Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34629 - 19 Oct 06 01:22 Restaurant Review --- D'cost Seafood Kemang
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
New restaurant that deserves a shout out is this little beauty. Not good for a romantic meal for two but if you are looking for a place to go with family or a big group of friends then this is the place.

All new and sparkly the place is well designed, modern and very clean. Staff were very good (especially the little cute girl with amazing eyes who kept smiling at me - no really she did!!).

A wide variety of seafood dishes available (Squid, Shrimp, Fish, Mussels, Crabs Ö the list goes on and on!) and the prices are stupidly cheap as itís an opening special.

First time I checked it out the bill for 10 people was only 400,000 and there was a lot of food ordered. Second time I went down and this is the real tip kids ... bill was 250,000 and a gold credit card came out. We were told that on Mondays anybody who pays with a gold credit card can pay whatever they want! Cheap git with the gold credit card paid just 100,000 and nobody said a thing!

The place is near Izzi Pizza --- you canít miss it.

Oh one last thing. Avoid the smoking section ... its one tiny room and the smell will put you off your food! Go none smoking and nip outside for a smoke!

#34716 - 19 Oct 06 06:08 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: chewwyUK]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
now you're working at that restaurant as a marketing, cheww wink

#34719 - 19 Oct 06 06:35 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

always nice to share a good find .. people are quick to complain .. but also important to to give credit when you find something good

#34723 - 19 Oct 06 07:12 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: chewwyUK]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Chew, there are like 10 Izzi Pizzas in Jakarta. Which one is it near and does this seafood place have a name? Or is it like one of those open-air market deals?

#34726 - 19 Oct 06 08:12 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: riccardo]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
ofcourse the one in kemang...I guess, because it says.. D'cos KEMANG?!

#34728 - 19 Oct 06 08:18 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: Lulu]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
you're a fuckin' genius, lulu.

#34730 - 19 Oct 06 08:23 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Don't be cynical ku, just trying help Ricci, who is probably still stuck figuring out how the washing machine worksgrin

#34737 - 20 Oct 06 00:35 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: Lulu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Lulu is right riccardo ... the header says The name of the place and the area .... D'cos Seafood ,,, Kemang. You can miss it .... its huge with a massive sign ... I think they will soon open up in Klapa Gading and Bandung

Check out the attachment for menu

Attachments
13-untitled.JPG

#34744 - 20 Oct 06 01:01 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
yep, the menu is cheap as chips. i wonder how long they can hold such prices?

anyway, not much good for me. i have this long-standing aversion to indonesian seafood.

#34746 - 20 Oct 06 02:03 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: chewwyUK]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: chewwyUK
Lulu is right riccardo ... the header says The name of the place and the area .... D'cos Seafood ,,, Kemang. You can miss it .... its huge with a massive sign ... I think they will soon open up in Klapa Gading and Bandung

Check out the attachment for menu

well..well..thanx for the info about the menu cheww, one day..I wanna try come there..you wanna come with me cheww wink

#34748 - 20 Oct 06 03:31 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Aha, yes I did not see the full title of the thread, but thanks for pointing it out Lu.
Anyway sounds like a good place.

#45953 - 24 Feb 07 06:47 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: riccardo]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Went there today for lunch.

Three Words: two thumbs up

Best value for the money spent in town for seafood in terms of taste, service and comfort.

too bad its really far from where I live ... frown

#45961 - 24 Feb 07 08:18 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: Shesca]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Shesca
Went there today for lunch.

Three Words: two thumbs up

Best value for the money spent in town for seafood in terms of taste, service and comfort.

too bad its really far from where I live ... frown

too bad, I couldn'y join you, Shes frown
I had planning for coming to D'cost but really don't have time..and yeah..so far from my office area and my home sweet home wink

#45977 - 24 Feb 07 23:29 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Haha.. no problem Jokie.

May be next time ya...

#47276 - 12 Mar 07 03:40 Re: Restaurant Tip --- D'cos Seafood Kemang [Re: Shesca]
JHVH1 Offline
Member+

Loc: Tegal
I don't see beer on the menu. Is it just me, or does the thought of eating seafood without a coldie send a chill up your spine?

Moderator:  NetCop