Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34938 - 24 Oct 06 23:12 BALI BOMBERS FREED!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
This is a wire story on the rama-lama-ding-dhan remissions with comments below from http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?...amadan#comments

These demonstrate the utter contempt of the vox populi for RI -- so if the politicians are worried about tarnishing the rep of RI, look no further.

Indonesia Will Free Two Bali Bombers for Ramadan

To mark the end of the Islamic month of Ramadan in true Religion of Peace style, the “moderate” Islamic state of Indonesia will release two of the mass murderers who perpetrated the Bali nightclub bombings: Indonesia to Free Bali Bombers as Muslims Celebrate Eid al-Fitr.

Indonesian officials say they will release at least two Islamic militants in jail for involvement in the 2002 terrorist bombings on the resort island of Bali, to mark the end of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan.

As Indonesians prepare to celebrate the holiday, Eid al-Fitr, prison officials say they will release at least two Muslim militants on Tuesday, the day most people will celebrate the end of the holy month.

Jakarta traditionally reduces prison sentences on holidays for prisoners who show good conduct.

78 comments
Comments are open and unmoderated. Before you post, remember the LGF prayer:Lord, grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

#1 eminencefront 10/23/2006 03:52PM PDT

shakes head

#2 Spenser (with an S) 10/23/2006 03:52PM PDT

Wow, is this going to (rightfully)piss off the Aussies!

#3 Luigi 10/23/2006 03:52PM PDT

"Jakarta traditionally reduces prison sentences on holidays for prisoners who show good conduct."

And there's no better conduct than blowing up a den of sin filled with infidels.

#4 new_tommy 10/23/2006 03:53PM PDT

Boycotting Indonesia looks better and better.

#5 NortonPete 10/23/2006 03:53PM PDT

Note to self:
Don't go to Bali.

#6 Spenser (with an S) 10/23/2006 03:54PM PDT

Australian SAS, your plane is ready for takeoff.

#7 mama winger 10/23/2006 03:57PM PDT

Barrabas 1 and Barrabas 2?

#8 new_tommy 10/23/2006 03:58PM PDT

Since Indonesian authorities cannot be trusted to do the right thing, it is time to take these scumbags out the way Israel did following the Munich Olympics.

#9 LSD 10/23/2006 03:59PM PDT

Scum.

#10 hadanuf 10/23/2006 04:00PM PDT

Come on, they didn't blow up a single person all the time they were in prison!

#11 Egfrow 10/23/2006 04:01PM PDT

What time and where are they being released? We want to throw them a nice party.

#12 EC Marm 10/23/2006 04:02PM PDT

Bali is now on my "no fly to" list...

Should a judge be able to ask a Muslim woman to remove her veil?

#13 Ojoe 10/23/2006 04:03PM PDT

Boycott Indonesia, a place where the government in effect says it is ok to kill 'infidels'.

#14 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:04PM PDT

It would be nice to have retrospective post one of these times going over all the LGF articles covering how many times this shit has happened in Indonesia.

Time to call it like it is: Indonesia is an enabler of terrorism, pure and simple. They are not a partner in the GWoT. Now if we could just get somebody in the State Department to say that as candidly as a certain State Dep. bureaucrat was willing to speak on America's policy on Iraq, that would be a tremendous improvement.

#15 Radian 10/23/2006 04:06PM PDT

It would be ironic if he was to die in an explosives accident..

What a bunch of shitbags.

Consider israels reaction to munich and the worlds reaction to this..

#16 restitutor orbis 10/23/2006 04:09PM PDT

Sure, we're pissed, the aussies are pissed, but really what is anyone going to really DO about it?

#17 GregInSeattle 10/23/2006 04:10PM PDT

If there were an equivalent insanity in the US, we would free The Green River Killer and Charles Manson for Christmas.

#18 shug 10/23/2006 04:10PM PDT

Eid al-Fitr?

Translation into English : Aid two killers

#19 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:11PM PDT

Australia ought to expell all Indonesian citizens in retaliation.

#20 shug 10/23/2006 04:11PM PDT

'Jakarta traditionally reduces prison sentences on holidays for prisoners who show good conduct.'

I assume the good conduct they are referring to was the deaths of all those Australian tourists

#21 mbruce 10/23/2006 04:11PM PDT

As becomes clearer day by day,the Muslim concept of "Good Conduct"
is not good for living things.

