Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33613 - 29 Aug 06 13:24 Tree huggers' big problem
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
There has been some discussion lately in the media and on the net about SBY's plan to make some massive oil palm plantations in the Borneo jungles to produce cleaner, cheaper bio-fuels. But, inevitably we get these wannabe tree huggers whinging like drama queens on 'roids about the ruination of Orangutan habitats.

It's all about personal, mammalian modernization and becoming civilized. Too often we look down on our fellow mammals with slightly different numbers of chromosomes and pontificate in a patronizing and self-righteous manner that "these creatures belong in the jungle".

If modern, fenced-in concrete houses and processed food are good enough for us homo-sapiens, then I believe we have to show equal respect for our fellow mammals and not stifle their civilized development by saying "they BELONG in the jungle". It's racism of the worst kind, kinda like the slave-owners of 200 years ago, who, simply could not even fathom that their black slaves were equal in any way and therefore should also be given the same rights and priviliges as white humans.

Bio-fuels are the way of the future and much more environmental friendly than current gasoline/crude oil. Have we ever bothered asking Orangutans if they'd like to go upmarket, away from those god-forsaken jungles and move into a cushy European or N. American zoo? Or even those nice little jungle orangutan centers where they are coddled and cared for by the likes of Julia Roberts? C'mon if you were an orangutan wouldn't you rather be fed bananas by movie starlets in a nice jungle villa rather than being stalked by tigers and mosquitoes out in the jungle?

I say buy bio-fuel stocks and take your kids to the zoo or special orangutan resorts (and duly pay full price -- even make a donation). Everbody, including the orangutans, will be happier and healthier -- and eventually they will become independent homeowners moving into your neighborhood. More power to 'em.

So go SBY and do the right thing.

#33614 - 29 Aug 06 13:37 Re: Tree huggers' big problem
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
Remember, we almost run out of the jungles here, they clear the land on excuses of better economic and other craps bla, bla, bla, but look, most Indo people still living in poor, now all the disaster come in flood, land-slides etc etc coz the jungle has gone

And, and, where else I could live... frown

#33615 - 29 Aug 06 13:41 Re: Tree huggers' big problem
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
those damn monkeys should stop standing in the way of progress, and start evolving. we can't be supporting them forever, it's time they stood on their own two feet, so to speak. or they could immigrate to australia. i hear sydney takes just about anyone, no passport required. so, apeshits, just stop the whining and evolve for god's sake!

#33616 - 29 Aug 06 13:46 Re: Tree huggers' big problem
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

What have Orangutans ever done for me?

do they care about me?

fuck em!

#33617 - 29 Aug 06 13:53 Re: Tree huggers' big problem
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Thought you got a blow job of one in Singapore!

#33618 - 29 Aug 06 13:55 Re: Tree huggers' big problem
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
yeah, right on PB! i'm sick of hearing about these apes and their stupid jungle. they have choices. they don't have to live in the path of human progress. why can't they just get a job, like everyone else? living on WWF handouts is no way to live.

and the treehuggers? seems these morons have never heard about Darwin, survival of the fittest and all that. not our fault that we're way out in front of the apemen on the evolutionary path.

#33619 - 29 Aug 06 13:59 Re: Tree huggers' big problem
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Take a look at me.

when my North Pole began to melt away, I slipped on a human disguise and headed south.

HEY -

HEY - maybe some fucking orangutangs did the same. Has anyone ACTUALLY seen Dillis passport..... smile

Anyone tried to unzip the Scotsman suit off him? smile

Look at those facial features, then look at an orangutang.... smile

#33620 - 29 Aug 06 14:02 ..
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar

Edited by riccardo (15 Oct 06 03:49)

#34354 - 15 Oct 06 03:43 Re: Tree huggers' big problem [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Tree huggers can now go even higher -- NO i'm not talking about fat bong hits -- actual trees in California.

Up until a few weeks ago, the record height for a tree was held by 112.8-metre-tall (370 feet) giant redwood in northern California, then a team at Humboldt State University found a 115.2-metre (378 feet -- about the same as a 45-story skyscraper!!) specimen in California's Redwood National Park.

Humboldt county in CA's far north, btw, is home to arguably the best "marriage-a-wanna" on this planet. I'm not sure, however, if there is a scientific correlation to these tall trees there or just mere coincidence.

Here's a quick description of Humboldt from hempevolution.org

"Humboldt County is known for one thing: marijuana. The county, located in the northern tip of California, is referred to as the marijuana capitol of North America, and has been mentioned in countless rap songs. It is home to the best hemp this side of Amsterdam, and with it comes an unparalleled reputation.

Humboldt State University, located in the city of Arcata, is well known for its reputation as a “stoner” college. A recent issue of High Times magazine named Humboldt State number 8 in its list of the “Top 10 cannabis colleges.”"

http://www.hempevolution.org/media/sacramento_state_hornet/ssh050907.htm

Moderator:  NetCop