Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105296 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
small hands
A male physical attribute with implications of having a small cock.
"Yo Rich, what up wit yo small hands?"
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33414 - 29 Jun 06 22:12 Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Despite what these UN dopes say about the Congo, the winner and still champ is Suharto and the East German women... read to bottom.

"There are few places on earth where the gap between humanitarian needs and available resources is as large -- or as lethal."

-- Jan Egeland, United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, as quoted in a Reuters background report on the situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Some 1,200 people die every day in the DRC from a lethal combination of disease and hunger caused by the war that officially ended in 2003 and ongoing conflict and displacement; close to 4 million people have died since 1998 from violence and war-related illness, according to studies by US-based aid agency International Rescue Committee (IRC).

"Congo is the deadliest conflict anywhere in the world over the past 60 years," said Richard Brennan, IRC's health director.[/b

That's 4 million over a period of 8 years from 1998 to 2006, AND as they say about 1,200 a day are being killed!

HOWEVER, Suharto and his gangsters, helped out by the CIA, killed 3 million in about a year and a half from late 1965 to 1967, [b]AND THAT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF 5,500 people murdered each and every day!!
That puts the the Congo, the Nazi regime and the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia to SHAME! So I believe Suharto can rest easy that his record for KILLING EFFICIENCY RATIO (known affectionately by the acronym KER) will still stand. LONG LIVE Pak Harto! Suharto's KER record, along with the East German Women's athletics team 4x100 relay (set in 1985) are two of the most dominant and seemingly untouchable records in the annals of sport!

#33415 - 01 Jul 06 16:37 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I have a photo pictorial of The East German Women's team coming later this weekend, stay tuned.

#33416 - 01 Jul 06 17:58 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Interestingly, the blanket to the right is a standard issue Australian army blanket circa 1965.....

where the fuck did that come from....

#33417 - 01 Jul 06 18:17 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Did a quick search of 'Mandro' on the bottom left of the photo and got hits for Chief Kahwa Mandro and a Mandro camp. Was there a story to go with the headless bloke? It is pretty safe to assume he didn't lose it from laughing too hard.

Australians in the Congo? Martinkus seems to hint they are in East Timor. As in involved in an attempted coup. Anyone see his piece in the Post?

#33418 - 01 Jul 06 18:26 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
branmac Offline
Member+

Loc: Australia
I didnt see it PS. Can you send me a copy. I would not be surprised if our Mr Howard is up to something.

#33419 - 01 Jul 06 18:51 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:
Interestingly, the blanket to the right is a standard issue Australian army blanket circa 1965.....

didn't you "inherit" a warehouse full of such blankets some time back??

#33420 - 02 Jul 06 15:30 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The East German Women's 4x100 relay team. The only group on par with Suharto's outstanding sporting achievement of 5,500 murders per day for a 1.5 years.
[img]http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/1221477.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1938C243813AD04EFAE66A89D992D482B1A[/img]

A Handsome looking group of gals to say the least.

#33421 - 02 Jul 06 15:55 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

[img]http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/52009644.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=F8518A8D41481246B14F3B4B425C247D[/img]

The greatest in the annals of sport

#33422 - 02 Jul 06 16:43 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
Patung Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally posted by riccardo:

HOWEVER, Suharto and his gangsters, helped out by the CIA, killed 3 million in about a year and a half from late 1965 to 1967, AND THAT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF 5,500 people murdered each and every day!! That puts the the Congo, the Nazi regime and the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia to SHAME! So I believe Suharto can rest easy that his record for KILLING EFFICIENCY RATIO (known affectionately by the acronym KER) will still stand. LONG LIVE Pak Harto! Suharto's KER record, along with the East German Women's athletics team 4x100 relay (set in 1985) are two of the most dominant and seemingly untouchable records in the annals of sport!
I'll admit to being still pretty pro-Suharto overall. I'll also admit to being pernickety about figures, I had thought the estimates for the deaths in 65/66/67 ranged in the low hundreds of thousands to a million and some.

Plus, from my limited study of some of the killings in East Java it seems much of the activity was very localised, local groups, religious and military, taking things into their own hands. Doubtful if you can blame the old man for all of it, even much of it, let alone the CIA. People in authority do have a responsibility to stop nasty things from happening, if they can, but the nastiness originates in places other than the leaders, often.