#23 kathyn 10/23/2006 04:12PM PDT

What a nice way to celebrate the end of their high holy days! Perhaps we should release the Charles Manson Family members for Christmas/Hannukah.

#24 lowandslow 10/23/2006 04:13PM PDT

And yet

,Indonesia’s Supreme Court has sentenced four more members of the “Bali Nine” to death on charges of attempting to smuggle eight kilograms of heroin into Australia in April last year. The court rejected the young Australians’ appeal for reduced prison sentences and instead imposed the death penalty, even though Indonesian prosecutors had only sought life sentences in the original trials.

#25 Shaemus 10/23/2006 04:14PM PDT

This should really help the tourism industry in Bali....

#26 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:15PM PDT

And they wonder why Islam has a bad name.

#27 Radian 10/23/2006 04:15PM PDT

My suggestion is that some three letter agency arrange for this person to drop dead.

We used to kill communists in greece for less.

My preference would be that it was done in a fashion that let every one know who did it. Ace of spades left behind.

In reality we may get a strongly worded letter.

#28 right wing zephyr 10/23/2006 04:16PM PDT

Only psycho killers would release psycho killers from incarceration into the public.

#31 realwest 10/23/2006 04:18PM PDT

#4 new_tommy -Even though Indonesia is the single largest Muslim nation on Earth, what on Earth would you boycott? I mean, what do they produce that any of us would want to buy?
If Australia hasn't already done so, it should pull it's Ambassador and sever all diplomatic ties.
Sever = a word they'll understand, for sure.

#32 honest scrutiny 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

boycott indonesia - i went to starbucks yesterday, in spite of the fact that i had not yet found out the source of their coffee.

i'm sorry.

#33 Killgore Trout 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

There's no cure for stupid.

#34 NoSubmission 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

Islamist Holiday Video Calls for Jihad and Slaughter of "Crusaders"

This ten-minute video ( http://switch3.castu... ), titled "Rise Up," was posted on Islamist websites on October 22, 2006, and was described as "a gift for 'Eid Al-Fitr." Produced by an individual identified as "Abu Osama" (whose real identity is unknown), it calls on the Muslims to wage jihad against the "Crusaders." A caption in the film explains that Abu Osama produced the film on the occasion of the establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq.

The film begins with footage of horsemen under the caption: "O ye who believe! What is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter [Koran 9:38]."

Next, several Al-Qaeda leaders and commanders, including bin Laden, Al-Zawahiri, Al-Zarqawi and a number of unidentified young men (who may be field commanders or intended suicide bombers) call upon the Muslims to join the jihad. The following are excerpts:

Al-Zawahiri says: "I urge you, in [the name of] the duty of jihad, which is incumbent upon every Muslim, to hurry and pursue martyrdom in order to kill the Crusaders and the Zionists." An armed individual calls: "[Oh] defenders of the faith, hurry and prepare [for jihad], this is no time for [internal] disagreement." Another individual, sitting under a banner that reads, "Expel the polytheists from the Arabian Peninsula," asks: "Are there no men in this nation?" and a masked individual declares: "Jihad is ancient, and the fate of [all] infidel leaders is one and the same: to be slaughtered."

The video then shows a scene in which a man is beheaded. This is followed by another beheading, even more grisly, in which the severed head is waved in the air. (Both scenes, and another graphic scene, have been omitted from the version of the film posted here, but are available upon request).

The film ends with a caption congratulating the Shura Council of the Jihad Fighters in Iraq on the occasion of the establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq. It also conveys greetings for 'Eid Al-Fitr, and expresses hope for the unification of all the jihad fighters in Iraq.

To View Images From the Video, Please See: http://www.memri.org... .

#35 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

#4 new_tommy -Even though Indonesia is the single largest Muslim nation on Earth, what on Earth would you boycott? I mean, what do they produce that any of us would want to buy?
If Australia hasn't already done so, it should pull it's Ambassador and sever all diplomatic ties.

Other than clothing and jihad, I dont know what else they produce

#36 stevezilla 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

wtf, Indonesia... seriously WTF?

#39 paint-right 10/23/2006 04:21PM PDT

Is this the same country that jailed a poor Australian girl allegedly caught with dope - for 20 years?

