Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33665 - 14 Sep 06 12:46 Wilson's World
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
FROM PATUNG Sept 13:

Sort of reminds of that Tom Hanks film "Cast Away", where the guy stranded on an island becomes very attached to a volleyball, although I think no attempts at sexual relations with it were made, which would be difficult anyhow.

As for Islam and honour, well people would say that it's just a matter of traditional values coming through over the top of Islam but I would say that Islam and traditional ways of life/societies cannot be separated, in fact Islam is traditional society, in the parts of the world where Islam is prevalent.

#33666 - 14 Sep 06 12:49 Re: Wilson's World
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

from riccardo, sept. 13
"WILSON!! WILSON!! DAMN YOU! COME BACK HERE THIS MINUTE, WILSON!! WILSON!?? WILSON?? ... Wilson, I'm sorry for yelling at you ... now come back here...."

#33667 - 14 Sep 06 12:51 Re: Wilson's World
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

from patung

The last scene with Wilson is actually quite moving, he's floating away on the ocean and Hanks can't reach him, and he's bawling his eyes out saying "I'm sorry, I can't", Hanks that is, not the ball.

#33668 - 14 Sep 06 12:56 Re: Wilson's World
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

from PB

Wilson didnt get an oscar nomination for that role....

#33669 - 14 Sep 06 13:05 Re: Wilson's World
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

EXCLUSIVE JakChat INTERVIEW WITH WILSON THE VOLLEYBALL

This is JakChat'S Hollywood Insider, with Riccardo reporting from Malibu, CA at the plush beach home of Wilson The Volleyball, the co-star of Cast Away with Tom Hanks.

HI: So Wilson, it's nice to see you again, you are looking well, a recent airing up, perhaps?

WTV: Oh, yeah, you know, gotta keep up appearances for my adoring fans.

HI: So Mr. W, tell us, were you excited when you got the call from the studio telling you that you got the part?

WTV: Oh for sure, my agent was telling me I had it all along and that I had the most talent, but I was worried they'd give it to the old veteran Spalding The Basketball or the sexy young starlet Adidas The Soccer Ball.

HI: And how was it working with Hanks?

WTV: Ah well you know, Tom is really such a fabulous actor and we really got on swimmingly. He used to come over to my RV on the set after shooting and we'd knock back a couple of beers as he'd reminisce about how he used to play with my sister on the beach when he was a kid.

HI: Was it difficult to hold your tongue during the scenes where he was yelling at you or tossing you around?

WTV: That was by far the hardest part, so many times I would start laughing and we'd have to do another take. Once, I just blurted out "fuck you" and Tom and I begged Carl to keep it in, but ... alas the general public aren't ready, I guess, for a speaking part by sports equipment.

HI: How was that hairdo they gave you with the foliage?

WTV: That foliage 'do was a nightmare, I'm tellin' you. I had to wake up and go to the make-up tent at 4am everyday while shooting those scenes. And gawd it was painful, those grimaces you see me making, that was not acting, that was the real mccoy...

HI: Well great talking to you again Mr. W, hope to see you again on the big screen.

WTV: Thanks, you'll be able see me in a new beach volleyball movie coming up, but I still don't get a speaking role. Ciao Ciao

Moderator:  NetCop