Indonesian SAT - Mathematics Paper
1. Agus and Joko are riding on the roofs of two different trains: train A and train B. The two trains are travelling towards each other along the same track. Train A is travelling at 65 kilometers per hour, train B is travelling at 80 kilometers per hour.
Within what fraction of a second will Agus and Joko smash into each other when the two trains collide head on?
2. Ibu Sumarmi is flying home to Padang for Idul Fitri. Her hand luggage consists of:
1 portable karaoke sound system
4 live chickens
1 litre jar of shrimp paste
36 small plastic bags of kerupuk and fried snacks
2 ironing boards
1 cardboard box containing durians and quail eggs
a) If Ibu Sumarmi is first on the plane, how many overhead compartments will she be able to fill with her belongings before other passengers begin to complain?
b) If Ibu Sumarmi is not first on the plane, where the fuck is she going to put all her stuff?
3. Bapak S takes five bribes a day. The average value of each backhander is Rp.400,000 and his government salary is Rp.1,500,000 per month.
How many months will it take for him to save up to buy a big house in Pondok Cabe worth Rp.500,000,000?
4. Pak Damian has an ecstasy laboratory. When he is arrested, the police confiscate his lab and 7,000 pills. Police Chief Bobbo offers to return his stash and forget the whole thing, if Pak Damian pays Rp.200 million to the police 'charity box'.
a) At the current street price, is it worth it?
b) If Pak Damian refuses to pay and does 18 months in Cipinang, how long will it take him back on the street to make up the lost revenue. And how long will it take him to have Police Chief Bobbo 'whacked'?
5. There are three lifts in an office building: lift A, lift B and lift C. The lifts are ascending from the ground floor to the 16th floor. There are ten passengers in each lift and each passenger wants to alight at a different floor.
a) Every time lift A stops a passenger exits first and then another passenger enters.
b) Every time lift B stops a passenger tries to enter first and then a passenger exits.
c) Every time lift C stops two passengers try to enter first, those inside try to move in four directions at the same time, and the passenger who wants to exit tries to walk through the mirror.
Which lift will take longest to get to the top?
6. Rini and Lia sell pirated DVDs in a mall. Today, their stall, which has a supply of 3000 DVDs, sells three types of film only: action, horror and nausea, in the ratio of 1:2:7.
How many horror films are displayed at their stall?
a) 200 b) 300
c) 400 d) 600
And how long will it take Rini and Lia to get the tarpaulin on when the local police force raid the mall?
Menace to Sobriety