Can you imagine the horror? for her? her family? the relatives of those killed in the bombing?

These people are getting bolder every day, laughing at the west and the dhimmis. They are very sure of themselves now.

#40 Killgore Trout 10/23/2006 04:22PM PDT

#31 realwest
I'm sure the tourist economy (moslty fueled by the Aussies) has already taken a huge hit. These light sentences and early releases will only hurt the indonesians, the Ausies have plenty of other safe places to vacation.

#41 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:22PM PDT

Is this the same country that jailed a poor Australian girl allegedly caught with dope - for 20 years?

Can you imagine the horror? for her? her family? the relatives of those killed in the bombing?

These people are getting bolder every day, laughing at the west and the dhimmis. They are very sure of themselves now.

Can you blame them?

#42 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:23PM PDT

what on Earth would you boycott? I mean, what do they produce that any of us would want to buy?

According to the CIA World Factbook, 6.7% of Indonesian exports are to the United States.

Major exports: oil and gas, electrical appliances, plywood, textiles, rubber

They don't mention coffee, but I know they export that also.

#43 religion of bacon 10/23/2006 04:24PM PDT

The only thing that would count as "good conduct" in this case would be for the bombers to publicly renounce Islam. Yeah, right...

#44 rcris5 10/23/2006 04:24PM PDT

Aussies invade Bali...pack extra sun screen and sign-me-up.

#45 Radian 10/23/2006 04:25PM PDT

Imagine 150 years ago. The royal navy would have pulled up to a port and proceeded to lay waste to it. This would continue until its citizens were freed.

I believe the shortest war in history was concluded with the King being reimbursed for powder and ball.

Seriously, we are the most powerful nation to ever exist, the Roman empire and we constantly take it from these little pissant nations.

This guy should take 45 slug in the brain and have a I Love nyc pin placed on his corpse.

This silliness will end soon enough.

#46 honest scrutiny 10/23/2006 04:25PM PDT

#39 paint-right

i have very little sympathy for people stupid enough to violate foreign drug laws.

#47 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:27PM PDT

#41 Elric

Yes. It is the same country. Schapelle Corby.

Indonesia: Tough on marijuana. Soft on Islamic killers.

#48 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:29PM PDT

#39 paint-right

i have very little sympathy for people stupid enough to violate foreign drug laws.

You do see the hypocrisy, dont you?

#49 rtheyserius 10/23/2006 04:29PM PDT

This is why Indonesia will be on the NUKE list when a real war with Islam happens.

#50 Radian 10/23/2006 04:32PM PDT

Possible she was used as a mule by others.

remember this being brought up.

#51 martelbrigade 10/23/2006 04:32PM PDT

Any one know off the top of their head how much Australia imports from Indonesia?

#53 lowandslow 10/23/2006 04:33PM PDT

#46 honest scrutiny

Neither do I but I would also expect a general sense of fairness on how laws are applied. See my link in #24. Drug traffickers get death, murderers get 3 years.

#54 PISSED 10/23/2006 04:36PM PDT

un-be-fu-ck-en-li-ev-ab-le!

This would be like letting Tim Mcveigh out for Christmas (if he was here)--- the wheels are falling off the world

/Time for a beer
/Good night all

#55 honest scrutiny 10/23/2006 04:36PM PDT

#47 new_tommy

whoa! thanks for the link, new_tommy.

maybe i'm being too hard on schapelle corby.

and yeah, letting killers go free sucks.

that's just another good reason to boycott indonesia.

#56 rickl 10/23/2006 04:37PM PDT

Jakarta traditionally reduces prison sentences on holidays for prisoners who show good conduct.

I suppose a successful jihad attack against infidels constitutes "good conduct".

#57 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:38PM PDT

I take that back. 11.5% of exports from Indonesia go to the United States. The previous number was imports. Australia doesn't import enough from Indonesia to even merit a mention. Malaysia is the smallest importer listed in the CIA World Factbook and it comes in at 4%.

#58 NoSubmission 10/23/2006 04:39PM PDT

Don't need to go to Indonesia. Forget that! Not that I ever even wanted to. A friend of mine went, she loved it, except she said the Muslims there were very rude and angry. And this was long before 9.11.01.

#59 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:41PM PDT

Here is more information on Australian-Indonesian trade relations.

