Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32241 - 24 Jun 06 09:56 TEMPO/Bakrie Brothers Target 30 percent Increase in Growth
biznews Moderator Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakarta
Bakrie Brothers Target 30 percent Increase in Growth

Friday, 23 June, 2006 | 17:05 WIB

Tempo Interactive, Jakarta: PT Bakrie and Brothers Tbk is targeting a 30 percent growth in revenue this year.

According to Bobby Gafur Umar, President Director of Bakrie and Brothers, the growth will mainly be triggered by market growth in the telecommunications sector.

In the telecommunications sector, as of December 2004, total Esia cellular phone subscribers amounted to 485,000.

“During the first quarter of this year, it has already increased to 750,000,” said Bobby after the company's annual general meeting of shareholders yesterday (22/6).

This year, it is targeted that total subscribers will reach 1.3 million.

Yuanita Rohali, the Director of Finance, added that plantation sector is also good.

“As long as the price of natural rubber remains high, synthetic rubber will automatically keep pace with it and raise the already high natural rubber price.”

In the infrastructure sector, the company has also experienced significant growth since winning the Java-Sumatera gas pipeline project tender worth US$66 million and a gas distribution project to West Java worth US$37 million.

Marlina MS

#32242 - 24 Jun 06 21:06 Re: TEMPO/Bakrie Brothers Target 30 percent Increase in Growth
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Still refuse to do business with them. From a perspective based on actuality-they are twisted!

#32243 - 24 Jun 06 21:17 Re: TEMPO/Bakrie Brothers Target 30 percent Increase in Growth
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i reckon they are bad news. they have done some pretty sneaky financial deals recently. just shows the calibre of these people. the recent bumi resources' asset sell off smells to high heavens. they are certainly becoming emboldened recently. they perhaps know that it would be almost impossible for aburizal to get a send term as a minister, so they are making hay while the sun shines.

#32244 - 24 Jun 06 21:44 Re: TEMPO/Bakrie Brothers Target 30 percent Increase in Growth
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I'm actually a shareholder (actually my wife) of Bakrie & Bros. (BNBR) stock on the JSX and went to the shareholders meeting and got a free lunch. So that was cool. Their stocks are good because, for good or for ill, they have clout and ...

#32245 - 24 Jun 06 23:04 Re: TEMPO/Bakrie Brothers Target 30 percent Increase in Growth
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
They are bent, twisted and corrupt!

Moderator:  biznews, NetCop