Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33784 - 09 Oct 06 05:30 Racist little thangs
preman Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
So there are these two bloggers, both Jakarta-based Asian fellas, one seems to be of Vietnamese descent, the other seems to be a Chinese-Indonesian.

Anyway, they both claim -- in the bios they've written about themselves -- to be sooooo educated, and yet they are soooooo incredibly backward and ignorant.

They make these sweeping judgments and stereotypes about white men in Indonesia and Indonesian country girls. They rant on in quite disgusting detail about local girls, who hook up with stupid, horny, beer-swigging "bule men".

And they say that these girls have "bucked teeth, black skin, high foreheads" and are "slutty and uneducated" and look like "pembantu" (house servant).

I don't know much about much, but there is a proverb of sorts that goes something like this: 'Never cast stones WHEN you live in a glass house.'

The saying could just as easily be: 'never bitch about girls with dark skin and bad teeth OR white guys with beer bellies and a taste for ayam WHEN you are a slimy little slope-headed, pock-faced, sexually inadequate creep with the tiniest hands of any man on the planet.' (I don't mean a thang by this, I'm not racist, I'm just pointing out what I see)

#33786 - 09 Oct 06 05:33 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: preman]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Not holding anything back here are we? He He He

#33789 - 09 Oct 06 05:52 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Dilli]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i know what preman is referring to. there are bun fights going on in certain indonesian blogger sites at the moment, with apparently "educated" indonesians exposing themselves for the racists they are.

#33794 - 09 Oct 06 06:32 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Hey Preman, nice one. I've read those blogs in the past week and was nauseated by their tone, their arrogance and most of all their inferiority complexes -- because ugly fat white guys get all the girls, in every country of the world; and these kooks cannot get 'em anywhere because for ALL females on this planet, guys like them are the very definition of ugly and disgusting and inadequate.

Edited by riccardo (09 Oct 06 08:42)

#33798 - 09 Oct 06 07:38 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: riccardo]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Those people seems to be the most stupid "high educated" folks I heard about. Or I must say; the most frustrated "high educated" people. They just spit their venom at us to feel better about themselves, and that kind of habit make them stupid to my eyes. My real problem is there's some people in those chat forum stupid enough (or frustrated enough) to believe in and encourage that racist propaganda.

#33805 - 09 Oct 06 08:44 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: preman]
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
I know some of these people, they're not happy with their life so they point out and dig out other people weakness, so they would feel better

#33806 - 09 Oct 06 09:09 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: D'ruby]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

That IS VERY funny, Ruby. That's just what I suspected, that they probably are pissed off and sexually frustrated and sexually inadequate and then they see these guys around town with any girl they want (sometimes pretty , sometimes ugly but who are they to judge anyway) and it just kills them inside. Ha ha haaaaa.

#33807 - 09 Oct 06 09:26 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: riccardo]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Jealousy guys! It's all about jealously.

#33809 - 09 Oct 06 09:33 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: D'ruby]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: D'ruby
I know some of these people, they're not happy with their life so they point out and dig out other people weakness, so they would feel better

Yeah, little they know, doing such things only make them even more bitter day by day. It's like digging the hole by yourself, bigger and bigger, until you really get trap in it.

Edited by laluna (09 Oct 06 09:35)

#33810 - 09 Oct 06 09:45 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Lulu]
Pooh Bah

the worst are the snobby "upper class" indonesian girls who can't seem to stand that a bule male would choose a "lower class" girl before them! i for one would prefer a sincere "ugly", "lower class" gal anyday before some dolled up, bitch-faced snobby woman. these snobs just don't get it: most bules males choose to be with the women they are with because they actually like them in some way or another. "breeding" and class are irrelevant; attitude is everything.

#33812 - 09 Oct 06 11:24 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Patung Offline
Member++

I couldn't work out the slutty + pembantu thing, those two words just don't go together round my way.

#33813 - 09 Oct 06 11:28 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Patung]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: patung
I couldn't work out the slutty + pembantu thing, those two words just don't go together round my way.

indeed. pembantus are typically modest, conservative and moral. unlike their employers.

#33818 - 09 Oct 06 11:40 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I dispute that last statement!

Our "Pembatu" is docile, happy. laughing and fastidious. More to the point, I had no part of the selection process!

