Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 152 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105292 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Good German
A citizen of Nazi Germany who participated in or overlooked atrocities while denying personal moral responsibility by appeal to his submission to supposedly legitimate authority.
The American CIA agents who relied on the White House legal justification of torture were nothing more than Good Germans.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31435 - 28 Jul 06 13:44 Floyd Landis with a thump
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
It just goes to show how brilliant Armstrong was – at cheating.

Cut and paste from newspaper

Floyd Landis was set to make a triumphant post-Tour de France appearance on the "Tonight Show." Instead, the cyclist may end up as comedy fodder for host Jay Leno.

Landis, whose victory was put in doubt after his team said he tested positive for high testosterone levels, won't appear on the NBC talk show Friday as planned, a network spokeswoman said Thursday.

The show was informed by a representative for Landis that he was still in Europe and unavailable, the spokeswoman said. "Tonight" remains interested in having him on, she added.

NBC announced Wednesday that Landis' first talk-show appearance since winning the race Sunday would be with Leno on "Tonight" _ then came the announcement Thursday from his Phonak team that he had been suspended pending results of a backup sample of his drug test.

If Landis, of Murietta, is found guilty of doping he could be stripped of the Tour title and fired from the team.

In a late Thursday news conference conducted by telephone from somewhere in Europe, Landis said he was innocent of doping and he hoped to get a chance to prove he didn't cheat to win the race.

Promotion
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business and Management services
#31436 - 28 Jul 06 14:57 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
You, along with most of the mainsteam population of the world (including moronic journos who've never been on bike), understand this stuff like the proverbial blind men touching a different part of the elephant and desribing wildly different things.

Testosterone is not "dope", it is a naturally occurring hormone in all humans, especially world-class elite sportsmen -- many of whom have testosterone levels "off the charts" in comparison to an average joe couch potato.

In fact, his testosterone level was actually well within the acceptable range, it is just that another hormone, called epitestosterone was too low, and these two should not be too dissimilar, a T/E ratio of 4:1 is within acceptable limits, average joes have a 1:1 ratio.

His urine sample was taken immediately after a 250km blitz up and down five Alpine mountain passes, and extreme exertion such as that has been scientifically proven to temporarily alter hormone levels.

A Testosterone injection would not, could not help anyone immediately for just one race. It is the type of thing that some cheats use during training many months prior to build strength levels faster than is natural.

Landis would've been tested after each stage, and yet there was only one positive sample, after the 17th stage. Does that make any sense? It only would if he tested positive for something like amphetamines, which do give an immediate boost.

I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent yet. But for those of us who understand these things far better than all the couch potatoes, there are some real bizarre issues and questions that I would like answered first before I JUMP TO ANY IGNORANT CONCLUSIONS.

#31437 - 28 Jul 06 15:16 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I can be used to "hide" or disguise other drug use.....

#31438 - 28 Jul 06 16:03 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Just winding you up my dear friend. You hadn’t posted in a while so I thought what better way than to get you back on line than something that strikes at the heart of the white, middle-class American male. And here you are.

Regardless, the sport of professional cycling is a disgrace. In fact it is more disgraceful than boxing and sprinting. And that’s saying something. I am not mentioning baseball because nobody important plays it.

And it is because of this that Armstrong will be forever tainted. Rightly or wrongly.

Fuck, gotta go.

PB. What book?

#31439 - 28 Jul 06 16:18 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Book;

at the end of the millenium i was involved in a strange series of events, connected only by me.

I fell in love with a girl who had a false identity, and involved in a massive fraud that to this day is unreported. The two events intertwined......

I managed to come out of it sane, but only just.

#31440 - 28 Jul 06 17:42 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:
IT can be used to "hide" or disguise other drug use.....
It is true that "masking" agents have been used since drug testing began, but the drug testers are by now quite adept at seeing through those things.

Keep in mind that what we see here as "news" is a disgrace to the entire field of journalism. He has ONLY tested positive on his A sample, the B sample has not been analyzed yet. If that comes up positive too, then there will need to be other tests -- in this case, an endocrine test to determine his natural testosterone levels.

BTW, the world anti-doping agency (WADA) has NEVER been able to make one of these testosterone ratio "convictions" stick -- too much medical science against them that proves world-class athletes are freaks of nature and often fall way outside normal ranges.

Landis is, in criminal parlance, only "a person of interest". Not yet guilty, not yet indicted and not yet even charged!

