Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105296 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Hot Donald
A large, fresh dump.
Do you mind if I use your restroom? I'm about to have a Hot Donald.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33581 - 12 Aug 06 20:21 Mindless RI Muzzies
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
It continues to amaze me at the almost total ignorance of the people and media here in Indonesia. Not a single one of them, including FM Hassan Wirayuda, nor the JP even know what the word "Palestine" means. It is merely a geographical land -- currently shared by the State of Israel and the Palestinian territories of Gaza and the West Bank. I am shocked to see headlines like "Israel launches strike against Palestine" That'd be similar to "Taiwan attacks Formosa" or "The UK attacks British Isles"... sheesh idiots.

Further, why do Indonesians even bother to get so stressed out about something that in NO WAY affects them?? Aren't there enough problems to worry about right here in TANAH AIR -- #1 corruption in the world, Papua separatism, millions of starving children, Bird Flu, HIV, high fuel prices, high unemployment, the worst education system in Asia, rights violations, gangs of terrorists roaming free and economic recovery, just to name a few....

Finally, before mindlessly berating Israel, I think it'd be instructive if Indonesians were to ask themselves what they'd do if a big terror group in Malaysia kidnapped some TNI boys and started launching hundreds of rockets at Medan or Batam killing innocent Indonesian women and children??? And the govt of KL could not (or would not) stop them from doing it?? I want to know. What WOULD Would Indonesia DO?

#33582 - 12 Aug 06 22:46 Re: Mindless RI Muzzies
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
In the case of such events, Indonesia would allow protests on the roundabout opposite Plaza Indonesia!

#33583 - 13 Aug 06 15:25 Re: Mindless RI Muzzies
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by riccardo:
... what they'd do if a big terror group in Malaysia kidnapped some TNI boys and started launching hundreds of rockets at Medan or Batam killing innocent Indonesian women and children??? And the govt of KL could not (or would not) stop them from doing it?? I want to know. What WOULD Indonesia DO?
indoneisa would write really nasty letters to the editor. they would burn malaysian flags. they would stop all traffic along Jl Jend Sudirman and Jl Thamrin for months on end.

THAT'LL LEARN 'EM!!!

#33584 - 13 Aug 06 16:58 Re: Mindless RI Muzzies
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

The really bad news is this:

Firstly, the insurgent forces of Hezbollah have proved far better equipped and trained than previously though. Israel has struggled to do what it did so easily 20 years ago walk into Southern Lebanon. The lesson, that they should NOT have moved out, is patently clear. The second lesson is Israel will not be able to do this again without major escalation. And mark my words, Hezbollah will simply go back to firing missiles into Israel, and making minor attacks on Israeli army positions.

Secondly, we can now see the sheer power of Islamic forces, who can fight both conventional insurgent warfare, and terrorist warfare.

We CANNOT continue fighting Marquise of Queensbury rules against these assholes.

Make no mistake, if the world allowed Israel to conduct total warfare on Hezbollah, it would be over within 2 weeks.

To win you have to destroy the will of the people. You must destroy all food sand water stocks. You must hit every aid column. You must hit EVERY piece of civilian infrastructure. You must destroy everything in your path.

This form of warfare, total warfare, has been known for generations. Now is the time to use it.

When the whole of Lebanon is an uninhabitable smoking ruin, then Hezbollah will be beaten. Until then, no UN order will work.

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website