Would I fuck her - no! Nothing to do with her looks. its just a "don't shit on your own doorstep" kind of thing!

Anyway. moreover I'm a clean living guy!

#33819 - 09 Oct 06 11:48 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

In addition to patung's site www.indonesiamatters.com, there are a few other bloggers discussing this subject. I'd encourage folks to post comments on these other sites, but don't give the "offending" sites any traffic -- they are just disturbed psychos with a real nasty little complex about their thangs.

http://jakartass.blogspot.com/
http://indcoup.blogspot.com/
http://greenstump.blogspot.com/

Edited by riccardo (09 Oct 06 11:51)

#33820 - 09 Oct 06 12:17 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
the worst are the snobby "upper class" indonesian girls who can't seem to stand that a bule male would choose a "lower class" girl before them! i for one would prefer a sincere "ugly", "lower class" gal anyday before some dolled up, bitch-faced snobby woman. these snobs just don't get it: most bules males choose to be with the women they are with because they actually like them in some way or another. "breeding" and class are irrelevant; attitude is everything.

Yes, you right. Even as a woman i can say that most in every ocassions or matters, bitches are more worst than jerks.

#33823 - 09 Oct 06 12:37 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Lulu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Kuku, can you move this thread to the Dewan Pujangga forum. I can see that this may have some negative feedback. The main playesr are already in this forum. Perhaps we dont need this stuff up front and public.

Notable comments can of course be placed on the main board!

#33824 - 09 Oct 06 12:45 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

you're concern is noted, but i think in this case it's misplaced.

you perhaps may have misunderstood riccardo's message. just so that it's clear, the "offending" sites are not those mentioned by riccardo, but other ones. he didn't mention the offensive ones because they don't deserve to get any traffic.

#33825 - 09 Oct 06 12:49 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Accepted! I am aware what happens during situations like this on sensetive issues and was more concerned with the after affects of potential flame wars on the board!

#33826 - 09 Oct 06 12:55 Re: Racist little thangs *DELETED* [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Post deleted by laluna

#33828 - 09 Oct 06 12:59 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Lulu]
Pooh Bah

nah, they really are shitheads. not even worth visiting them. check out the other sites mentioned by riccardo for a full run-down.

it's basically about supposedly "educated" indonesian journalists indulging in anti-bule nonsense. But now they're backtracking and trying to "intellectualise" the issue after they realised they got in over their depth.

#33829 - 09 Oct 06 13:02 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

okie dokie.

#33830 - 09 Oct 06 13:02 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
preman Offline
Member+

In all seriousness, it is true that some white guys in Jakarta pick up local ayam, but everyone -- except for really ignorant, jealous creeps -- knows that these relationships are a nothing but "a marriage of convenience." The guys in question might be here for a short time, and they meet the "available" girls in pubs around town. That's almost natural and happens everywhere on the planet.

I've been in Las Vegas and seen wealthy looking Asian tourists cavorting with sleazy, trailer trash, porch honky girls. But it doesn't bother me. I don't have any reason to judge. If anything, I'm happy that they are both happy and getting what they want out the life they have. It's a "marriage of convenience."

It doesn't mean I would ever think ALL Asian men prefer that sort of women.

AND thankfully, that's what separates me and my ilk from these creepy guys -- particularly the miserable Asian bloggers, who give it voice. They are, sadly, just too ignorant and small-minded to analyze such things like a fleeting sight of a mixed couple at a mall, or what other similarly ignorant, jealous creeps tell them. In short, they are just not ready -- and will never be with those attitudes -- for the globalized world that has seemingly taken them by surprise.

#33832 - 09 Oct 06 13:33 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: preman]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The funniest thing -- and I think these poor bastards understand this all too well -- is that even slightly dim, blue-collared white boys (they call them 'losers') usually know how to treat a woman/girl in bed.

On the other hand, no matter what level of education these miserable local bloggers have, they will never know how to treat a woman -- they know it and women know it! kkkkkching!

#33834 - 09 Oct 06 13:53 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Yeah, you are right they are shitheads! Just read one of it.

#33852 - 10 Oct 06 01:09 Re: Racist little thangs [Re: Lulu]
jok Offline
Member**

Strange... there is racist topic on current affairs & Event.... Preman must be drunk and all of you that been involved in disscussion.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop