Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35260 - 01 Nov 06 06:12 Bar Review - Velvet Lounge & Bar
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Velvet Lounge and Bar - REDTOP HOTEL
Jl Pecenongan

A friend calls me up the other night, who I had not spoken to in a while, saying she is now doing PR for this hotel and wanted to know if I would go down and have a few drinks with her. Now my first reaction was, oh no, another bloody hotel bar!!

It was a Monday night just after Idul Fitri, so not that busy, which was a shame because itís a nice small club. Very well designed with purple velvet covering the walls, and big comfortable lounges and seating areas. The music was good and although loud they didnít play so loud you canít have a conversation with the people you are with.

Drinks are hotel prices unfortunately, beers being charged at 40,000 (small!!) and cocktails around 65,000. Staff very friendly and quick to serve. It does have a few working girls hanging around but they seem to be controlled by a mama-san so you wonít hassled.

They have live bands ... Not sure what are like as the night I was there they just had a DJ and some dancers. The dancers were what I would call HOT - great bodies, great dancers - not full nude, but they donít mind getting there tits out and dancing all over you. I think the dancing girls are going to be a regular thing and my friend was saying she is trying to get a chocolate fountain in so the dancers can cover their breasts in chocolate and have customers lick them (ingenious idea hehe)

Girls aside, itís a good place to go with a group of friends who feel like a dance and also want to be able talk in comfort. Great VIP booths available as long as you reserve.

All in all it has a lot to offer ... although a little expensive

Edited by KuKuKaChu (01 Nov 06 06:52)

#35270 - 01 Nov 06 06:49 Re: Bar Review - Velvet Lounge & Bar [Re: chewwyUK]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
yeahh..yeah..now you're working for them cheww..
maybe oneday I'll come there wink

#35273 - 01 Nov 06 06:53 Re: Bar Review - Velvet Lounge & Bar [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

just building up a few reviews for when kuku starts the section wink

#35274 - 01 Nov 06 06:54 Re: Bar Review - Velvet Lounge & Bar [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
actually, could you introduce me to this friend who invited you there? tell her, i have chocolate.

#35275 - 01 Nov 06 06:56 Re: Bar Review - Velvet Lounge & Bar [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

will be using her contacts to get info on events going on in the hotel bars as she nows the PR people from other hotels ... I will find out when chocolate night is and we can have a forum get together hehehe

#35277 - 01 Nov 06 07:15 Re: Bar Review - Velvet Lounge & Bar [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
actually, could you introduce me to this friend who invited you there? tell her, i have chocolate.

buat jokie aja chocelate-nya wink

Moderator:  NetCop