me!!!!

#35902 - 10 Nov 06 10:04 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Polar Bear]
dutch_guy Offline
Member+

went there some months ago with my german friend. We were stopped at the entrance and as they let my friend go in i was not allowed to enter. When asking why i couldn't go in the bouncer/sceurity chap told me that i was not compatible to the crowd. I dunno exactly what he meant but i guess he meant i was too bloody ugly. Mind you i was sharply dressed in an italian designer costume with matching shoes!!!!!

#35905 - 10 Nov 06 11:40 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: dutch_guy]
Squirrel Offline
Member+

Butch, could ya see over the counter at the reception? Its not your looks that the lads dont like, Its the short bit we complain about mate.

I mean fuck Butch, you never buy a round cos the barmaids cant see ya.

Ya gotta get some inches mate!Ya goota be able to see over that bar!!

I mean, we all use the shithouse stalls, but ya can walk under the door mate, AND ITS FUCKIN CLOSED!

BUTCH, stop doing that, its dirty.

BUTCH, tell me I havenít offended you mate?

#35907 - 10 Nov 06 13:39 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: dutch_guy]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Dutch, you need "high heel" italian designer shoes!

#35969 - 11 Nov 06 10:05 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Squirrel]
dutch_guy Offline
Member+

lulu you need Rolph's big 30 inch donger up ur arse. You been begging for it long enough now.

#35974 - 11 Nov 06 13:08 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: dutch_guy]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Shesca, what Are you doing in the Dtagon Fly?

#35975 - 11 Nov 06 13:09 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Polar Bear]
Squirrel Offline
Member+

BUTCH me old shirt lifter, where ya bin??

I bin lookin for ya all day mate!

Donít go worrying bout them sheilas mate,

I know Lulu is as hot as a curry in the Nullarbor, but mate the whole station knows yer plonker wont reach her thigh on a knee trembler.

She has a bit of class mate, she donít allow the like of me and you to entertain her.

Sheís a lady mate. Bit like you, only without the plonker and with a lot of class.

Did ya mates from the gay bar find ya? They been sitting around all day waitin! And the rest of the crew have been sittin too, cos they darenít lift their arses, what with your mates all being shit pushers and all that.

Did ya see the doc about yer short arse problem? I know ya donít like it mate, but everone else can see over the ute sides, and the station dogs keep pissin on ya head.

Hope the doc had some advice.

Il be waitin for ya mate. Same cubical as last time.

Adolph

#36005 - 13 Nov 06 01:32 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Squirrel]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Adolph Hitler

I know Lulu is as hot as a curry in the Nullarbor, but mate the whole station knows yer plonker wont reach her thigh on a knee trembler.

She has a bit of class mate, she donít allow the like of me and you to entertain her.

Sheís a lady mate. Bit like you, only without the plonker and with a lot of class

Eh? Do you know me, Adolph?

#36006 - 13 Nov 06 01:39 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: dutch_guy]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: dutch_guy
lulu you need Rolph's big 30 inch donger up ur arse. You been begging for it long enough now.

Sounds more to your own despair dutchie...

#36012 - 13 Nov 06 05:13 Re: Bar Review - Dragon Fly [Re: Lulu]
Squirrel Offline
Member+

Quoting: Lulu
Eh? Do you know me, Adolph?

STREWTH Shelia, it was only Wednedsay night!!!!

AH

Moderator:  NetCop