Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Laughterwards
A TV show, Film or situation that was not really funny or marginally funny that for whatever reason is much funnier aftwrwards.
You have to watch Portlandia, but it's a laughterwards, so just give it a chance to kick in.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#30162 - 20 Apr 06 17:55 Gender & Transformation
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Different gender or status on Islam is the most top issue until right now, lots of argument came on one side if blame Islam for women oppression, the other hand said this thing is a “light house” and reformation and the other hand, still on their way that women status and their role in Islam society shall be specialize importantly on a social economic powers, instead of faith or religion.

For a long time women in Islam society has become part of globalization dialogue and change, a process which in uncertainty condition and contradictories which was created lots of anomaly. In Egypt, it long has been view by one of the modern Islam country, the women can’t be a judge, but in Morocco more than 20 % women was judge, Women in Egypt and Malaysia have access to get the best and good education and get good carier or professional position which responsibility for all the sectors of life.

But just like the other common Muslim society, the women should ask permission from their men or their man’s family to do some business trip. Women in Arab have lots of real estate in Riyadh and Jeddah can have a business by their own but “forbidden” to drive their own car, separation as sexually, and just have “stuck” profession, near on Kuwait, women has functional in the middle of society to take the responsibility positions in many area, but they don’t have right for election, in Iran where they should wearing veil in public, the majority of women in universities has professional positions, at the Parliament, and there was a former President at one of that Islam Republic, even though Pakistani women have right for election, be ambassador, and prime minister, them, specially, who’s poor and weak and suffer under the Islam law which it still exist and still in forcing, in Afghanistan , Taliban in the name of Islam force the professionals women to stop their work and forbidden for children to go to school.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#30163 - 20 Apr 06 18:00 Re: Gender & Transformation
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
So! Whats the point! Check my Adams apple! (Joke)

I konw what it is like, I lived in the Middle East for 18 years! What sre we going to do! Sign a petition?

Somethings will never change! Accept it!

#30164 - 20 Apr 06 18:43 Re: Gender & Transformation
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Respect the women!!!! Especially in Indonesia, this is not Islam country or religion country, but some of people (Islam) adapt for the Middle East, build harem and abusing their wifes?? And using religion as "mask" and if they (women) don't want to service, then he say, example me (as a women) is a siner, not ongoing for the God and religion!!!

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#30165 - 20 Apr 06 18:51 Re: Gender & Transformation
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
I wish there's no religion and we could live in peace

#30166 - 20 Apr 06 19:00 Re: Gender & Transformation
g00f13 Offline
Member*

Loc: earth
Imagine all the people...

#30167 - 20 Apr 06 19:12 Re: Gender & Transformation
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

John Lennon was true smile

#30168 - 20 Apr 06 21:09 Re: Gender & Transformation
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

My perspective. Countries should publsih national cultural attitudes, and people moving there should accept it.

This bullshit crap about women is creeping into Australia with Islamic migrants. If they cannot stomach women being equal WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING HERE?

#30169 - 20 Apr 06 21:17 Re: Gender & Transformation
g00f13 Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by Polar Bear:
My perspective. Countries should publsih national cultural attitudes, and people moving there should accept it.

This bullshit crap about women is creeping into Australia with Islamic migrants. If they cannot stomach women being equal WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING HERE?
Bludging, bludging, bludging. Spreading their brand of ideals. And we're the taxpayers paying for it, literally.

#30170 - 25 Apr 06 17:28 Re: Gender & Transformation
cherry Offline
Member**

Loc: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally posted by Macan Tutul:
Respect the women!!!! Especially in Indonesia, this is not Islam country or religion country, but some of people (Islam) adapt for the Middle East, build harem and abusing their wifes?? And using religion as "mask" and if they (women) don't want to service, then he say, example me (as a women) is a siner, not ongoing for the God and religion!!!
the Qur'an provides clear-cut evidence that women is completely equated with man in the sight of GOD in terms of her rights and responsibilities
in Islam therefore, both men and women are credit with the capacity for learning and understandingand teaching, and one of the aims of acquiring knowladge is that of becoming more conscious of GOD. It's considered in islam that thr more a person, male or female, studies the creation and obseves its workings, the more he or shebocomes conscious of the creator, the power who made and sustains the creation..

#30171 - 25 Apr 06 18:13 Re: Gender & Transformation
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Of course Cherry, sekarang pertanyaanku adalah mengapa (sebagian) dari laki2 (dalam kasus seperti ini) yg tidak menghormati pasangan or istri mereka mengatakan bahwa "tertulis dalam Al-Qur'an dan Allah jugamengharuskan istri untuk mentaati dan menuruti kehendak suami" pada prakteknya disaat isrti itu tidak mau, mungkin sedang marah or not mood, sang istri dikatakan berdosa karena tidak menuruti perintah agama, its not fair if blaming to God and religion, but should be moral mereka yg dipertanyakan
while violation of the rights of God will be taken care of by God himself.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#30172 - 25 Apr 06 20:41 Re: Gender & Transformation
Stingray Offline

Loc: asean
If only common sense is applied. All religions are good until abused.

