Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34971 - 26 Oct 06 02:05 GOI/Little Support for Islamic Parties
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
From Trade and Investment News http://www.ekon.go.id/v3/content/view/441/60/

Little Support for Islamic Parties

The future of political Islam remains bleak in Indonesia, with fewer than one in 10 Muslims saying they will still vote for shariah-based parties in the next election, according to a poll conducted by the Indonesian Survey Institute (LSI).
The survey showed that 43% of Muslims prefer secular parties, such as Golkar and the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P).

The survey, which was conducted across the country from September to mid-October, concluded that the political leanings of Indonesian Muslims are basically liberal and pluralistic.
Most respondents also believed that democracy is compatible with Islam and the state ideology of Pancasila.

The poll revealed that 82% of Muslims believe in democracy and only 5% disagreed with the concept.

"Mainstream Muslims here think that the public sphere should not be regulated by Islamic shariah," said LSI executive director Saiful Mujani.

#34972 - 26 Oct 06 02:50 Re: GOI/Little Support for Islamic Parties [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Interesting, very interesting indeed, that the Econ Ministry propaganda boys decided to delete the part of that survey that showed that 10% (20 million) of RI muzzies fully support violent jihad and that the Bali terror bombs were justified!

#34976 - 26 Oct 06 04:00 Re: GOI/Little Support for Islamic Parties [Re: riccardo]
Patung Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop