Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105296 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
small hands
A male physical attribute with implications of having a small cock.
"Yo Rich, what up wit yo small hands?"
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31365 - 19 Jul 06 20:06 Did the earth move?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Did you guys feel any earthquake in jakarta? I just rang my sister in law ( kemayoran) and she said she didnt feel any earthquake at all?

..take only what you need..

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#31366 - 19 Jul 06 20:24 Re: Did the earth move?
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Yes Ena, I felt it. She supposed can feel it if she lives in Kemayoran, the earthquake epicenter was at Sunda strait. I live in south part of Jakarta, goes more toward inland. Hanabi babe felt it too, and you know she's in Senen.

#31367 - 19 Jul 06 21:03 Re: Did the earth move?
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I'm in West Jakarta, my wife felt it, but I was in the other room swigging a bottle wine and did not feel it, or at least it did not register with my internal balancing mechanisms...

#31368 - 19 Jul 06 22:00 Re: Did the earth move?
branmac Offline
Member+

Loc: Australia
this is all part of an act of agression from the Australian Prime Minister Little johnnie H. He is forcing the Australian tectonic plate to advance towards the Sunda plate so the he can finally take control of Indonesia. he is riding the wave of every tsunami and getting so much closer to Indonesia and he can smell the aroma of Indonesian coffee. He is wearing his board shorts and tank top and whipping his little butt as he gets closer to Indonesia every year. But he is stupid.. he only advances 59 milimeters each year and it will take anothe 60,000 years before Australia meets Java. Also what he doesn't realise is that the Sunda plate is on top of the Australia plate and by the time he gets there he will be looking up at 400 million screaming angry butts all wanting to dump on him.
well an eye for an eye and 400 million turds for a little turd. imoerialism cannot survive in this day. (can someone tell this to Israel).

#31369 - 20 Jul 06 02:28 Re: Did the earth move?
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Israel is 100% correct in their actions.

It was THEIR land before all this started and they've just come back, and now they're surrounded by a bunch of barbarians at the gate.

A good analogy would be: your dad legitimately settled and built a nice ranch out in the country on previously uninhabited land. But some thugs then forced him out and you grew up knowing that story and hating the thugs. Eventually you go back there, kick the thugs out and now your're trying to keep them from coming back. That, in a nutshell, is Israel.

So we should all think twice before we blindly condemn Israelis for bravely defending themselves against these thugs and barbarians.

#31370 - 20 Jul 06 16:34 Re: Did the earth move?
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by laluna:
Yes Ena, I felt it. She supposed can feel it if she lives in Kemayoran, the earthquake epicenter was at Sunda strait. I live in south part of Jakarta, goes more toward inland. Hanabi babe felt it too, and you know she's in Senen.
maybe my sil was sleeping! I reckon in senen its hard to notice anything except traffic-ya hanabi ... laugh
I really hate that ruko.

..take only what you need..

#31371 - 21 Jul 06 13:54 Re: Did the earth move?
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Loc: Here and there...
Quote:
Originally posted by branmac:
this is all part of an act of agression from the Australian Prime Minister Little johnnie H. He is forcing the Australian tectonic plate to advance towards the Sunda plate so the he can finally take control of Indonesia. he is riding the wave of every tsunami and getting so much closer to Indonesia and he can smell the aroma of Indonesian coffee. He is wearing his board shorts and tank top and whipping his little butt as he gets closer to Indonesia every year. But he is stupid.. he only advances 59 milimeters each year and it will take anothe 60,000 years before Australia meets Java. Also what he doesn't realise is that the Sunda plate is on top of the Australia plate and by the time he gets there he will be looking up at 400 million screaming angry butts all wanting to dump on him.
well an eye for an eye and 400 million turds for a little turd. imoerialism cannot survive in this day. (can someone tell this to Israel).
LOL! Branmac! You're so funny... laugh Is he a surfer wanna be? laugh

#31372 - 21 Jul 06 13:57 Re: Did the earth move?
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Loc: Here and there...
Quote:
Originally posted by Ena:
maybe my sil was sleeping! I reckon in senen its hard to notice anything except traffic-ya hanabi ... laugh
I really hate that ruko.
Ena babe! I manage to stay away from the traffic. I don't need to take over a car on foot... smile

#31373 - 24 Jul 06 22:20 Re: Did the earth move?
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Does the earth still move if you shag in space?