#60 martelbrigade 10/23/2006 04:41PM PDT

Thanks new_tommy

#61 Killgore Trout 10/23/2006 04:44PM PDT

#58 NoSubmission
I've been there a few times, gorgeous country beaches to die for and great food (I like curry, coconut and seafood). My only complaint was the poisonous sea snakes.

#62 ratman 10/23/2006 04:45PM PDT

Australian drug mules = DEATH

Islamist murderers = RAMADAN PARTY

You would think it would be a grand gesture of faith and cultural understanding to pardon.
Just imagine how many Google news talking points Indonesia would get if they were smart enough to realise the propaganda potential.

The religion of Peace = Infidels not welcome.

#67 Mark1957 10/23/2006 04:52PM PDT

Bad news: Indonesia releases two Bali bombers.

Good news: This action clears the field for the Aussies to administer a "Hellfire Enema" to these two dickwads.

#68 Da_Beerfreak 10/23/2006 04:56PM PDT

Sure, we're pissed, the aussies are pissed, but really what is anyone going to really DO about it?

Unfortunately the gutless rule the West. If anyone had the balls to stand up to this shite, a 200% tariff on Indonesian goods would be a place to start. You know, a little good old fashion economic warfare.

#69 NoSubmission 10/23/2006 04:56PM PDT

61 Killgore Trout

The beaches and food sound good, but I prefer to keep my limbs, skin, face, life.

#73 Odinist 10/23/2006 05:01PM PDT

All the great suggestions here tonight on how to deal with the two terrorists being released... and what WILL be done?

NOTHING... as usual...

No wonder the terrorists feel safe in Islamic countries. Even if they are caught, convicted, and jailed, all they have to do is 'be on good behavior' until the next Ramadan is over...

Disgusting, truly disgusting...

#69 NoSubmission
I'd love to travel in the muslim world again. Indonesia, N Africa, and the ME are off my vacation list too.

#77 Bbungle 10/23/2006 05:04PM PDT

Guess W can invite them to the WH now, to celebrate the end of Ramadanadingdong.

There is a sure cure for stupid, but I would get my ass banned if I said what it was. {;-)

#34939 - 24 Oct 06 23:24 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
they seem a little upset. oh well, i guess indonesians figure that the West will forget soon enough. and they're probably right.

#34941 - 25 Oct 06 02:35 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

you know, i've just read the news about the prisoner release. in fact, those released were not bombers, but just persons who assisted ali amron to hide in the aftermath of the deed.

sure, 4 years in an indonesian jail for aiding and abetting a fugitive is not exactly an heavy sentence, but it's not exactly light either.

#34942 - 25 Oct 06 02:39 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
from what i read and see in the media here in australia, its really hard to determine where australian goverment and the indonesias gov't relationship really lies.

i relise its a tradition to relaease prisoners in celebration of the end of the holy month, but it looks like more of a statment than anything.

ie. #### diplomacy

#34943 - 25 Oct 06 05:17 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
you know, i've just read the news about the prisoner release. in fact, those released were not bombers, but just persons who assisted ali amron to hide in the aftermath of the deed.

Jails, at their most basic, are neeeded to keep dangerous people off the streets. People like these who've shown that they are willing to defy the police and the laws to aid and abet known mass murderers. That is equally as dangerous as the bombers themselves.

These guys believe that murder is ok, that murderers of "infidels" are heroes and must be supported in any way possible. Now ask yourself, would you classify these guys as a "danger to society" or not. I would say they are and they should've been given 30 years to Life.

#34944 - 25 Oct 06 05:33 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

It really sounds like the civilized non-muzzies in the world are finally getting fed up with this mideast death cult fairy tale, but living here I just sorta shrugged my shoulders at this news - getting used to it.

