Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Laughterwards
A TV show, Film or situation that was not really funny or marginally funny that for whatever reason is much funnier aftwrwards.
You have to watch Portlandia, but it's a laughterwards, so just give it a chance to kick in.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31768 - 30 Nov 05 06:19 TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
biznews Moderator Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakarta
From Tempo Interactive http://www.tempointeractive.com/hg/nasional/2005/11/29/brk,20051129-69877,uk.html

Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Tuesday, 29 November, 2005 | 23:44 WIB

Tempo Interactive, Jakarta:Business people involved in the property business have requested the Indonesian government to allow foreigners to purchase property in Indonesia as this policy can encourage economic activities, create work opportunities and increase foreign exchange.

The chairman of Indonesian Real Estate Lukman Purnomosidi said that many countries received billions of dollars of profits every year from this policy, particularly from the selling of condominiums. “Many Indonesians have purchased property abroad,” stated Purnomosidi in Jakarta on Monday (28/11).

This condition is very upsetting because the opportunities to purchase abroad are wide open. However, foreigners in Indonesia are not permitted to purchase property in Indonesia, so that added value is more enjoyed by other countries compared to Indonesia.

“The increasing number of properties selling abroad can be seen from the number of advertisements in national newspapers,” stated Purnomosidi. In foreign countries, rights to use the building can total 99 years. However, in Indonesia, rights only last for 25 years.

According to Head of the National Land Agency Joyo Winoto, Law No.5/1960 on Agrarian Affairs stipulates that foreigners are not allowed to have the building rights but only the rights to use. “The rights to use are also limited for 25 years,” stated Winoto.

Winoto added that the government was currently in the process of amending the law, including the option to improve the rights to use for foreigners or to give the building rights to foreigners. (Agus Supriyanto-Tempo News Room)

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#31769 - 30 Nov 05 17:46 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
KuKuLutus Offline
Member+

Hell no..
Don't listen to Business animals..LOL
Foreigner will abuse the rite..They will use it for land speculation...

#31770 - 30 Nov 05 18:01 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
you mean to say that rich indonesians don't engage in land speculation?

#31771 - 30 Nov 05 20:39 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

that's true, foreigner only has the right of use according to Indonesian LAW. but if u a legal entity (PT= Limited liability Company), u can have Rights of Building is valid for 35 years and can be extended

Most rich indo people has land in bandung, Yogyakarta for business speculation dear

#31772 - 30 Nov 05 21:29 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by douce_qipus:
that's true, foreigner only has the right of use according to Indonesian LAW. but if u a legal entity (PT= Limited liability Company), u can have Rights of Building is valid for 35 years and can be extended
i glad you mentioned that 99. see my article on this matter at <a href="http://okusi.net/garydean/works/landlaw.html">http://okusi.net/garydean/works/landlaw.html</a> wink

Quote:

Most rich indo people has land in bandung, Yogyakarta for business speculation dear
i have some land in Yogyakarta, on the slopes of Merapi, but i'm not rich frown

#31773 - 03 Dec 05 21:46 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

slop of merapi ? hm, u really need a business consultant before do invest in property LOL

#31774 - 03 Dec 05 21:50 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Kuku, i dunno about the effect of 2nd Bali Blast..but i think it 's worth if buy land in Jimbaran area.. i know the broke, the notary should be contacted.

How come u can buy land ? u r foreigner.. unless u have indo wife and she has pre marriage agreement with u

#31775 - 04 Dec 05 08:04 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Originally posted by douce_qipus:
Kuku, i dunno about the effect of 2nd Bali Blast..but i think it 's worth if buy land in Jimbaran area.. i know the broke, the notary should be contacted.
yes, i think it's still worthwhile buying properly priced Bali property, as long as you don't use these studid nominee methods trusting some "klingon" to act on your behalf.

Quote:
How come u can buy land ? u r foreigner.. unless u have indo wife and she has pre marriage agreement with u
No. buying land by foreigners should always be done by establishing their own PMA company. they should never use Indonesian "go-betweens". the current set up in Bali with foreigners "owning" land using Balinese nominees is a recipe for disaster.

#31776 - 04 Dec 05 22:18 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

yes u are rite, but somehow, if u want to marry again -u said that u have 4 wives ? or moer than that ??-- make a pre-marriage--agreement, so u can buy land under ur wife's name..but after that u make an agrrement before the Notary, that the right owner is u, ur wife doesn't have any rite to sale the land with out ur written agreement..

that's my advice, i know sound not a good indonesian's opinion , talking about protection over indo land.. but.. it happen in real life..
ironic ..

#31777 - 10 Dec 05 17:48 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Someone offered to sell me a bar on Blok M the other day (Top Gun). I thought about it for 1000 second, until I remembered that as a non citizen I have zero rights. I didnt buy, the bar closed last Friday and all of the staff are out of work.

Interestingly a lot of Indonesians own property in Australia and do so with the full security of australian law. In fact the majority of the residential property in the Sydney CBD is owned by Asian investors.

But I cannot buy land in most asian countries. I could jump up and down and shout racism - but I cannot cos Im white. Life sometimes just isnt fair!