But somehow we get these fat, lazy sedentary, non-sports journos judging and convicting him beyond any doubt and all the blind sheep of our mainstream societies blindly follow and nod and say he is guilty.

As for me, I will wait and see, but the real tragedy is if he's later proven 100% innocent, he will remain forever tainted because he's already been pronounced guilty in the court of public opinion.

#31441 - 28 Jul 06 18:38 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I have never had much interest in sport, especially those where performance outranks skill. Such activities are dependent upon genetics, financial backing of training and sadly, artificial aids.

Who cares who can run fastest. Swim the fastest. Lift the most. Who cares?

Drugs are endemic in sport. I drink coffee to stay awake at work. No one cheers me at the office…..

#31442 - 28 Jul 06 21:18 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
I really like the tour de france. But I have noticed that the cyclist tend to look really older than they are, almost like a gauntness in their faces( immediate unqualified chinese medicine assumption kidney failure-thankyou dear husband), or not disimilar to those meth users look-I dont mean to be rude or something but there is a similarity. I mean I would look like hell if I even took ten steps up an alp, but what I mean is their metabolism must just be so retrained or changed by that hardcore way of the sport.
Theres all this talk at the moment about gene therapy re " sports cheats"-apparantly its all on the cards and people think it may already have been done( but I dont think so). They made some poor mouse a super mouse, he speed runs round his litle mousewheel like mad.

..take only what you need..

#31443 - 29 Jul 06 13:45 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Wouldnt you guy's agree, that not just the americans have been tainted when it comes to the Tour de france? I have watched it every year for years, with my family. It always seemd to me that because of doping scandals over the year, it is widely believed (right or wrong) that most if not all riders are cheating by using drugs. Personally I dont give a damn, I just like watching the race. This is just another sport that I enjoy where the person I want to win is an underdog (cant remember the name of that scottish guy from ten years ago, but it was around the time Miguel Indurain (apologies for spelling) was clearing up.

Peter Kay

#31444 - 05 Aug 06 17:30 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Landis set to lose Tour title
From correspondents in Paris
August 05, 2006
TOUR de France winner Floyd Landis is set to be stripped of his title after his B sample confirmed he had abnormal levels of testosterone on Saturday the sport's governing body the UCI announced.
The 30-year-old American had failed a drugs test after the 17th stage of the Tour de France which he had won to get his way back into the race.

However the UCI revealed today that the B sample had simply confirmed the initial findings - though Landis's camp had already accepted that it would.

"UCI communicates that the analysis of the sample B of Floyd Landis's urine has confirmed the result of an adverse analytical finding notified by the Anti-doping laboratory of Paris on 26th July, following the analysis of the sample A," said a UCI statement.

"In accordance to the Anti-doping rules, the Anti-doping Commission of the UCI will request that the USA Cycling Federation open a disciplinary procedure against the rider."

#31445 - 18 Aug 06 03:40 Re: Floyd Landis with a thump
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The father-in-law of embattled Tour de France winner Floyd Landis was found dead in his car after committing suicide, coroner's officials said Wednesday.

The body of 57-year-old David Witt was discovered at a parking garage Tuesday afternoon, said Paul Parker, an investigator with the San Diego County Medical Examiner. He had a gunshot wound to the head, and the death was ruled a suicide, Parker said.

"The Landises are devastated by the news of David's death," family spokesman Michael Henson told The Associated Press. "They loved him dearly, and they miss him."

Witt was the stepfather of Landis' wife, Amber.

Landis' close friend, Dwight van Slyke, said he did not believe the recent doping allegations against the cyclist directly led to the suicide.

"It could have been a few percentages of the whole maybe, or just another negative thing that he was depressed over," said van Slyke, adding Witt had also been struggling under the strain of opening a new restaurant earlier this year.

An avid amateur cyclist, Witt met Landis through a mutual coach in 1998 and at one point the two shared an apartment in San Diego, Henson said. It was Witt who introduced Landis to his future wife and has been credited with introducing Landis -- a former mountain biker -- to the world of road racing.

Witt and Landis served as best man at each other's weddings, Henson said. Witt married Amber Landis' mother Rose, a schoolteacher, a short time after the younger couple married in 2000.

Landis has been under investigation by cycling authorities after testing positive for high levels of testosterone last month. The Tour de France has said it no longer considers Landis its champion.

The 30-year-old cyclist has cited a variety of possible reasons for his failed test: ingesting something that raised his testosterone, cortisone shots for pain in his degenerating hip, drinking beer and whiskey the night before the test, thyroid medication, his natural metabolism and dehydration.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website