Check below for more 'vox populi' comments (nearly 1,000) on this at the bottom of the Yahoo news AP story, here are a couple of them:

by: iwasnotanazipolka (55/M/Cary, North Carolina) 10/24/06 02:05 am

Fuck Indonesia
The next time, and I hope it's soon, they have a tsunami or typhoon or an outbreak of cholera or some other disaster, well, they can go fuck themselves as far as this liberal is concerned. 202 innocent folks murdered and they are released because of a 'religious' holiday'. Fuck these people.

by: dshadetree 10/24/06 12:34 am

What we're seeing here is
another Islamic nation where they think it isn't really a sin to kill people, if you do it in the name of Allah.
If they don't evolve beyond that really, really soon it will be necessary to supress them.

see all of them here:

http://news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?actio...7138459&mid=851

#34945 - 25 Oct 06 05:34 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

And here too!:
http://post.news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=NEWS&action=l&ft=1&board=37138459&sid=37138459&title=2%20militants%20jailed%20for%202002%20Bali%20bombing&tid=apbalibombers&date=10-23-2006&url=story.news.yahoo.com%2Fnews%3Ftmpl%3Dstory%26u%3D%2Fap%2F20061023%2Fap_on_re_as%2Fbali_bombers_1&.sig=a2SaLr_ah46DEyYmWJeG0A--

#34946 - 25 Oct 06 05:36 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: riccardo]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: riccardo
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

These guys believe that murder is ok, that murderers of "infidels" are heroes and must be supported in any way possible. Now ask yourself, would you classify these guys as a "danger to society" or not. I would say they are and they should've been given 30 years to Life.

that's all very well, but by extrapolation you are therefore suggesting that 10% of Indonesia's population have to be jailed for constistuting a "danger to society". not very practical, in my ever so humble opinion ... there's got to be better ways.

#34947 - 25 Oct 06 06:39 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Lots of people have extreme beliefs/desires that border on criminal. I know a guy who wanted to rape Megawati, but he never attempted it and never even planned it. He thus passes the test of "is he danger to society?" These aiders and abettors of mass murderers have shown that they are willing and able to take that critical next step to acting on their criminal tendencies.

And that IS the difference.

Sure there are the 10% (20 million indonesians) that believe in the way of jihad and killing of infidels, but only the ones who do it or seriously plan it or act upon it in some way can be called criminals and locked up. But once that line is crossed, they need to be kept away from the general populace for the rest of their natural lives.

#39379 - 25 Dec 06 09:27 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: riccardo]
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Cleric cleared over Bali bombings
Indonesian cleric Abu Bakar Ba'asyir has had his conviction for conspiracy in the 2002 Bali bombings overturned by the Supreme Court in Jakarta.
The ruling effectively clears the 68-year-old cleric of involvement in the deadly nightclub attacks.

Ba'asyir was released in June after serving 26 months in jail.

But despite his claims of innocence, some security experts still insist he was a founding member of regional Islamic militant group Jemaah Islamiah.

Conspiracy charges

Ba'asyir was first arrested shortly after the Bali nightclub bombings in October 2002, although he was never accused of actually taking part in the attack.

The two bombs ripped through the Kuta area of Bali, a regular haunt for tourists, destroying a nightclub and killing mainly foreigners.

Ba'asyir was held in custody and faced two separate trials, eventually serving two separate sentences, the first for minor immigration offences, the second for being part of what the court called an "evil conspiracy".

In both cases more serious charges were either dropped or later overturned on appeal.

Now the conspiracy charges have also been dropped, as a result of an appeal filed during Ba'asyir's imprisonment.

"Thank God the Supreme Court has finally revealed the final truth," the cleric's son, Abdurrahmin, told the Associated Press on Thursday.

But some Indonesian and foreign intelligence agencies still believe Ba'asyir was, and perhaps still is, the spiritual leader of radical network Jemaah Islamiah (JI).

As a charismatic preacher and teacher, he is thought to have provided encouragement - and some would argue ideological justification - for violence.

Members of JI are accused of being behind a number of operations in Indonesia, including two suicide attacks in Jakarta and the 2002 and 2005 Bali bombings.

But most of these attacks took place while Ba'asyir was in prison, and he has always denied that JI even exists.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/6199501.stm

Peter Kay

#39381 - 25 Dec 06 09:30 Re: BALI BOMBERS FREED! [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS FROM A GUY WHO PRUNES MY POSTS IN THE INTEREST OF BREVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

errrr Ricc - you could have just posted a link mate smile smile

Quoting: riccardo
This is a wire story on the rama-lama-ding-dhan remissions with comments below from http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?...amadan#comments

These demonstrate the utter contempt of the vox populi for RI -- so if the politicians are worried about tarnishing the rep of RI, look no further.