#31778 - 10 Dec 05 20:31 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

Interestingly a lot of Indonesians own property in Australia and do so with the full security of australian law. In fact the majority of the residential property in the Sydney CBD is owned by Asian investors.
---------------------------->
Rosco, i dont think so it could be classified as RACISM...
how many indo rich people who has a huge amount of USD ????? coz property's price in OZ is tremendously expensive.. where in the earth -- i quoted ur words hehehehe--- there is indo people who can buy that ? only a few .....

while in the contrary, compare to property's price in ur country or other developed countries, land 's price in indo is cheaper( dont mention
property's / office blds in sudirman area..)
if indo govt let expat have land or building with ownership certificate over the land....i bet 50 % of indo territory will be owned by expat...how about poor people here ?????????? live getting harder and harder in indo now..

U still have possibility have business and building for establish ur biz, by the right of building...or just marry indo girl --fake ot not--but u have to make pre-marriage agreement before the Notary ...

But I cannot buy land in most asian countries. I could jump up and down and shout racism - but I cannot cos Im white. Life sometimes just isnt fair!

#31779 - 10 Dec 05 20:31 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

---------------------------->
Rosco, i dont think so it could be classified as RACISM...
how many indo rich people who has a huge amount of USD ????? coz property's price in OZ is tremendously expensive.. where in the earth -- i quoted ur words hehehehe--- there is indo people who can buy that ? only a few .....

while in the contrary, compare to property's price in ur country or other developed countries, land 's price in indo is cheaper( dont mention
property's / office blds in sudirman area..)
if indo govt let expat have land or building with ownership certificate over the land....i bet 50 % of indo territory will be owned by expat...how about poor people here ?????????? live getting harder and harder in indo now..

U still have possibility have business and building for establish ur biz, by the right of building...or just marry indo girl --fake ot not--but u have to make pre-marriage agreement before the Notary ...
---------------------------------------------------

----------------
hahahaha

#31780 - 10 Dec 05 20:51 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I understand your point DQ, but i still dont think its fair....

i would estimate 50% of the apartments in my building (Millenium towers) are owned by Indonesians. Its just like little Jakarta here. EVERY girl on the reception desk is Indonesian.

The building was being sold off the plans just after the Chinese Indonesian problems in 98, and HUNDREDS came here and bought an apartment. Usually their children live in the apprtment whist they study and get their PR. Most Australians cannot afford to buy here, so the poor still suffer!

Im too honest to marry an indonesian girl just to buy property - and as my friends who did so in BKK and the Philipines will tell you, they own nothing and the girl (and her entire extended family) own everything. To do a deal like that is plain stupid. In every case I know of the poor guy (usually not too bright) loses his supperannuation and life savings, ending up divorced and broke back in Sydney. The girls family move into the house and have a good laugh.

The argument of protecting the "poor people" doesnt hold either. I cannot buy property in Japan. The Japanese are`certainly not poor, property prices are at least on a par with Sydney. They simply dont wante Bules owning property because they are racist.

Im a simple man,I am not bright, but it seems to me that Asian countries can discriminate agianst me, but by golly if Australia discriminates against an Asian all hell breaks out.

#31781 - 10 Dec 05 20:53 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Incidentally DQ, take my comments "tongue in cheek" (- English expression means not too seriously), but do take note of them, because a lot of Bules say things like this and mean it!!!

#31782 - 12 Dec 05 13:31 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
kitasatu Offline
Member+

Loc: USA
It is my opinion that foreigners should be allow to invest as well as to buy some properties in Indonesia this could help create more jobs.!!! Indonesia is very beautiful country with good oportunity for growth if the government will give the oportunity to investors that know how to bring out the best potential without destroying the area. To have some good environmental control. What do you think??????

#31783 - 12 Dec 05 14:41 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
nice_girl Offline
Member++

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by kitasatu:
It is my opinion that foreigners should be allow to invest as well as to buy some properties in Indonesia this could help create more jobs.!!! Indonesia is very beautiful country with good oportunity for growth if the government will give the oportunity to investors that know how to bring out the best potential without destroying the area. To have some good environmental control. What do you think??????
you're right "Indonesia is very beautiful country with good oportunity for growth". but why must the foreigner? why not Indonesian???

#31784 - 12 Dec 05 15:27 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes, why worry about Bules destroying your environment. Indonesians are managing to do it very nicely without Western help....

#31785 - 15 Dec 05 16:28 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
douce_qipus Offline
Member++

hi rosco, how r u today, sory aboy ur lily...Anyway.. are u serious when u said want to help me with all PR application ?

Thanks in advance

#31786 - 16 Dec 05 05:18 Re: TI/AS/Foreigners Should Be Allowed to Purchase Property
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Take a look at this site:

http://www.kompas.com/metro/news/0512/09/094005.htm

See the adds for appartments in Melbourne? These are appartments that will be denied to Austalai couples if they are purchased by Indonesians.

Funny how Indonesians can buy in Australia, but not the other way round!!!!

If I were cynical I could make a lot of comments about discrimination against Bules. I will refrain - but I dont think your being fair!

Moderator:  biznews, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website