#30173 - 25 Apr 06 21:05 Re: Gender & Transformation
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

But common sense and religion dont go hand in hand. Castholics believe conmunion wine turns to Christs blood..... Common sesnse says that is CRAP!

Christians believe Christ came back from the dead....Common sesnse says that is CRAP!

much of Islam is the same. It fails the common sense tests...

#30174 - 25 Apr 06 21:09 Re: Gender & Transformation
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

I only believe on common sense, the real thing smile

#30175 - 25 Apr 06 22:08 Re: Gender & Transformation
g00f13 Offline
Member*

Common sense and religion are mutually exclusive.

It should say thou shall shag their neighbours.

#30176 - 25 Apr 06 22:22 Re: Gender & Transformation
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by g00f13:
Common sense and religion are mutually exclusive.

It should say thou shall shag their neighbours.
you mean it doesn't?

That’s another one I got wrong.

Wait til Dilli finds out sheep shagging isn’t in the exclusion rules.

11. Thou shalt not shag sheep. Even the cute ones.

#30177 - 26 Apr 06 08:07 Re: Gender & Transformation
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

What! Nae mair sheep shagging! Bastard! Is oral allowed? I've had my eye on a cute one just around the corner from Cipete Raya for a few weeks now and it winks at me!

#30178 - 26 Apr 06 08:16 Re: Gender & Transformation
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
The best thing about religion is that it is intially set out to follow rules which Human's are tempted to break. Then it is given to man, who automatically sees where he can bend break and ignore those very rules. It could be a good thing, but it generally never is!

You know if you doing something immoral, you dont need a bunch of 2000 year old rules and conformations to tell you

Peter Kay

#30179 - 26 Apr 06 08:33 Re: Gender & Transformation
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Better to make new rules as you go along.

#30180 - 26 Apr 06 08:46 Re: Gender & Transformation
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie:
You know if you doing something immoral, you dont need a bunch of 2000 year old rules and conformations to tell you
Exactly. The commandments dont say anything about persauding 13 yo schoolgirls to appear naked on the Web, but it is still immoral....

#30181 - 26 Apr 06 19:25 Re: Gender & Transformation
Stingray Offline

Loc: asean
Pls correct me if I'm wrong but i thought Islam is a religion of peace, moderation, innovation etc so the issue of fairness to the fairer one should follow the tide of time. Only the benevolence enjoy this & it's not likely to change for the not so lucky.

MT, i think it all comes down to common sense then.

There's no miracle here.

#30182 - 26 Apr 06 19:51 Re: Gender & Transformation
g00f13 Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by Sausage Master Polar Bear:
Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie:
Exactly. The commandments dont say anything about persauding 13 yo schoolgirls to appear naked on the Web, but it is still immoral....
Since when do 13yo schoolgirls appear naked on the web become immoral? The web was not invented until the 80s.

#30183 - 26 Apr 06 20:03 Re: Gender & Transformation
g00f13 Offline
Member*

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilligaf:
What! Nae mair sheep shagging! Bastard! Is oral allowed? I've had my eye on a cute one just around the corner from Cipete Raya for a few weeks now and it winks at me!
Allowed only for all JakChatter.

#30184 - 26 Apr 06 23:32 Re: Gender & Transformation
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Thanks Goof, that little sheep on Cipete Raya is getting a seeing to - tonight!

#30185 - 27 Apr 06 06:57 Re: Gender & Transformation
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

All yours Dilli.

I wondered why you got a hard on when you smell Apple Sauce...

#30186 - 27 Apr 06 07:09 Re: Gender & Transformation
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Quote:
Originally posted by Stingray:
Pls correct me if I'm wrong but i thought Islam is a religion of peace, moderation, innovation etc so the issue of fairness to the fairer one should follow the tide of time. Only the benevolence enjoy this & it's not likely to change for the not so lucky.

MT, i think it all comes down to common sense then.

There's no miracle here.
All religions are meant to be peaceful, moderate..... unfortunately man comes in to play and the wicked and greedy will always take advantage of the meek. The meek will inherit the earth? More likley the weak will get a good kicking by the strong, and the strong will make sure the weak never get strong.....Think USA vs anyone who currently has debt or dodgy trade-agreements with the Yanks. Goodness, America is invading countries at the moment that threaten their main fuel resource price. As I said before, Religion is ideal, in the ideal world, which we certainly DO NOT live in.

Peter Kay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website