Indonesia Will Free Two Bali Bombers for Ramadan

To mark the end of the Islamic month of Ramadan in true Religion of Peace style, the “moderate” Islamic state of Indonesia will release two of the mass murderers who perpetrated the Bali nightclub bombings: Indonesia to Free Bali Bombers as Muslims Celebrate Eid al-Fitr.

Indonesian officials say they will release at least two Islamic militants in jail for involvement in the 2002 terrorist bombings on the resort island of Bali, to mark the end of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan.

As Indonesians prepare to celebrate the holiday, Eid al-Fitr, prison officials say they will release at least two Muslim militants on Tuesday, the day most people will celebrate the end of the holy month.

78 comments
Comments are open and unmoderated. Before you post, remember the LGF prayer:Lord, grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

#1 eminencefront 10/23/2006 03:52PM PDT

shakes head

#2 Spenser (with an S) 10/23/2006 03:52PM PDT

Wow, is this going to (rightfully)piss off the Aussies!

#3 Luigi 10/23/2006 03:52PM PDT

"Jakarta traditionally reduces prison sentences on holidays for prisoners who show good conduct."

And there's no better conduct than blowing up a den of sin filled with infidels.

#4 new_tommy 10/23/2006 03:53PM PDT

Boycotting Indonesia looks better and better.

#5 NortonPete 10/23/2006 03:53PM PDT

Note to self:
Don't go to Bali.

#6 Spenser (with an S) 10/23/2006 03:54PM PDT

Australian SAS, your plane is ready for takeoff.

#7 mama winger 10/23/2006 03:57PM PDT

Barrabas 1 and Barrabas 2?

#8 new_tommy 10/23/2006 03:58PM PDT

Since Indonesian authorities cannot be trusted to do the right thing, it is time to take these scumbags out the way Israel did following the Munich Olympics.

#9 LSD 10/23/2006 03:59PM PDT

Scum.

#10 hadanuf 10/23/2006 04:00PM PDT

Come on, they didn't blow up a single person all the time they were in prison!

#11 Egfrow 10/23/2006 04:01PM PDT

What time and where are they being released? We want to throw them a nice party.

#12 EC Marm 10/23/2006 04:02PM PDT

Bali is now on my "no fly to" list...

Should a judge be able to ask a Muslim woman to remove her veil?

#13 Ojoe 10/23/2006 04:03PM PDT

Boycott Indonesia, a place where the government in effect says it is ok to kill 'infidels'.

#14 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:04PM PDT

It would be nice to have retrospective post one of these times going over all the LGF articles covering how many times this shit has happened in Indonesia.

Time to call it like it is: Indonesia is an enabler of terrorism, pure and simple. They are not a partner in the GWoT. Now if we could just get somebody in the State Department to say that as candidly as a certain State Dep. bureaucrat was willing to speak on America's policy on Iraq, that would be a tremendous improvement.

#15 Radian 10/23/2006 04:06PM PDT

It would be ironic if he was to die in an explosives accident..

What a bunch of shitbags.

Consider israels reaction to munich and the worlds reaction to this..

#17 GregInSeattle 10/23/2006 04:10PM PDT

If there were an equivalent insanity in the US, we would free The Green River Killer and Charles Manson for Christmas.

#18 shug 10/23/2006 04:10PM PDT

Eid al-Fitr?

Translation into English : Aid two killers

#19 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:11PM PDT

Australia ought to expell all Indonesian citizens in retaliation.

#20 shug 10/23/2006 04:11PM PDT

'Jakarta traditionally reduces prison sentences on holidays for prisoners who show good conduct.'

I assume the good conduct they are referring to was the deaths of all those Australian tourists

#21 mbruce 10/23/2006 04:11PM PDT

As becomes clearer day by day,the Muslim concept of "Good Conduct"
is not good for living things.

#23 kathyn 10/23/2006 04:12PM PDT

What a nice way to celebrate the end of their high holy days! Perhaps we should release the Charles Manson Family members for Christmas/Hannukah.

#24 lowandslow 10/23/2006 04:13PM PDT

And yet

,Indonesia’s Supreme Court has sentenced four more members of the “Bali Nine” to death on charges of attempting to smuggle eight kilograms of heroin into Australia in April last year. The court rejected the young Australians’ appeal for reduced prison sentences and instead imposed the death penalty, even though Indonesian prosecutors had only sought life sentences in the original trials.

