Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
1 registered (galerinomor), 193 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105292 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
orange face
a nick name for Donald J Trump (during and after the 2016 Presidential election)
We have been keeping our mouths shut for the entire past year in front of our relatives and that is how the orange face got elected.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35047 - 29 Oct 06 04:28 Southpark outdoes itself
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1773

Click the link for the photo

The creators of South Park have never been afraid to upset celebrities - and many of the show's viewers.

From jokes about religion and homosexuality to four-letter tirades, Trey Parker and Matt Stone have always mixed shock tactics with satire in the hit cartoon series.

But they were accused of hitting a new low last night after lampooning the demise of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin just weeks after his death.

The latest episode shows an animated Irwin in Hell with a stingray poking out of his bleeding chest.

Irwin, 44, died in September after he was impaled by a stingray's barb, while snorkelling near the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

The South Park episode called Hell On Earth 2006, which was broadcast in the US this week, shows Satan preparing to host a Hallowe'en fancy dress party.

Hundreds of dead celebrities are invited, including rapper Notorious B.I.G., Princess Diana and Hitler.

But at the party Satan receives complaints from his guests that someone is inappropriately dressed up as Irwin.

Satan confronts Irwin but the Aussie environmentalist protests it is really him, not a guest in a costume.

While characters have been killed off in the series before spawning the show's catchphrase "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" campaigners are particularly incensed about the stingray still being attached to Irwin's bloodstained trademark khaki shirt.

British broadcasting watchdog Mediawatch condemned the episode as "grossly insensitive."

Its director, John Beyer, said: "I think this is in bad taste. Steve Irwin's family are still grieving."

"To lampoon somebody's death like that is unacceptable and so soon after the event is grossly insensitive. It is not what the family would want to see."

South Park maker Comedy Central defended the episode. A spokesman said: "It has offended people in the past and probably will again. Regular watchers would not be shocked."

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#35076 - 31 Oct 06 01:20 Re: Southpark outdoes itself [Re: Piss Salon]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
i have been a fan of southpark for a long time, hearing this i am no longer a fan. we all have been guilty of laughing at someone elses demise however i belive this 2 be fuckin rude and hope that some burly inbred queenslander catches up with them oneday and tears them a new arsehole. the irony is , is that everyone would laugh

#35083 - 31 Oct 06 04:17 Re: Southpark outdoes itself [Re: Yes]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Crikey Jules, I think you are fair dinkum overreacting mate; the bloke set himself up as a public celebrity/figure and is fair game. He did a great deal for conservation and hopefully his family, friends and supporters will continue to do so but, in my humble opinion, he set a worrying precedent with his needless interaction, harassment of wildlife, which, in the end, sadly, cost him his life. This precedent is particularly bad in say Asia where the locals believe it is their god-given right to keep endangered animals in cages as status symbols. A better message would have been focusing on observing animals in the wild, not tackled, wrestled or ensnared by an Aussie bushwhacker for television ratings.

#35103 - 31 Oct 06 06:24 Re: Southpark outdoes itself [Re: Piss Salon]
Yes Offline
Member++

its not so much about what steve did its the fact that he has only been dead for a few weeks. as you mentioned steve did do a lot of good and the good that he did do i believe farout wayed any worng doing on his behalf by about 10 squillion to 1. the money and the fame never corrupted who he was.

maybe i did overreact a little but all im saying is that what go's around really goes around.

#35110 - 31 Oct 06 08:55 Re: Southpark outdoes itself [Re: Yes]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

C'mon man, spill. What is with the photo? Your latest crop?

#35111 - 31 Oct 06 09:13 Re: Southpark outdoes itself [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
he looks like a pixie in a cabbage patch smile

#35120 - 31 Oct 06 21:36 Re: Southpark outdoes itself [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Yes Offline
Member++

it was initially the only one i could get on there, im not great with computers, plus, im not big on dungeons and dragons or jerbal hunting.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website