Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34204 - 13 Oct 06 06:05 SEE SBY SPEAK
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta

The Jakarta Foreign Correspondents Club is pleased to announce that it will host a discussion panel that will focus on the results of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's first two-years in office.

The SBY panel, timed to coincide with SBY’s second year anniversary of taking office, will look at the perceived successes and failures of Yudhoyono’s government.

In a tumultuous two years, Yudhoyono has weathered, among other things, the biblical-like disaster of the December 2004 tsunami, a currency mini-crisis in August–September 2005, a second Bali bombing in October 2005 and the Yogyakarta earthquake in May 2006. In between he managed to get nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his government’s efforts to end the conflict in Aceh.

How has Yudhoyono performed in the face of these crises and has the series of disasters he’s faced derailed his electoral pledges to halve poverty and unemployment rates and put Indonesia firmly back on the road to sustainable economic recovery?

These are just some of the questions that will be considered by our panelists who will include:

1. Mr. Sofyan Wanandi, local businessman and representative of the Indonesian Employers Association, or APINDO.
2. Mr. Andi Mallaranggeng, Presidential spokesman.
3. Mrs. Gadis Arivia – Founder of Yayasan Jurnal Perempuan.

PLEASE NOTE the event will be held in the afternoon:

Day/date : Wednesday, 18 October 2006
Time : 14.00-16.00
Venue : Mandarin Hotel, Thamrin Room, 4th floor
Cost : Rp. 80,000 for JFCC members,
Rp. 180,000 for non-members (Snacks, coffee and tea will be served for those not observing Ramadan)

Please confirm your attendance by email at jfcc@cbn.net.id by Tuesday, 17 October at 17.00

The JFCC Executive Committee

Cash payment should be made at the registration desk. Please note that once you have confirmed your booking, if not cancelled 24 hours before the function, you will be charged the full cost. Cancellation must be made in writing and email to jfcc@cbn.net.id or phone 0818 607 928.

#34306 - 14 Oct 06 06:02 Re: SEE SBY SPEAK [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
"See SBY speak"?????

Is he actually speaking or is it just that panel of 'experts'.

#34307 - 14 Oct 06 06:07 Re: SEE SBY SPEAK [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Nah, there will be as always, a cardboard cutout of SBY sitting on Yusef Kalla's knee while Kalla drinks a Bintang!

#34312 - 14 Oct 06 06:20 Re: SEE SBY SPEAK [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Oh you are right piss, I just browsed the email I got and forwarded it here, didn't read carefully enough, oops.

#34319 - 14 Oct 06 06:38 Re: SEE SBY SPEAK [Re: riccardo]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
yusuf kalla drinks bintang? nay..he is muslim! muslim dont drink alcohol though. dont believe me? ask the mood god!

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop