Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31660 - 06 Oct 06 15:12 KERALA/Help me get a date: text message plea to Indonesian president
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
From Kerala Next http://www.keralanext.com/news/?id=865721

Quote:
Help me get a date: text message plea to Indonesian president
Wednesday, October 04, 2006

JAKARTA - A cry for help from a man desperate for a date was one of two million text messages sent to Indonesia's president since he set up the service last year, a report has said.

"I need a job Mr. President! I also need a wife and I want to have a date! Please help me! You are the president, right?" said one of the messages sent to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the Koran Tempo reported.

As part of an anti-corruption campaign, Yudhoyono created the hotline number and a post box for the public to report abuses of power or bureaucratic problems.

The phone line soon crashed after it was inundated by thousands of text messages and calls so the president introduced a new number, 9949, which corresponds to his birth date.

Of the two million text messages, just 300,000 actually contained complaints, while of 18,000 letters, only one-third were serious, according to a book on the complaints launched Tuesday, Tempo reported.

The remainder were calls for help. Some demanded cash to set up small businesses or build places of worship, while many asked for assistance finding a job.

One woman even asked the president for a mobile phone, saying that her husband refused to lend his to her.

Yudhoyono, who took office in October 2004, has pledged to improve Indonesia's chronic bureaucratic snarls and get tough on corruption, which has poisoned the economy and deterred foreign investment.

#31661 - 06 Oct 06 15:14 Re: KERALA/Help me get a date: text message plea to Indonesian president
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I know it was you Dutch Guy !!!

#31662 - 06 Oct 06 15:22 Re: KERALA/Help me get a date: text message plea to Indonesian president
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Maybe Mr.Siluman for Indonesian girl from Exp Forum?

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#31663 - 06 Oct 06 17:07 Re: KERALA/Help me get a date: text message plea to Indonesian president
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by KuKuKaChu:
"I need a job Mr. President! I also need a wife and I want to have a date! Please help me! You are the president, right?"
[/QUOTE]

well done i think wink
at least he tried to say something from the bottom of heart!
he really said something truely;
need a job, need a wife, and want to date!
it's normal, everyone wannit smile

#31664 - 06 Oct 06 17:41 Re: KERALA/Help me get a date: text message plea to Indonesian president
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
It was probably a guy in the middle of the fast day and just wanted one of those sweet little california fruits.

#31665 - 06 Oct 06 18:17 Re: KERALA/Help me get a date: text message plea to Indonesian president
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by chewwyUK:
I know it was you Dutch Guy !!!
Am i sad and disappointed?? Mabye cos even a 37 yo guy still has "desires". But i can accept my destiny and take it as a man. There are more things in life than women, and i already proved to myself over the last 3 years that i can live without sex. I mean being without it hasn't killed me yet

maybe you're right chewww laugh

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop