Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105295 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
bull mother fucking shit
The response for when someone is telling huge porkies.
Tony: I always clean up after myself.
Sharon: Bull mother fucking shit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33916 - 10 Oct 06 05:20 is there anyone here can help Jokie
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Assalamu'alaikum teman-teman, g'day guys.. smile
Oh God, I love my study, I love my major, I love all the lesson or the subjects in my major but one of them I didn't like too much..namely;philosophy science frown
and now I have a duty to make a paper about Greek philosophy, modern, positivism...ect, I dint sleep too much because of that..thingking hard! reading some of books but otak-ku tetap buntu!! frown
I went to Perputakaan National in Salemba, went to Kwitang in central Jakarta, trying to find the book that have coleration with the subject..coz my lecturer said, that books are the old books..but I didn't find that cry
so, maybe one of you guys can share to me how can I find the books or you guys can lend me the books...
mybe MT, Riccardo, Piss Salon? or whoever frown
Kuku already lend me smile
thanx much guys

cheerss
Jokie for Lina

Edited by KuKuKaChu (10 Oct 06 06:09)

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#33924 - 10 Oct 06 06:08 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

huhhh no body wanna help jokie ya frown
only PB maybe..
coz he PMed me and he said that he wanna help me, but how come confused he's too far from here frown

#33925 - 10 Oct 06 06:11 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
jok Offline
Member**

Loc: Jakarta
help you tentang apa Jokie girl....?

#33928 - 10 Oct 06 06:19 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: jok]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

I need some books about the pilosophy espcially "Greek Pilosophy"
you have a book about pilosophy, Ela?
I confusing now! too hard to find that book!!

#33929 - 10 Oct 06 06:20 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
jok Offline
Member**

I'm sorry Jokie girl..., i don't have that book frown maybe your orang Kanada has? have you ask him? wink

#33932 - 10 Oct 06 06:53 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: jok]
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
I am so sorry Jokie love, I don't have those book, but I'll try to help you, I'll send it (the info) by email, ok smile

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#33934 - 10 Oct 06 07:28 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: jok]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

okie no probs Ela,..I know that pilosophy books is too hard t find coz not very familiar for some people smile
moreover I'm looking for the old one frown
thanx Ela

#33935 - 10 Oct 06 07:30 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Macan Tutul]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

thanx Ana sayang, bingung Lina frown
well, I'm waiting for the new info ya
thanx ya

love

#33941 - 10 Oct 06 08:37 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Jokie, does your university have a library??? If not, then you can surely find some good books at http://www.amazon.com or Kinokuniya (sp?) bookstore in plaza senayan

ANd a million other places on the internet if you go to http://www.google.com -- that is a search engine site, and you just type in the key words and it will give you thousands of articles and journals and all the info you need.

#33946 - 10 Oct 06 09:14 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: riccardo]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

of course-ah ada library but not enough yet..
yups I'm doing now ric, and I found some article about that..

I'm trying hard now, reading and how to undertanding smile
thanx ya smile

#33947 - 10 Oct 06 09:26 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: riccardo
Jokie, does your university have a library???

the libraries of even the top universities in indonesia are pretty sad affairs. not really a practical option.

If not, then you can surely find some good books at http://www.amazon.com or Kinokuniya (sp?) bookstore in plaza senayan

just one text book -- which may only be used for one or two assignments -- will cost about one week's wages for most indonesians. most of whom only scape by in any case.

ANd a million other places on the internet if you go to http://www.google.com -- that is a search engine site, and you just type in the key words and it will give you thousands of articles and journals and all the info you need.

this is probably your most practical suggestion. i would also suggest browsing in wikipedia as a starting point to find some vocabulary that can be used in keyword searches in google.

remember also that wikipedia has an indonesian-language version (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halaman_Utama). sure, not as comprehensive, but still useful as a starting point for further searching.

#33951 - 10 Oct 06 09:57 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I don't believe Amazon actually deliver to Indonesia anyway due to the rampant credit card fraud.

#33953 - 10 Oct 06 10:00 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Piss Salon]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Piss Salon
I don't believe Amazon actually deliver to Indonesia anyway due to the rampant credit card fraud.

good point. just last saturday i tried to pay for something via the internet on a US site. rejected. no reason given. only very very few US sites will accept indonesia-issued credit cards.

#33956 - 10 Oct 06 10:14 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

If she was able to a get a couple of good books via amazon or kinokuniya, she could then make dozens of photocopies for like Rp10,000-15,000 each and sell those to current classmates or next year's class -- thereby easily paying for the original cost of the books. That's the name of the game at universities here. I had heard that the Amazon thing was ok now, or in a limited way. Maybe one could order stuff directly through one of these book stores.

Another thought Jokie... If you're anywhere near UI, they have a huge, brand new library fully stocked and supposedly quite a good academic resource -- it was, of course, paid for with a giant grant from the good old US of A!

#33957 - 10 Oct 06 10:28 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: riccardo]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
i think Amazon's still alright, I got harry potter delivered through when i was in indo.

#34008 - 11 Oct 06 03:29 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Choc_Cow]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Thanx guys, for the recomendations...
well, I found some books and also the articles that I need for my paper and tomorrow I'm going to Bandung for pick up my all books when I was still in Bandung..and go to Palasari try to find the books that low price but hight qualty..palasari chieper than kwitang smile

#34010 - 11 Oct 06 04:01 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Jokie, where is this Palasari bookstore? And do they carry English books?

#34037 - 11 Oct 06 07:54 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: riccardo]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Jokie, where is this Palasari bookstore? And do they carry English books?

actually Palasari is not a book store but it's like kwitang, you know kwitang, right?
but the most of books in palasari are cheaper than kwitang..

And do they carry English books?of course-lah ric, too many kinds of books there..you wanna come with me tomorrow wink
i'm leaving jakarta at 6.30 pm after office hour wink

#34038 - 11 Oct 06 08:01 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Pooh Bah

yeah, go with her riccardo. you can help her pay for all the books. i'm certain she'll be ever so grateful! wink

#34097 - 12 Oct 06 03:22 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

akhhhhh..Kuku, you deleted my posting again frown
why sehhhh? don't you like it, if I post here?? frown cry

#34103 - 12 Oct 06 03:53 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Jokie Jokie Girl
akhhhhh..Kuku, you deleted my posting again frown
why sehhhh? don't you like it, if I post here?? frown cry

?! huh?

#34105 - 12 Oct 06 04:04 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Part of any good univ. education, is teaching oneself *how* to conduct research, it's not merely handing in the final paper, but the entire journey that got one to that end.

#34733 - 19 Oct 06 09:27 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: riccardo]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

well, hope don't bother ya!
i need some info about the books of Hebermas Philisophy

#34736 - 19 Oct 06 23:22 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Pooh Bah

would you like us to do your homework as well?

#34747 - 20 Oct 06 02:21 Re: is there anyone here can help Jokie [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
would you like us to do your homework as well?

i didn't mean that Ku, I just want to know about the info of Hebermas Philosophy???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website