Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34052 - 11 Oct 06 10:51 Chiangi
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
So here I am, just about to leave Singapore to fly back to good old Jakarta, doing my second and final visa run for the year. So I thought I would use the gracious gift of free internet that Chiangi Airport provides.

Although Singapore reminds me of all of the function and fun the world can provide, I still hate every trip. My fun is limited by the fact that I am not here for more than 18 hours, and i spend most of the time in a type of frozen mind set, just waiting to leave. This trip was a little more fun because I discovered the antibiotics I am taking mix very well with Tiger beer, which gives me a state of detachedness and passed teh time very quickly, ....brb, my 15 minutes are up!

Peter Kay

#34053 - 11 Oct 06 10:55 Re: Chiangi [Re: Magpie]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Antibioitics, gota dose then son?

#34054 - 11 Oct 06 10:58 Re: Chiangi [Re: Magpie]
Magpie Offline
Member**

Anyway, why is it I really miss civilisation in Bad Dung, but my first contact with it, Singapore, turns me back off the whole idea? Is Singapore really civilisation, or is it just a glossed over, Asian hellhole?

What's more, it's not like you can even pass the time lying about in one of the parks, enjoying a quiet ciggarette and passing the time, the heat totally prevents that. So instead you spend the time drinking beer, smoking, and trying to situate your arse as close to an air-conditioning unit as possible.

The only bonus in this particular trip was the purchase of the best of Bjork for only $5 singa dollars....

As a very famous singer once wrote.....stuck in an mobile with the Memphis city Blues again

Take care all, just time for one more cancer still (with cloves) and then off we go again......hope Indo immigration are in a good mood (fat chance)

P.S. Kuku, site looks bloody amazing

Ayo!

Peter Kay

#34055 - 11 Oct 06 10:59 Re: Chiangi [Re: Magpie]
Magpie Offline
Member**

No does, I got something nicer.....Stomach problems due to dysentery.......Same woman for the last 3 years, how about you sunshine?

Later gator

Peter Kay

#34100 - 12 Oct 06 03:40 Re: Chiangi [Re: Magpie]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Cannot complain, sorry I did not get back to you last night, something came up with work and I was bussy until about 9:30... Agree with you on S'pore......

Moderator:  NetCop