#25 Shaemus 10/23/2006 04:14PM PDT

This should really help the tourism industry in Bali....

#26 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:15PM PDT

And they wonder why Islam has a bad name.

#27 Radian 10/23/2006 04:15PM PDT

My suggestion is that some three letter agency arrange for this person to drop dead.

We used to kill communists in greece for less.

My preference would be that it was done in a fashion that let every one know who did it. Ace of spades left behind.

In reality we may get a strongly worded letter.

#28 right wing zephyr 10/23/2006 04:16PM PDT

Only psycho killers would release psycho killers from incarceration into the public.

#32 honest scrutiny 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

boycott indonesia - i went to starbucks yesterday, in spite of the fact that i had not yet found out the source of their coffee.

i'm sorry.

#33 Killgore Trout 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

#34 NoSubmission 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

Islamist Holiday Video Calls for Jihad and Slaughter of "Crusaders"

This ten-minute video ( http://switch3.castu... ), titled "Rise Up," was posted on Islamist websites on October 22, 2006, and was described as "a gift for 'Eid Al-Fitr." Produced by an individual identified as "Abu Osama" (whose real identity is unknown), it calls on the Muslims to wage jihad against the "Crusaders." A caption in the film explains that Abu Osama produced the film on the occasion of the establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq.

The film begins with footage of horsemen under the caption: "O ye who believe! What is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter [Koran 9:38]."

Next, several Al-Qaeda leaders and commanders, including bin Laden, Al-Zawahiri, Al-Zarqawi and a number of unidentified young men (who may be field commanders or intended suicide bombers) call upon the Muslims to join the jihad. The following are excerpts:

Al-Zawahiri says: "I urge you, in [the name of] the duty of jihad, which is incumbent upon every Muslim, to hurry and pursue martyrdom in order to kill the Crusaders and the Zionists." An armed individual calls: "[Oh] defenders of the faith, hurry and prepare [for jihad], this is no time for [internal] disagreement." Another individual, sitting under a banner that reads, "Expel the polytheists from the Arabian Peninsula," asks: "Are there no men in this nation?" and a masked individual declares: "Jihad is ancient, and the fate of [all] infidel leaders is one and the same: to be slaughtered."

The video then shows a scene in which a man is beheaded. This is followed by another beheading, even more grisly, in which the severed head is waved in the air. (Both scenes, and another graphic scene, have been omitted from the version of the film posted here, but are available upon request).

The film ends with a caption congratulating the Shura Council of the Jihad Fighters in Iraq on the occasion of the establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq. It also conveys greetings for 'Eid Al-Fitr, and expresses hope for the unification of all the jihad fighters in Iraq.

To View Images From the Video, Please See: http://www.memri.org... .

#35 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

Other than clothing and jihad, I dont know what else they produce

#36 stevezilla 10/23/2006 04:19PM PDT

wtf, Indonesia... seriously WTF?

#40 Killgore Trout 10/23/2006 04:22PM PDT

#31 realwest
I'm sure the tourist economy (moslty fueled by the Aussies) has already taken a huge hit. These light sentences and early releases will only hurt the indonesians, the Ausies have plenty of other safe places to vacation.

#41 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:22PM PDT

Can you blame them?

#42 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:23PM PDT

what on Earth would you boycott? I mean, what do they produce that any of us would want to buy?

According to the CIA World Factbook, 6.7% of Indonesian exports are to the United States.

Major exports: oil and gas, electrical appliances, plywood, textiles, rubber

They don't mention coffee, but I know they export that also.

#43 religion of bacon 10/23/2006 04:24PM PDT

The only thing that would count as "good conduct" in this case would be for the bombers to publicly renounce Islam. Yeah, right...

#44 rcris5 10/23/2006 04:24PM PDT

Aussies invade Bali...pack extra sun screen and sign-me-up.

#45 Radian 10/23/2006 04:25PM PDT

Imagine 150 years ago. The royal navy would have pulled up to a port and proceeded to lay waste to it. This would continue until its citizens were freed.

I believe the shortest war in history was concluded with the King being reimbursed for powder and ball.

Seriously, we are the most powerful nation to ever exist, the Roman empire and we constantly take it from these little pissant nations.

This guy should take 45 slug in the brain and have a I Love nyc pin placed on his corpse.