#33423 - 02 Jul 06 17:21 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Suharto's KER record does include those who perished in prison camps, refugee camps and "in the hills" from starvation, illness or torture up through 1967.

The "localised groups" did nothing without clear approval from the top.

In oct. '65 Soeharto immediately got together at least 45 mass organizations under the umbrella name KAP-Gestapu (Action Front to Crush the Sept. 30 Movement), led by Subchan Z.E., vice chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama, and Harry Tjan Silalahi of the Catholic Party. They organized rallies and hit squads from 4 Oct. 1965 onward and were directed by Soeharto himself. For more on this see:
(see Harold Crouch's, "The Army and Politics" OR Gusti Agung Ayu Ratih's, "Soeharto's New ORder State")

#33424 - 02 Jul 06 18:53 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:

didn't you "inherit" a warehouse full of such blankets some time back??
My wife threw me out with nothing. My RQM took pity on my and gave me a few. I still have them.

Made at Warrnambool in the mid 1960s.

#33425 - 02 Jul 06 21:00 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Likely these blankets could've been donated from Oz to the refugee camps

#33426 - 03 Jul 06 14:40 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Likely these blankets could've been donated from Oz to the refugee camps
Yes, I concur. In fact I know of several hundred that were given to one charity.

#33427 - 03 Jul 06 14:59 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
Patung Offline
Member++

Quote:
Suharto's KER record does include those who perished in prison camps, refugee camps and "in the hills" from starvation, illness or torture up through 1967.

The "localised groups" did nothing without clear approval from the top.

In oct. '65 Soeharto immediately got together at least 45 mass organizations under the umbrella name KAP-Gestapu (Action Front to Crush the Sept. 30 Movement), led by Subchan Z.E., vice chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama, and Harry Tjan Silalahi of the Catholic Party. They organized rallies and hit squads from 4 Oct. 1965 onward and were directed by Soeharto himself. For more on this see:
(see Harold Crouch's, "The Army and Politics" OR Gusti Agung Ayu Ratih's, "Soeharto's New ORder State")
I guess but the three million figure still seems way high, never heard it before, most seem to say 500,000 or thereabouts. I'd still be far more inclined to blame certain groups, like the NU, for most of the killing rather than the people at the very top. Like why was there so much killing in the Javanese parts of Java and not so much in the Sundanese parts - local, and historical, factors very important, more than Suharto. But the government, such as it was, did provide, or allow to come into being, a suitable environment for it all to happen.

#33428 - 03 Jul 06 15:29 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The 500,000 number you refer to is only for Jawa and only for the initial frenzy of bloodletting in the first 3 months or so. So that Does Not include Bali, Lombok, Sumatra, Sulawesi etc.., nor does it include the lingering murders and prison deaths up through 1967. Most researchers seem to put all these -- provinces, methods of death etc. -- into separate boxes with separate death tolls.

Very clever in fact, and much of that can be attributed to the "Mighty Wurlitzer"! Google 'Mighty Wurlitzer' if you've not come across that term before - it's fascinating stuff.

Anyway, I could go on about this, but at the moment I'm off to Singapore for a couple days, so won't likely be posting unless I find some free time at an internet cafe. But most of 'em have closed down, because everyone in Sing. has their own PC/internet at home now.

#33429 - 03 Jul 06 15:41 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
finding internet cafes in singapore these days is a real hassle. i guess there's just no money in it anymore. they seem to open and close with great frequency.

#33430 - 03 Jul 06 21:44 Re: Suharto's Fantastic Sporting Record!
Patung Offline
Member++

The 500,000 figure is certainly not just for java, as I said it's one figure out of many that people put about but it seems to be generally agreed upon that it is at least close to the truth. It does just cover 65/66, after that things died down didn't they, I can't believe you can find another 2.5 million victims into 1967, although unpleasantness went on in some places.

General Sarwo Edhie did however once claim that 3 million were killed but he almost certainly pulled that number out of his arse. Also the PKI had a claimed membership of 3 million, so that may be where some confusion comes in.

There were plenty of people in prison camps but a death count in them in the millions for after early 66 into 67 seems way off, unless your'e talking gas chambers or something.

CIA conspiracy theories turneth me on not.

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website