Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105297 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Tyrannosaurus rump
T.rump is a tyrant lizard with small hands and an even smaller brain
Fossil evidence suggests that Tyrannosaurus rump used its ridiculously tiny hands to grab pussies
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34529 - 18 Oct 06 02:28 need a guide in Jakarta ?
cornelia Offline

Loc: South Jakarta
hey ... my name is Lia, and i'm 23 years old.. ahaha i think its not important..
i just want to help u people from around the world... i can be ur good guide.. if u wanna get travel in Jakarta, Indonesia.
i know much about Jakarta and i will try my best to be your guide...

contact me soon if u need me ...

thx a lot

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#34545 - 18 Oct 06 02:57 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: cornelia]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Hi Cornelia, so nice of you to offer. I'm new in Jakarta. I would like to know where all the best places are to have whiskey and pork chops for lunch this week? Preferrably a nice bar/cafe with semi-nude dancing girls.

Also which mosque is the best place to go for free food in the evening, do they have a BYOB policy?

#34555 - 18 Oct 06 03:19 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: riccardo]
cornelia Offline

indonesia is a moslem country .. its hard to find pork restaurant.. but there're many in china town... like Glodok .. but i dont think that they sell whiskey... or maybe u can try in Pecenongan... in central jakarta...

by the way... where u come from ? are u moslem ? and u eat pork ?hehehehe

#34559 - 18 Oct 06 03:25 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: cornelia]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I come from Israel. I'm not a muzzie. I eat pork and drink a lot of alcohol.

I thought you wanted to be a guide? A real guide would know all the hottest bars. Perhaps you could use a guide to show you around the hot bars and clubs in Jakarta. Talk to Kuku or Balibob or Dilli or Piss Salon or Chewwwy.

#34564 - 18 Oct 06 03:43 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: riccardo]
cornelia Offline

hahahah i'm not a guide like that.. i know many place in jakarta. but for the club or bars i dont know much .. i more interest with indonesian culture.. so if u want to go to monumen or museum, i can be ur guide... i'm not a night girl... sorry 4 it..
sometimes i go to clubs with my friends.. but not much .. and i dont give a damn to small club or bars here in jakarta.. coz its only about to find a girl... not listening to the musci or ave a dance ...
why u people like to go to small clubs or bars... ? never try to go to the big good club ? like embassy , Bliss, wonderbar, etc? although its cost a lot, but its realy fun...

#34566 - 18 Oct 06 03:53 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: cornelia]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Embassy, Bliss, Wonderbar??? Why we don't go? Because It's filled with silly little teenagers and ABG, who only drink Aqua and Fanta.....Boooooooringg! Actually most bars I go to are just totally cool to hang out with friends, drink beer and watch sports -- we don't even look at "bar-cewek" types anyway.

How long have you lived in Jakarta? You actually sound like you are new here.

#34569 - 18 Oct 06 04:01 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: riccardo]
cornelia Offline

no its not about ABG and teenager... depen on what day u come up there.. if u come at thursday .. or wednesday .. yes u are... there only ABG! BLISS is abg place... i know that.. but that place is more intelectuall.. not like the small bars and club...
like in jalan jaksa,,, several times i go there... and i cant feel the comfort.. people staring at me and want to hang up with me.. a lil bit affraid talking with stranger in realu life..
so where do u go often ?> only in jalan jaksa ? ever tried go to kemang or jalan falatehan, blok M?

i was bord in Jakarta.. anyway

#34572 - 18 Oct 06 04:17 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: cornelia]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

You don't know the right places to go in jaksa. Memories, Betawi, BFC, Pappa are for ignorant tourists -- both Indonesian tourists and Int'l tourists -- and just like flies to shit, those cafes attract whores, banci, drug dealers and gay guys.

So if you went in one of those places people would think you're an Indonesian villager looking for "*something*". It's better to go with a couple friends (including at least one male friend) to the other cool places with no tourists or whores... BUT, of course, only the really cool people "know" where those places are.

I have friends who own bars in Blok M, but rarely go there, unless they invite for some kind of anniversary or something. As for Kemang, been there done that tooooo much. I used to go a long time ago, but it sucks nowadays. Hopefully the new EP (also a friend) will get it back going again.

#34573 - 18 Oct 06 04:25 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: riccardo]
cornelia Offline

i ever go to jalan jaksa with friends.. we're only 3. 2 gals and 1 man.. yeah maybe i got wrong place to hang out in jln jaksa..
so where do u ussually go ? maybe we can change .. u be my guide here.. hehehehe

#34574 - 18 Oct 06 04:36 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: cornelia]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Can't tell you unless we've decided that you are one of the cool people. Stay on JakChat for a couple weeks so people can get to know you and then see if find out where the cool places are for the real "in crowd" of hip, cool people.

BTW, how many months/weeks have you been living in Jakarta?? And where's your hometown, Sumut??

#34575 - 18 Oct 06 04:46 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: riccardo]
cornelia Offline

i told u that i was born in jakarta.. so i lived here.. 4 23 years...

#34627 - 19 Oct 06 01:00 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: cornelia]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

hmm -- all this talk about cool places. Personally I feel variety is the spice of life - sometimes you want a drink amongst friends in a dingy backstreet bar, sometimes stadium to dance .... and sometimes, just sometimes I have a taste for chicken hehe

#34679 - 19 Oct 06 03:33 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: cornelia]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: cornelia
hey ... my name is Lia, and i'm 23 years old.. ahaha i think its not important..
i just want to help u people from around the world... i can be ur good guide.. if u wanna get travel in Jakarta, Indonesia.
i know much about Jakarta and i will try my best to be your guide...

contact me soon if u need me ...

thx a lot

hey Lia, my job also is a guide..guide for anytimes and anywhere.. wink laugh

#34803 - 20 Oct 06 12:43 Re: need a guide in Jakarta ? [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
southside Offline

Loc: southside of jakarta
hey riccardo .. where are u >?

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News