This silliness will end soon enough.

#39 paint-right

#47 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:27PM PDT

#41 Elric

Yes. It is the same country. Schapelle Corby.

Indonesia: Tough on marijuana. Soft on Islamic killers.

#48 Elric66 10/23/2006 04:29PM PDT

#39 paint-right

You do see the hypocrisy, dont you?

#49 rtheyserius 10/23/2006 04:29PM PDT

This is why Indonesia will be on the NUKE list when a real war with Islam happens.

#50 Radian 10/23/2006 04:32PM PDT

Possible she was used as a mule by others.

remember this being brought up.

#51 martelbrigade 10/23/2006 04:32PM PDT

Any one know off the top of their head how much Australia imports from Indonesia?

#53 lowandslow 10/23/2006 04:33PM PDT

#46 honest scrutiny

Neither do I but I would also expect a general sense of fairness on how laws are applied. See my link in #24. Drug traffickers get death, murderers get 3 years.

#54 PISSED 10/23/2006 04:36PM PDT

un-be-fu-ck-en-li-ev-ab-le!

This would be like letting Tim Mcveigh out for Christmas (if he was here)--- the wheels are falling off the world

/Time for a beer
/Good night all

#55 honest scrutiny 10/23/2006 04:36PM PDT

#47 new_tommy

whoa! thanks for the link, new_tommy.

maybe i'm being too hard on schapelle corby.

and yeah, letting killers go free sucks.

that's just another good reason to boycott indonesia.

#56 rickl 10/23/2006 04:37PM PDT

I suppose a successful jihad attack against infidels constitutes "good conduct".

#57 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:38PM PDT

I take that back. 11.5% of exports from Indonesia go to the United States. The previous number was imports. Australia doesn't import enough from Indonesia to even merit a mention. Malaysia is the smallest importer listed in the CIA World Factbook and it comes in at 4%.

#58 NoSubmission 10/23/2006 04:39PM PDT

Don't need to go to Indonesia. Forget that! Not that I ever even wanted to. A friend of mine went, she loved it, except she said the Muslims there were very rude and angry. And this was long before 9.11.01.

#59 new_tommy 10/23/2006 04:41PM PDT

Here is more information on Australian-Indonesian trade relations.

#60 martelbrigade 10/23/2006 04:41PM PDT

Thanks new_tommy

#61 Killgore Trout 10/23/2006 04:44PM PDT

#58 NoSubmission
I've been there a few times, gorgeous country beaches to die for and great food (I like curry, coconut and seafood). My only complaint was the poisonous sea snakes.

#62 ratman 10/23/2006 04:45PM PDT

Australian drug mules = DEATH

Islamist murderers = RAMADAN PARTY

You would think it would be a grand gesture of faith and cultural understanding to pardon.
Just imagine how many Google news talking points Indonesia would get if they were smart enough to realise the propaganda potential.

The religion of Peace = Infidels not welcome.

#67 Mark1957 10/23/2006 04:52PM PDT

Bad news: Indonesia releases two Bali bombers.

Good news: This action clears the field for the Aussies to administer a "Hellfire Enema" to these two dickwads.

#68 Da_Beerfreak 10/23/2006 04:56PM PDT

Unfortunately the gutless rule the West. If anyone had the balls to stand up to this shite, a 200% tariff on Indonesian goods would be a place to start. You know, a little good old fashion economic warfare.

#69 NoSubmission 10/23/2006 04:56PM PDT

61 Killgore Trout

The beaches and food sound good, but I prefer to keep my limbs, skin, face, life.

#73 Odinist 10/23/2006 05:01PM PDT

All the great suggestions here tonight on how to deal with the two terrorists being released... and what WILL be done?

NOTHING... as usual...

No wonder the terrorists feel safe in Islamic countries. Even if they are caught, convicted, and jailed, all they have to do is 'be on good behavior' until the next Ramadan is over...

Disgusting, truly disgusting...

#69 NoSubmission
I'd love to travel in the muslim world again. Indonesia, N Africa, and the ME are off my vacation list too.

#77 Bbungle 10/23/2006 05:04PM PDT

Guess W can invite them to the WH now, to celebrate the end of Ramadanadingdong.

There is a sure cure for stupid, but I would get my ass banned if I said what it was. {;-)

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop