Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105296 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Hot Donald
A large, fresh dump.
Do you mind if I use your restroom? I'm about to have a Hot Donald.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#31261 - 13 Jul 06 17:14 Phoenix police hunt two potential serial killers
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 Posted: 1923 GMT (0323 HKT)

PHOENIX, Arizona (CNN) -- Phoenix police are trying to solve two separate strings of killings that have terrorized the community.

Authorities say they are looking for someone who has shot 34 people at random in the past year as they walked or rode bicycles, killing four.

Police say the other suspect is a serial killer and rapist who has struck 20 times, killing six of his victims. Police are not saying how many of the victims were raped.

"We're doing a lot of community talking right now," police Sgt. Andy Hill told CNN's "American Morning" on Wednesday. "We have a big meeting planned for the community tonight. We've been encouraging people to understand that they can be empowered if they're cautious, careful and take the time to call us with information."

However, people in Phoenix say they remain on edge.

"I'm afraid to walk outside," one resident said. "I'm afraid to be alone." (Watch police show how the killers operate -- 3:01)

In the attacks on walkers or bicyclists, police have decided that the same person is likely responsible for a recent series of shootings and an earlier one in which four people were killed -- for a total of 34 shootings.

"We believe we have enough similarities and MO to go ahead and put those two series of shootings together," Hill said.

The shootings were all random, he said, and there were no witnesses. The victims all were walking alone, riding a bicycle or pushing one when the shootings occurred.

"There is no connection to race or gender or sex that would indicate to us that anybody's being targeted," Hill said.

The suspect is believed to have used a vehicle, possibly a light-colored sedan. But police urge anyone with information -- regardless of whether a vehicle matches that description -- to call them, Hill said.

The serial killer, dubbed the "Baseline Killer," is believed to be responsible for at least 19 attacks and five homicides in Phoenix since last summer, said police Detective Stacie Derge. In the Phoenix suburb of Tempe, a sixth homicide, which happened in September, also is believed to be related, Hill said.

"He started with robberies and sexual assaults," Derge said, and initially was called the "Baseline Rapist," because many of his attacks occurred near Baseline Road.

The suspect has been described as a black male between 25 and 40. In some instances, he was described as bald or having a shaved head, but in others he was said to have long hair. Police suspect he may wear a wig as a disguise.

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#31262 - 03 Aug 06 13:08 Re: Phoenix police hunt two potential serial killers
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Model says she's living her dream with notorious serial killer

Thursday August 3, 2006
By Andrew Gumbel

LOS ANGELES - He's one of America's most notorious recent serial killers and she's a model and actress.

He's waiting to find out if he faces death or life imprisonment for the murders of four California women he picked up, assaulted, strangled and dismembered a decade ago. She will wait with him.

Officially, Victoria Redstall has been following the trial of Wayne Adam Ford as a documentary maker. Unofficially, though, she has developed something of a fixation on the truck driver-turned-brutal killer - visiting him several times a week in jail, photographing him constantly in the courtroom and out, and speaking of a strong emotional bond with him.

British-born Redstall's devotion has made even Ford's own lawyers nervous, as they hope to impress the jury with their argument that their client is a changed and remorseful man, not the monster beyond salvation portrayed by the prosecution.

What makes the relationship particularly strange is that Redstall once worked as a model touting herbal breast enhancement pills. Ford, meanwhile, not only fixated on the breasts of his victims, but he also cut them off. When he walked into a police station in northern California to confess his crimes eight years ago, he had the severed breast of his last victim in a plastic bag in his pocket.

"It's hysterical," was Redstall's breezy comment on the matter.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, she explained her fascination. "I trust Wayne with my life."

"He's got such a kindness to him and such a conscience. He is so tuned in to me and I to him that sometimes words don't have to be said."

She described how the two of them had talked about their childhoods and sung favourite country music songs together across the plexiglass divide of the visiting room in the county jail.

She said meeting him last April was the culmination of a long fascination with serial killers - "the dream of a lifetime".

Asked whether the extraordinary brutality of his crimes gave her pause, she said: "Everyone tells me, 'Be careful, he's a serial killer'. But they don't know Wayne like I do. We've all got evil in us - all of us.

"He took it to the extent of killing humans. But I'm going on the man he is today and the remorse that he has."

For much of the trial, Redstall enjoyed the support of the judge, Michael Smith, to the point where she was authorised to take pictures in circumstances granted to no other reporter or photographer.

She used one of the pictures of Ford in court as the screensaver on her mobile phone.

Last week, however, Ford's lawyers asked for a hearing to reconsider Redstall's media credentials and argued that she had not conducted herself in an "honest and forthright" manner.

After the final sentencing hearing last week, Redstall drove her red convertible alongside the bus taking Ford back to his cell so he could see her blond hair and jewellery.

"Wayne's pleasure of his day is having me visit him," she said.

"And we're going to get this documentary made together."

- INDEPENDENT

#31263 - 03 Aug 06 13:58 Re: Phoenix police hunt two potential serial killers
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
i think these monsters watched too much Nip/Tuck...blame on Julian McMohan for this!

#31264 - 03 Aug 06 15:51 Re: Phoenix police hunt two potential serial killers
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

lol. Yes, bad American television is to blame for much. My persistantly vegetative state for one.

#31265 - 03 Aug 06 16:00 Re: Phoenix police hunt two potential serial killers
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
LOL.....LOL....not that bad babes...just like watch Bart Simpson episodes in the daylight

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website