Regardless, I volunteer for this part: “Nevertheless, Logan and others say the study of sex and other biological basics in outer space will be crucial to humanity's ‘long-term push’ into the final frontier.”

By Alan Boyle
Science editor
MSNBC
Updated: 11:53 p.m. ET July 23, 2006

Alan Boyle
Science editor

LAS VEGAS - Having sex in the weightlessness of outer space is the stuff of urban legends and romantic fantasy — but experts say that there would be definite downsides as well.

Spacesickness, for instance. And the difficulty of choreographing intimacy. And the potential for sweat and other bodily fluids to, um, get in the way.

"The fantasy might be vastly superior to the reality," NASA physician Jim Logan said here Sunday at the Space Frontier Foundation's NewSpace 2006 conference. Nevertheless, Logan and others say the study of sex and other biological basics in outer space will be crucial to humanity's long-term push into the final frontier.

"Sex in space is not just a good idea, it's survival," said Vanna Bonta, a writer who blends romance with space travel and quantum physics in the novel "Flight."

Sex in the space environment has long been a source of rumor and speculation: Several years ago, one author claimed that NASA had conducted a study of sexual behavior during a space shuttle mission, sparking a quick round of denials. Today, NASA follows something of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy on the subject — leading Logan to stress that he was not representing the space agency at Sunday's panel discussion.

The subject is coming to the fore again now for several reasons — including next month's publication of a book by Laura Woodmansee titled "Sex in Space," as well as billionaire Robert Bigelow's plan to host research into animal propagation on his commercial space modules.

After all, sometime in the next decade Bigelow Aerospace envisions putting a hotel complex in orbit, "where people will probably be recreating and having sex," Bonta said.

Woodmansee said sex would be "the killer app of space tourism ... because every couple who goes up there, or threesome or whatever their personal choice is, is going to want to try this."

However, off-Earth romantics will have to cope with some practical challenges:

Sex in space would likely be "hotter and wetter" than on Earth, Bonta said, because in zero-G there is no natural convection to carry away body heat. Also, scientists have found that people tend to perspire more in microgravity. The moisture associated with sexual congress could pool as floating droplets.

The physics of zero-G make the mechanics of sex more complicated. Bonta said it was challenging even to kiss her husband during a zero-G simulation flight they took recently.

"You actually have to struggle to connect and stay connected," she recalled. Partners would have to be anchored to the wall and/or to each other. To address that need, Bonta has come up with her own design for garments equipped with strategically placed Velcro strips and zippers.

Although zero-G could be a boon for saggy body parts, Bonta said males might notice a "slight decrease" in penis size due to the lower blood pressure that humans experience in microgravity.

Romantics will also need to guard against the type of motion sickness that space travelers often encounter, especially if they get too adventurous right off. "Save the acrobatics for post-play vs. foreplay," Bonta advised.

For all these reasons, Logan said spontaneous sex in space could be "a little underwhelming."

"It's a pretty messy environment, when you think about it," he said. "And for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. However ... I can well imagine how compelling, inspiring, and quite frankly stimulating choreographed sex in zero-G might be in the hands of a skilled and talented cinematographer with appropriate lighting and music."

When the crowd tittered, Logan added, "I'm not kidding: Sex in zero-G is going to have to be more or less choreographed. Otherwise it's just going to be a wild flail."

Bonta suggested that a honeymoon space hotel could offer specially designed environments to enhance zero-G intimacy — for instance, "hydro rooms" filled with floating droplets of cool water or scented oil.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website